Love, Nature, Magic

Shamanic Journeys into the Heart of My Garden

Pub Date 23 Feb 2023 | Archive Date 22 Jan 2023

Talking about this book? Use #LoveNatureMagic #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Join bestselling author, activist, and garden expert Maria Rodale on her shamanic journeys as she reflects on her surprising conversations with the spirits of the familiar plants and animals around us—and the knowledge they share with us.

In Love, Nature, Magic, organic advocate and former CEO of a global health and wellness company Maria Rodale combines her love of nature and gardening with her experience in shamanic journeying, embarking on an epic adventure to learn from plants, animals, and insects—including some of the most misunderstood beings in nature. Maria asks them their purpose and listens as they show and declare what they want us humans to know. From Thistles to Snakes, Poison Ivy to Mosquitoes, these nature beings convey messages that are relevant to every human, showing us how to live in balance and harmony on this Earth.

Through journeys filled with surprises, humor, and foibles, follow Maria’s evolution from being annoyed with to accepting—and even falling in love with—our most difficult neighbors (including human ones). Along the way, she tells her own story of how she learned about shamanic journeying and its near-universal manifestation in traditional cultures worldwide. She describes what her experiences of shamanic journeying are like—simply, honestly, and with a touch of irreverence.

Maria’s journeys include conversations with: Mugwort • Vulture • Bat • Rabbit • Lanternfly • Lightning Bug • Osage Orange • Deer • Paper Wasp • Dandelion • Tick • Groundhog • Milkweed • And more!

Throughout, Rodale shares an essential truth that resonates across her shamanic explorations: We first must heal our own hearts, for only then can we truly love others and begin to heal planet Earth.

A Note From the Publisher

"I want to learn how everyone can engage with nature in a way that is collaborative rather than combative. I want to know how working with nature can teach us to be better humans."—Maria Rodale in Love, Nature, Magic

Advance Praise

"Eat, Pray, Love meets Dr. Dolittle"—Danny Seo, Editor in Chief of Naturally, Danny Seo

"When someone as grounded as Maria Rodale shares how the intelligence of plants, insects, and animals surpass what we have come to believe, we should listen."-Paul Hawken

Marketing Plan