Cover Image: Miss Newbury's List

Miss Newbury's List

It's well written. I love the parallels within it, from the idea of perfection vs being happy with imperfection, the differences between Charlie and Benjamin at first when it came to family loyalty/duty, etc.

Charlie I personally found a bit hard to love compared to other male protagonists in similar novels though I couldn't quite put my finger on why. He was a gentleman, caring, and I liked that he developed throughout the novel from a "delinquent", for lack of a better word, to someone that realized doing the right thing for his family is also doing the right thing for himself, especially since they love and care for him so much.

The list was an original idea I haven't seen done before in the genre so that was nice. I like to see creativity and I like at least some plot when reading historical romances.

The cover is also rather beautiful.
Am I the last person to read this book? Most likely. But hey! I finally read it! And let me tell you, friends - it is such a good one.

I loved how unique the premise of this book was - a heroine in a Regency romance with a bucket list to complete before she is forced into a marriage of convenience (to a duke, no less)? Yes please. Add in an utterly charming hero, delightful side characters, shenanigans for days as they attempt to fulfill every item on said bucket list, a swoony romance, and some great character arcs, and you've got yourself a winner.

This book truly was delightful and if you haven't read it yet, you've gotta get to it pronto. I have spoken.

Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the copy; all thoughts are my own 🙂
Regency bucket list! Ros knows she's about to lose her freedom when she marries, and hopes to experience certain things before the wedding. While her accomplishment of some of these brings humor to the story, it is her feelings of being caught between her own heart and the expectations of her family and society that made the story so compelling to me. Charlie is drawn in to the endeavor and encourages her independence, helping her see that she is more than what her marriage will do for her family. Their romance felt forbidden since she is promised to the duke, so I'm glad they spent the majority of the story as friends with attraction and deepening feelings. The character growth and relationship dynamics Ros has with her family and friends made this book a pleasure to read, and one I plan to read again!

Disclosure statement: A complimentary copy of this book was provided from a tour group, publisher, publicist, or author, including NetGalley, OR was borrowed from the library, including OverDrive, OR borrowed from Kindle Unlimited, OR purchased. A review was not required and all views and opinions expressed are unbiased and my own.
This was such a sweet and uplifting Regency novel. I actually ended up listening to the audiobook version of the story and really enjoyed the narration.

The author did a great job of showing the way that Rosalind was dedicated to marrying the Duke for the good of her family. She was quite nervous about her impending nuptials, yet was certain that she was doing the right thing. I enjoyed watching as her eyes began to open to the reality that she was potentially giving up happiness and the possibility of love for a title.

The interactions and growing chemistry between Charlie and Ros was done very well. These two really related to each other. It was sweet to read about the way they both “saw” each other. Ros was able to recognize what had broken Charlie and she helped him recover and begin to move on to accepting his responsibilities. Charlie realized that Ros was unhappy when no one else seemed to. They had quite a few obstacles to overcome in this novel before they could find their happily ever after.

I received a complimentary copy of this book. All opinions are my own.
Miss Newbury's List by Megan Walker is a delightful regency romance.  It is well crafted and fun story of finding love.  I recommend this book.
A historical fiction with a new-friends-to-lovers slow burn romance. You had me at "historical fiction" honestly, but the slow burn made things even better... I thought at first that the way Rose goes about her list was a bit too girlish for her stature but realized, of course she'd be that excited, with how sheltered she's supposed to be!
The slow burn romance in this book was incredible and I loved how strong the chemistry was although it was the perfect pacing. I loved the main couple's interactions and how adorable they were together, This is my first book of this authors but it will not be my last!
Miss Newbury’s List is absolutely delightful! From the setting to the characters, at every turn I found myself wanting and needing to read more. I loved Rosalind and her list. She was bound and determined to fulfill it before she fulfilled her duty to her family of securing a title. And Charlie! *sigh* What can I say about Charlie? From his crooked nose to his straightforward and honest manner, everything about him was enchanting. I could not seem to get enough of Ros, Charlie, and Liza’s adventures. I think I will never look at a cheesecake the same way again! The slow burn romance was electric and you could feel the chemistry sizzling off the pages! A proper romance that will have you hooked from page one, Miss Newbury’s List is a must read for regency fans!
I received a copy of this book for free; all thoughts and opinions are my own.
This was my first book by Megan Walker and I really enjoyed it!!! If you love the era of dukes and duchesses you will love this book!!! Read and enjoy!!!
One of my struggles with historical romance is that the writing is often difficult to read with the dialogue being out of era. Megan Walker eliminates this struggle and writes in a very approachable way. Miss Newbury's List has my favorite proper romance cover of the year. The author writes beautifully descriptive prose that is not over the top.
A quick and easy, lovely read. Very Jane Austen-esque.

I enjoyed going on Miss Newbury’s journey to complete her list before marrying the Duke.

I typically don’t like reading on flights but this one held my attention well.

Thank you Net Galley & to the publisher for this ARC in exchange for my honest review.
💭 𝕄𝕪 𝕋𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕤:

🏰 I find it very rare that someone is able to capture the true essence and romance that was England in the 1800s. Jane Austen did it and Megan Walker did it. I had the same overwhelmingly warm feeling that these books bring on. I would gladly jump back in time to this era.

🥊Women forced to marry for security and titles instead of love is such a reality of the time and l like nothing more than a true love defying the odds. Rosalind and Charlie were the perfect protrayal of this!

🐎 This book was a true romance and different from the other books of this era that I have read. I definitely will be going out and getting a physical copy to keep on my shelves for years to come.
This was a good book with lovable characters. I love how Charlie was willing to help Rosalind to finish all the items on her list and the creative ways they did it. I also liked that as they spent time together and worked on this list Rosalind found out she wanted more from life then an arranged marriage. I loved watching their romance develop and how it took a while for them to realize that they felt more for each other then just friendship. A very enjoyable story.

I received a complimentary book from publishers, publicists, and or authors.  A review was not required and all opinions and ideas expressed are my own.
I loved the set up for this and enjoyed the whole story and hope there are more with the other characters.
I thoroughly enjoy the Proper Romance genre and there were elements of this story that were pleasing, but ultimately a woman mature enough for marriage seems to be acting as a child to follow through with a list she created as a 12 year old. Adventures with friends are worth pursuing and the main character did learn along the way, but I would have enjoyed a more mature approach.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
I LOVED Rose and Charlie! They have become one of my favorite book couples. Rosalind the proper lady and Charlie the rouge one. These two cross paths in their crazy journeys and help each other find the courage to look deep and act on the future they want.

The action in this had me on the edge of my seat! It was perfectly done!

I honestly don’t know if I’ve ever smiled so hard at the ending to a book. It was so sweet. You’ll be jumping up and down literally rooting out loud for these two that were meant to be together the whole time!

Thank you NetGalley and Shadow Mountain Publishing for giving me the opportunity to read and review this beautiful book!
Miss Newbury's List is about Rosalind Newbury who has  signed a marriage contract to marry a duke. This will raise her families social standings. She doesn't know the duke very well but assumes that it will not be so bad to get married and then grow into love. However, she finds a list she created a while back and realizes that she should finish the list before she gets married. This will help  her prepare to get married. However, little did she know that the list will take her on a wild adventure where she finds the love of her life. Is it the duke?

This book was the definition of proper romance with a few unique characteristics. I loved that this was not a cookie cutter proper romance. The chemistry between Rosalind and Charlie is beautiful. I thought the story gave us every detail about this story we could possibly need. This for the most part was a good thing. However, there were just a few instances that I thought this novel added unnecessary scenes. I also felt there were a few phrases that were added that I do not know if they would have been used during the time. Otherwise, it was amazing!

Read if you enjoy:
Bucket lists
Proper Romance
Friends to lovers
Best Friends
Families
Thank you Netgalley and Shadow Mountain Publishing for the ARC copy in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts are my own.
I loved this author's debut novel Lakeshire Park and have been patiently waiting for another book from her. I loved this sweet romance although life got in the way of my reading and it took me a few days to finish it.

Ros is engaged to be married to a Duke and has a bucket list she'd like to accomplish before her wedding because once she's a Duchess with the eyes of Society on her at all times she'll have to be prim and proper. Her bestie Liza is there to help her, along with Liza's brother Charlie who's currently in hot water with his family and trying to work himself back into their good graces.

I loved watching Ros and Charlie cross things off of her list and wondered how long it was going to take before they realized they were falling in love. Then what would Ros do about her engagement to the Duke? Breaking an engagement led to consequences in Society.

Like all the Proper Romance books this is a sweet romance and of course there's a happily ever after. I received a complimentary copy from the publisher via NetGalley. All thoughts expressed in this review are my own.
This is an adorable regency clean romance novel by Meghan Walker, Miss Rosalind Newbury was brilliant and beautiful when she was engaged to the Duke of Marlow arranged by her parents. Rosalind was making this decision to get married because her family bordered prime farmland that they owned which was one of the Duke's estates. The Duke wanted the land and Rosalind's family desired his title to bolster the family name. Rosalind was wild, free, and full of adventure, and Alice her aunt wanted her to live her life fully first. Rosalind's Aunt encouraged her to create a list of 10 things to do that she wanted to experience before her wedding. One of the items on her list was to learn how to swim. Lisa her best friend is the only one she trusted with her list. Rosalind went swimming alone in a pond and there she accidentally drowned -almost died, from which she is saved by Charlie Winston, a boxer, Ros's best friend Lisa's cousin who is back in the countryside from London. Mr. Winston helps her out of the pond by saving her life.

She hardly knew the duke and was doubtful that she was going to get married to him and Rosalind was the only one who could bring a title to the family. Rosalind has to choose between her family's expectations of love and her spark with romantic moments with Charles Winston as she completes the items that are dangerous and risky in the list that would make her happy.

I received a complimentary copy to review for my honest opinion. Thanks to NetGalley and Shadow Mountain Publishing. This book will warm readers' hearts and I highly recommend it.
This book was such a delightful read! I thought the setting was just wonderful and really enjoyed delving into the rural regency world. The characters were so great and Rosalind was so warm and so lovely. I loved how the plot played out and all the adventures and escapades that the characters got up to throughout. I thought Charlie was so swoony and rooted for him so much! All round a lovely book and I definitely recommend!