Cover Image: The Plus One

The Plus One

I absolutely adored The Plus One! I have loved every book of the A Brush With Love series but this one was just so special. We’ve gotten to know Indira over the last two books and getting to read her story made me understand and appreciate her character so much more. Raw, emotional, perfectly imperfect characters, Philly, amazing friendship, a hilarious creature cat and full of so much love. 5/5⭐️

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for the ARC in exchange for my honest review
MAZEY!!!!!!! I loved this so much. This book had me kicking my feet!!!!! I love Indira and Jude so so much, and I love the transparency and representation for mental illness and therapy in this book. It was just perfect, amazing spicy scenes, the cutest characters. I literally just love all of them and I have to read every other book Mazey Eddings has ever written. Big big big thank you to NetGalley for the arc <3
This is the third of Mazey Eddings books that I have read and she has quickly become a favorite. Her characters feel like friends. She is funny, witty heartwarming and still also writes  seriously steamy scenes too. I truly enjoyed this enemies to lovers story of Jude and Indira. One aspect I truly appreciate in Eddings books is including characters with real world struggles. I will continue reading everything Mazey writes.
I received this book ARC through NetGallery. This book is the last in the Brush with Love series. This book was my favorite in the series! The book followed Indira, child psychiatrist and Jude, her brothers childhood best friend. Indira walks in on her boyfriend with another woman using her organic peanut butter. She decides that she’s had enough of this guy and goes to her brother’s house to stay. When she arrives at her brother's, she find Jude there, who seems less like himself. Jude is home for Indira’s brother Colin’s wedding. Jude has been working for the Global Health Organization around the globe providing emergency care in war torn countries. Jude is struggling to adjust to his everyday life. Due to Indira’s breakup with her boyfriend (her future brother in law's cousin and fellow wedding party member) and Jude’s growing anxiety, they agree to pretend date to support each other.  The story follows the progress on Jude and Indira’s friendship as well as improving ones mental health. Harper, Dan, Thu, Lizzie and Rake make various appearances in the book. I love how openly this book talks about mental health.

My favorite quotes:
“We don’t have to be perfect. I know I can fall apart with you. I can thrash and struggle and slog through my demons and your arms will always hold me. Let me be that for you.”

“Loving yourself isn’t a sin, Jude. Giving yourself love won’t diminish the love and caring you give to others. In fact, it’s one of the best things you can do for the people in your life.”
After A Brush with Love, Mazey Eddings has been a one-click for me.  She always packs a lot of heart and humor into her books, which I love. There's also mental health rep in every book which I think is extremely important and she handles very carefully. The MMC, Jude, has PTSD. He's a doctor who is on scholarship through a program with the Global Health Care Organization and has 13 months left of field work.

The FMC, Indira, is a psychiatrist who walks in on her boyfriend in a, shall we say, compromising position with another woman. She goes to live with her brother, who's about to get married, so at least she can help with that, but there are two BIG problems; 1. Her now ex is the cousin of the man marrying her brother, so she'll be forced to be around him and 2. Her childhood arch nemesis and brother's BFF, Jude, is also staying with her brother.

As much as they antagonize each other, they really compliment each other. Being around Indira actually helps Jude feel better and Jude, in turn, helps with Indira's ex-BF drama. There's A LOT of banter, which I love in an "enemies/rivals to lovers" romance and we even get an "only one bed" plot line and those are always fun.

I really loved this book, as I have the previous two. They were all 5 Star reads for me. I believe this series is done, but I can't wait to see what Mazey comes out with next.

Thank you to St. Martin's Press  and NetGalley. I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.
5 Stars
Thank you to Mazey Eddings, St. Martins Press, and Netgalley for chance to read The Plus One in exchange for my honest opinion.

What a fantastic book! This book is number 3 in the A Brush With Love series but my first time reading Mazey’s work. It is an RomCom. It covers fake dating, forced proximity, and enemies to lovers. I love that also has a mental health representation!

I can’t wait for this story to be available to everyone. I know it’s going to be the next big bookstagram hit!
This was my first book by this author and I will definitely be going back to read her  previous books! She was able to blend very heavy topics including trauma and comedy flawlwssless and without taking away from the seriousness of the issues. As someone with a very strong background in mental health, I was very impressed with how these issues were discussed. I enjoyed the characters stories, relationships and long history with one another. I will absolutely recommend this book!
Thank you to NetGalley for the opportunity to read an advanced copy in exchange for my honest thoughts.
4⭐️ I am so impressed with how this book handled some really tough topics. I really enjoyed Jude and Indira’s journey! Read this if you like: brothers best friend, a romance with some substance, and some spice! Thank you NetGalley for this arc in exchange for my honest review
Oh my gosh, I LOVED this book. I was a little hesitant during the first few chapters, but WOW, I'm so happy I picked this up. I know this is the third book of the series, but I read it as a standalone without any confusion.

Indira and Jude have known each other since they were kids. To Jude, Indira is his best friend's annoying little sister and they spent their entire childhood and adolescence competing, picking on, and avoiding each other. Now as adults, Indira is an optimistic, child psychiatrist, where Jude is more stoic, facing PTSD from his time as a trauma surgeon serving war-ridden areas. It wasn't until Indira catches her boyfriend cheating right before her brother's wedding that her and Jude agree to be each other's date. She doesn't have to go stag to an event where her cheating ex is an attendee, and Jude gets a distraction when the noise and crowd get to be too much.

The representation in this story was top-tier! I loved the dialogue surrounding trauma, PTSD, parental abandonment, the benefits of therapy, and men who acknowledge and break down their feelings.... *chef's kiss*.

I literally had 0 expectations going into this as it was my first Mazey Eddings book. To say I was pleasantly surprised would be a massive understatement! Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for access to this advanced copy!
The Plus One is just as good as all of Mazey’s other books, which if you know my content at all, are among my all-time favourites.

The Plus One is laugh-out-loud funny. Mazey Eddings truly writes a romcom, in a way that few authors are doing currently.

The Plus One deals with sensitive topics with a tremendous amount of care. This book somehow manages to be both genuinely funny and heartbreakingly sincere.

The Plus One captures exactly what I love about the Romance genre; the characters in this book are able to understand each other in a way that no one else has, and they are able to support and love each other through hard times while bringing out the joy and humour in their partner.

This book is a perfect example of why Romance is my favourite genre. I highly recommend reading the books in order, as this was the perfect ending to such a beloved series. 5/5 stars!
Although I didn't read the other two books in the A Brush with Love series, that didn't deter me from enjoying The Plus One! The story follows Indira and her brother's friend and childhood enemy, Jude, as they agreed to be each other's fake dates to her brother's upcoming wedding. The story has you rooting for the two of them from the start, while including layers of complex issues such as PTSD, family drama, and cheating. With all the fun and lighthearted moments that will make you laugh, the serious and emotional undertones might bring you to tears. Mazey Eddings did a great job balancing the many tropes woven into what normally would be a simple romance story. Thank you to NetGalley for my first ARC!
5 Stars I’m both amazed by how beautiful The Plus One by Mazey Eddings is and in deep denial that this series is over after this book. For a book with a cute cartoon cover, this one really packed an emotional punch. Dr. Indira Papadakis agrees to fake date her brother’s best friend and her childhood nemesis, Dr. Jude Bailey, for her brother’s upcoming nuptials. For the past three years, Jude has served as an emergency surgeon oversees in humanitarian crises, which has left him with PTSD that he’s not dealing with. Indira, a psychiatrist, sees the pain that Jude is suffering and helps him begin his journey to healing.

I loved the message that we are allowed to be broke and we are allowed to be repaired, as well as the message that love doesn’t fix us but it gives us the space to feel brave enough to heal. I teared up at the end with all of the friends together. I’m truly sad this series is over, but so glad that Mazey Eddings wrote these beautiful, wonderful stories about perfectly imperfect people.
Ohhhh my.
I loved this book so much !!!
I loved the characters with all heart. Jude and India are to unforgettable characters. They have been at each others throats since childhood. I liked how much they talked about mental health and normalizing therapy. The banter was top notch. A hilarious rom-com. Real page tuner. Such a perfect book to get me out of my little reading slump. Thank you thank you !!!!
“All he knew was that it shouldn’t be happening. It had to happen. He didn’t want it to end.”

“Jude knew he was both lost and found in the loveliness that was Indira Papadakis.”

Unforeseen circumstances have brought Indira under the same roof as childhood nemesis Dr. Jude Bailey as the group prepares for brother Collin’s impending nuptials through a never-ending series of pre-wedding festivities.

The Plus One is emotional, funny, sexy, and real and the storytelling is so enjoyable. The mental health representation is touching, powerful, and nuanced and I love that mutual investment in each other’s healing was such a significant element of Jude and Indira’s relationship.

Jude is my favorite character so far in the A Brush With Love universe! He is tenderhearted and vulnerable and I just want to hold him. It is so special to witness the way Indira brings out the light in him. The childhood enemies to lovers element balances the emotional punch with playfulness and fantastic banter.

- Childhood Enemies to Lovers
- Fake Dating
- Brother’s Best Friend
- Only One Tent and Other Forced Proximity Fun

CW: cheating (ex/on page), parental abandonment, PTSD, panic attacks, medical provider trauma
Another great book from Mazey Eddings! 5 stars!

Indira's brother is getting married and after a crazy break-up involving peanut butter, she needs somewhere to crash. She ends up at her brother's place and when she arrives, she isn't expecting her lifelong fremeny to answer the door. Jude, her brother's best friend, is home for the wedding after 3 years of working in less than ideal conditions as a doctor. Evidently, he is staying there too.

Brother's Best Friend, forced proximity, and of course they both need a plus one for the wedding, so they agree to fake date. Indira, being a mental health professional, begins to notice something may be wrong with Jude.

The "fake" relationship that Jude and Indira embark on, leaves them feeling more raw and real than either of them expected.

This book is so well written in dealing with the topic of mental health. It is my favorite book in the Brush With Love series by Mazey Eddings. I couldn't help but root for these two characters and I guarantee you will feel the same way. Don't miss out on this book!

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for the eArc in exchange for my honest review.
“I’m yours whether you’re here or somewhere across the globe.”

Indira and Jude. From childhood nemesis to fake dating to real dating. These two broken souls connected and fell in love, while dealing with lots of personal things. This is probably the most raw, emotional and beautifully written book that Mazey has written so far. There were lots of cute and spicy moments, but I love how majority of the story was focused on the importance of mental health. I also love that Harper, Lizzie and Thu (and their significant others) made appearances in the book!

🌸READ IF YOU LIKE🌸:
- dual POV
- fake wedding date
- childhood enemies to lovers
- only one tent
- grumpy x sunshine
- forced proximity
- camping & wedding festivities
- older brother’s best friend
- love language: roasting each other
- opposites attract
- mental health & LGBTQ+ rep

cw: ptsd, parental abandonment, divorced parents, cheating (past partner), strained family dynamics, panic attacks, medical care provider trauma, mentions of death, guilt

Thank you to @netgalley and @smpromance for the advanced copy! The Plus One is available on April 4, 2023!
Eddings does it again. I have been honored to read each of her books. Indira and Jude however hold such a special place in my soul now. Their love story and intertwined with their mental health journeys was so beautifully written. Jude struggling with serving in the medical field or walking away to save himself after years of built up traumas you find yourself as a reader wanting to find him, hug him and beg him to choose himself. Indira struggling still from childhood traumas is so relatable. I too wanted to find her hug her and beg her to see your own worth. Then their love story is so sweet and perfectly timed. They never knew as children growing up how much one day they’d save each other. I cannot thank Eddings enough for being mental health awareness through her novels. This is her third novel and she out does herself every time. Thank you for this novel and everyone please go buy a copy and embrace Indira and Jude, they will change your life.
**Readers must be sure to check out the trigger warnings at the beginning of the book before reading**

Although nothing particular was triggering or overly-emotional for me, I found Eddings' latest book to be quite dark. Over 1/3 of the way into the book I don't think a single good thing had happened to either of the characters. Reading a story in the headspace of two people who are deeply unhappy can be a bit dark at times, just as this book was. I think Eddings handles difficult-to-write-about topics with grace, but I wish there was some more lightness and/or happiness in the story. I understand the characters are going through difficult times at the start of the novel, but it seems unlikely either of them will be able to get to their happy ending. Honestly, this was a bit of a difficult read for me, and I think readers should be in the right headspace before picking it up. I appreciate the mental health and therapy representations, but in a romance book I think readers expect at least a glimmer of hope. Of note, I will continue to read books by Eddings, because I did not find her previous books (I've read them all) to be this dark. I think perhaps the storyline was just a bit too heavy for me.

Thanks to the publisher for giving me an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.
I LOVED this book. It was literally laugh out loud funny. I read parts to my husband laughing just as hard reading it a second time. The characters are relatable and their journey through mental health issues felt real and gave them depth and showed the growth that I ate up.

Enemies to lovers, brother's best friend, fake dating was perfection.

If you want a quick, fun, with a bit of spice romance to read, this is it!
Thank you to NetGalley, the publisher, and author for allowing me to read this book for free for a honest review. I didn’t particularly enjoy this book, though I didn’t finish all of it. It promotes the gay agenda along with language and sexual content I’m not fond of.