Cover Image: Elliot Jelly-Legs and the Bobblehead Miracle

Elliot Jelly-Legs and the Bobblehead Miracle

This book felt a little slow to me, but that may be because I'm not a huge hockey fan. For those kids who are, this will be a fun read as it takes you  onto the ice and shows what a hockey team looks like. The child-parent relationships felt unnatural to me in some ways.
This book was absolutely delightful. I love the way Elliott's anxiety and jealousies are handled -- sensitively and respectfully. Plus, any book about hockey is one I want to read!
What a fun read about hockey, friendship, magic wishes, and believing in yourself. Elliot, nicknamed Jelly-Legs because he can’t stand up straight on the ice, hopes he can fit in when he’s asked to be the goalie. One day he asks his hockey bobblehead to give him a win or a tie. When it happens, he wonders was it luck or did the bobble head really grant his wish? When Elliot asks for a shutout, it happens. When his team keeps getting shutouts, Elliot feels like a fraud. He feels he’s not as good as everyone thinks. He throws the bobblehead away. Does his luck run  out?
This was a cute sports middle grade story about a boy who has to become a goalie, because no one else is available, and finds, although he isn’t good at hockey in general, he is *really* good at being a goalie , but thinks it's because he made a wish on a bobble head that he owned of Carey Price.

Good story about building confidence, and about the love game.

<em>Thanks to Netgalley for making this book available for an honest review.</em>