A Touch of Texas Irish

Pub Date 08 Mar 2017 | Archive Date 15 Dec 2022

Heiress Aileen Lynch has just lost her mother to cancer, but her spendthrift stepfather insists she must cancel his gambling debts by marrying his disreputable associate. Fleeing Ireland with the help of her mother’s lawyer, she lands in Boston to stay with friends and is attracted to one of their visitors.

Doctor Samuel Walker is in town to attend a medical conference. When he meets the lovely young Irishwoman he is quite taken with her and, at his colleague's entreaty, marries her and takes her home to Texas with him to keep her safe. Sam rationalizes that he doesn’t need a wife but he does need a mother for his son.

While Aileen strives to earn Sam’s affection, he vows never to risk Aileen’s safety or his heart—he’ll not father a child and watch Aileen die in childbirth as his first wife did. And falling in love is not in his plans.

EDITION Ebook
ISBN 9781509211937

Links

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

Average rating from 1 member

Not set

Takes place in 1890. After losing her mother to cancer,18 year old Heiress Aileen Lynch is devastated to learn her spendthrift step-father expects her to marry his disreputable associate to cancel his gambling debt. With the help of her mother's lawyer she flees Mitchelstown,County Cork,Ireland and lands in Boston to stay with friends. There is a mutual attraction between her and visitor,Doctor Samuel Walker who is attending a medical conference. Dr Walker is quite attracted to the young Miss Lynch but is scared to take a new wife because his wife died in childbirth. As a doctor he feels like he should have been able to prevent this. He does want a mother for his son though and a warm woman in his bed isn't a bad idea in his mind either. He takes her home to Texas after he marries her. She badly wants a child with him. He is a broken man over his past wife's death . Will he risk his heart and have a child with her? Will her love heal his heart? I enjoyed this book a lot and with it's beautiful Irish looking cover and Irish references in the book it's perfect for it's March 8th release.I have not read this author before but will be looking for more of Linda LaRoque's books.
Release date March 8,2017.
Thank you to Netgalley and The Wild Rose Press, Inc for a review copy for my honest opinion.
Cnnamongirl@aol.com

Not set

This was a sweet book. Like the romances I used to read many years ago. Nowadays, I like my romances a little more spicy, but this was a good one.
For the smut seekers, this has none. There is no sex on page in this book, but that didn't prevent me from enjoying this nice and easy romantic story between Aileen and Sam.
Circumstances kind of force the relationship between them but I loved how they both committed and communicated with each other to get their happy ending.
There is no drama in their relationship. The little drama there is in the story is external to them.
An enjoyable, smut-free, read.