by Keiran Goddard
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 14 Feb 2023 | Archive Date 16 Feb 2023
A FEBRUARY 2023 INDIE NEXT PICK
LONGLISTED FOR THE 2022 DESMOND ELLIOTT PRIZE
A short, lyrical debut novel about love, loss, work, time, and the unquenchable desire for connection with others—for fans of Jenny Offill, Mieko Kawakami, David Szalay and Sheila Heti
The second time you came, we went from bar to bar to bar. It made the city feel smaller. Like a map we were folding to the size of a stamp. We were good at that. We could have fit an entire universe inside a matchbox.
Exquisitely crafted, richly imagined, and as funny as it is moving, Hourglass is an unusual and uniquely told love story. Turning time upside down, it combs the wreckage of personal heartbreak for something universal and asks what it means to lose what you love.
“This book is such a sneaky head f*ck—an epic poem in an ancient style about the brutalities of modern love, a masculine interrogation of feminine heartbreak, a really beautiful way to spend an evening”—Lena Dunham
A Note From the Publisher
- For readers of Jenny Offill, Max Porter, Maggie Nelson, Ocean Vuong, Douglas Stuart
KEY SELLING POINTS
- Author has many well known admirers among U.S. writers and celebrities
- Longlisted for the Desmond Elliott Prize 2022
- A moving, gripping exploration of heartbreak, relationships, and love in the 21st century
- The debut novel from an exciting new voice
“Hourglass glows in the heart of the reader.”—Max Porter
“Evocative, ecstatic and saturated with off-kilter wit.”—Alexandra Kleeman
“Hourglass will stay with me for a long time. Hypnotic.”—Lemn Sissay
“If ever a book could be read as a pilgrimage to discover what the heart finds sacred, this is it.”―Irish Times
“A book for anyone who ever has been or ever will be heartbroken.”—Hollie McNish
“A stunning reimagining of the love story...every word shines new and true.”—Sophie Mackintosh, author of The Water Cure
Marketing & Publicity
- E-galleys available on Edelweiss, NetGalley, direct delivery;
- National and regional Media campaign
- Consumer advertising campaign
- Online promotion and social media outreach
- Librarian and educator outreach