Grow Great Vegetables Ohio

Pub Date 04 Apr 2023 | Archive Date 04 Apr 2023

Talking about this book? Use #GrowGreatVegetables #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Get the inside dirt, Ohio!

The ultimate guide to growing food in the Buckeye State! This must-have guide to growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs provides you with insider advice on climate zones, average frost dates, and growing season details. Information includes details on sun, soil, fertilizer, mulch, water, and the best varieties for your region. A garden planning section helps with design and crop rotation, and monthly lists explain what to do from January through December. In-depth profiles of the state’s best edibles help ensure a can’t-miss harvest.
Get the inside dirt, Ohio!

Beginning gardeners and even some long-time gardeners will find useful tips here for growing a healthy garden and maintaining it through the seasons. While this book features Ohio, a state with a long history of agriculture and an abundant diversity of crops, the series includes many other books tailored to individual states.

The book begins with information on understanding climate and microclimates, basics for gardening, and suggestions for garden planning before launching into a month-by-month look at your garden. Each month includes to-do lists for planning, preparing/maintaining, planting, and harvesting, as well as a more detailed information on topics ranging from seed starting to seed saving, from extending the growing season with a small hoop house to nurturing the soil with compost, mulch, and cover crops. The book also includes very useful planting/harvesting charts along with 1-2 page profiles of plants from Arugula to Zucchini. The resource section gives information on seed companies and web sites along with places for other garden supplies.

Overall, this book provides a handy quick reference guide that will meet the needs of most home gardeners, especially those just starting out.

Thank you, Timber Press and NetGalley, for providing an eARC of this book. Opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Well this was interesting! As a gardener in Ohio I wondered what I could learn from a book like this and there’s plenty packed in here I didn’t know!

Believe me, some of the plants in here I never even thought about growing on my own and I might have to start - I mean GARLIC fresh from the garden?! Yes. Please. This book also includes resources for additional reading, amazing photos, reputable seed companies, monthly checklists and so much more! The amount that I learned was honestly shocking to me and I can’t wait to implement what I’ve learned!

Thanks NetGalley for the ebook!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️