The Living Mountain
A Fable of Our Times
by Amitav Ghosh
You must sign in to see if this title is available for request. Sign In or Register Now
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 25 Apr 2022 | Archive Date Not set
HarperCollins Publishers India, 4th estate
A new story from internationally renowned author Amitav Ghosh, The Living Mountain is a cautionary tale of how we have systematically exploited nature, leading to an environmental collapse.
Recounted as a dream, this is a fable about Mahaparbat, the Living Mountain; the indigenous valley dwellers who live and prosper in its shelter; the assault on the mountain for commercial benefit by the Anthropoi, humans whose sole aim is to reap the bounty of nature; and the disaster that unfolds as a result.
The Living Mountain is especially relevant today when we have been battling a pandemic and are facing a climate catastrophe: both of which are products of our insufficient understanding of mankind’s relationship with nature, and our sustained appropriation and abuse of natural resources. This is a book of our times, for our times, and it will resonate strongly with readers of all ages.
• The first book to ever publish from 4th estate simultaneously in Hindi, English and Audio
• The Living Mountain is a cautionary tale of how we have systematically exploited nature, leading to an environmental collapse.
• This is a book of our times, for our times, and it will resonate strongly with readers of all ages.
• A modern fable from an internationally renowned writer on climate change and environment
• A book written during the pandemic, on how mankind has interfered with nature, which in turn has rebounded on us with disastrous consequences