Dwell

90 Days at Home with God

Pub Date 02 May 2023 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #Dwell #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Find God right in your own home with this 90-day devotional. Sandra Byrd shares biblical insights and reveals God's guiding hand in every detail of your day-to-day life. Enjoy a devotional that’s filled with wisdom and looks gorgeous on a coffee table.

Send to Kindle (PDF)

The daily readings are short and encouraging. It provides a sweet reminder that the Lord is near and would be a great gift for anyone.

You will find the word “dwell” in scripture in many places and in this new beautiful book, book by Sandra Byrd – Dwell: 90 Days at Home with God, is about dwelling with the Lord. The book starts of with a beautiful description of the word, and what it may mean to us. “No matter where the Lord Plants us in the world, He wants us to settle in and make a home. (Jeremiah 29:5). God make it clear from the start that He desires to be intimate with us wherever we dwell.”

This is a 90 day devotional, they are short and encouraging reads. You will find lessons from everyday living through the chores we do, nature, gardening, and time with family or friends in our home. So it is very relatable. The author has a wonderful way with tying everyday things with lessons we can learn from God through them.

“The body of Christ is both orderly and planned and a crazy quilt of unexpected joys and blossoms. There’s a particulate pleasure in watching both gardens realize their beauty, so keep planting.”

I read the ebook version, but this would be better in a hard copy, for the images and setting it out to read or for a guest to pick up while visiting.

This is the first book I have read by Sandra Byrd, and I found you she has many other books that interest me.

This is a beautiful collection of devotionals to invite God into the details of our lives. It is one I will return to again and again. Many thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for the advanced copy of the book.

Since I’ve read Sandra Byrd’s devotional, Experiencing God’s Love, I knew I had to read her newest release, Dwell: 90 Days at Home with God. She did not disappoint.

The way she weaves day-to-day life, that we all experience, into her devotionals is encouraging and uplifting. She blends humor, heartache, and hope with the comfort of scripture. Sandra Byrd is a very engaging writer and her brief devotionals will draw you closer to God—something we need every day.

Note: I received a copy from the publisher via NetGalley.

Thank you NetGalley, the publisher, and the author for this wonderful ARC.

When I first picked up this book, I knew it was something special. I am a Pagan — not a Christian — so why was I drawn to reading a devotional of all things?
The answer is that there is a seed of truth to be found. It shares a love of God that is transformative, one that teaches vulnerability before the divine. I have been going through a crisis of faith with my own Lord, relearning what it means to worship and to forgive myself for the mistakes I've made. Dwell has helped me move on in a way I didn't know was possible.

The author shares a loving form of Christianity that is not preoccupied with strict rules or fire and brimstone. Even when she condemns other faiths, including my own. It stems from fear and a lack of understanding, not hatred. She represents her own faith in a way that is genuine, with kindness and compassion. She shows that it is not only acceptable, but beautiful to be a human — flaws and all. The writings within describe a Christian experience I have never known.

I wish my wife could have read this when she was young. She's an ex-Catholic, a woman who is devout and sweet beyond words. Organized religion only taught her fear, and it wasn't until she left the church that she could feel free. Dwell is not a book about religious trauma, but I believe it would be beneficial for anyone who has experienced this trauma and feels comfortable exploring their past in a new light.

For those who are seeking a new perspective on faith, consider reading this book. Wisdom comes from unexpected places, as does love. Dwell encourages you to find that love and where it exists in your life. Of everything on Earth, being loved is the most beautiful thing of all. May this move your spirit as it did mine. Blessed be.

This was different that I expected… the cover is beautiful and simple and drew me in. The prose it contained however was just not my cup of tea. There were good things, but it felt like listening to a neighbor share their experience and I was expecting something more.

Thank you to NetGalley for an opportunity to read and review this book.

I really enjoyed this devotional. The messages were very simple, but caused me to think about my own walk with God. Each day took less than two minutes to read, so not a big time commitment for anyone.
I give it four stars.
I received a copy of this book by the publisher. I was not required to leave a positive review. All opinions about this book are mine alone.

A lovely devotional book, which I plan to reread! Very practical and relatable. I thoroughly enjoyed it!!
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the advance e-copy of this book. The opinions expressed are entirely my own.

We've recently spent a long time on the road - visiting family and then moving to a hotel during some significant renovations on our house. In a season of being out of the house, which is hard for a homebody, it was a nice anchoring reminder that even the every day - wrangling my child, picking up dirty socks, closing up that hotel sofa bed for the day, commuting, can be places of reverence.

I highly recommend reading the hard copy as I read the e-book and missed out on the lovely graphic design.

Sandra Byrd's devotional book entitled Dwell: 90 Days At Home With God feels like a comfortable chat with a wise friend over a cozy cup of tea. Sandra's writing is clear, relatable, and filled with spiritual insight and wisdom. I loved how the everyday experiences were connected to spiritual truths. Each day's reading can be done in 5-10 minutes, but they will stay with you much longer. Sandra shows how much there is to learn from God's creation and His word. I recommend this beautiful book to anyone who wishes to grow closer to God.

Dwell by author Sandra Byrd is a lovely devotional. The messages are easy to read and understand. The entire book was like a heartfelt conversation with a friend that leaves one inspired to be better. I enjoyed reading and pondering the offerings. This would make a nice gift.
I recommend it for anyone. It gets a 4 star rating from me. A copy was provided by NetGalley but these are my own words.

Sandra Byrd,the author of Dwell, is attuned to nature and to circumstances in a way that is totally different to me. Like the parables of Jesus, she can take the ordinary happenings of life, and weave a biblical reminder of truth for us, encouraging us in our Christian lives.

Ninety devotionals seems an appropriate length for such a book. It is easily one that can then be referred to throughout the year. I can imagine with repetitive reading, I would have continuing favorites, depending on my life situation at the time.

I’m not finished reading each devotional, but feel moved to comment on :On Display. It’s a simple story about friendship, empathy, about generous giving and about encouraging one another. I’m sitting here in my favorite armchair, commentaries and Christian books within easy reach, committing this day to my Lord and Saviour. This is the goal of each of these devotions, to draw us ever nearer to the Christ who loves us.

Dwell. I guess it gets at the root of what we want to do. If the book were to be called, Living Life with Jesus, I think it would get at the heart of the imagination of the reader, and fulfill the aims of the author. At heart, this is what Byrd’s book inspires me to do. It also inspires me to assess and reassess the gifting I have been given by God, and prompts me to look for opportunities where I may be useful in serving others.

Thank you, Sandra, for helping us to see Jesus in the everyday moments of your life; and consequently, in our own.

I love the cover and title of this book and it is full of simple devotions. I would recommend this book for christian women, particular for those looking for something light. Thank you to NetGalley for this ARC.

Dwell: 90 Days at Home with God provides a relaxing narrative format infused with gardening and home tidbits and sprinkled with scripture. Each day gives the reader an encouraging few minutes of reverie to ponder what it means to dwell and as the author states, a hope that these pages “will lead you to a place where no matter where you dwell, you always feel at home with God.”

With analogies of “home”, each devotion is packed with what the Word can teach us through every day observations in and around our dwelling place. Scripture references are included within the body of each devotion with a summary scripture at the close.

I received this book from the author/publisher free of charge, with no expectation of a positive review.

This book is sweet and I really like how the author incorporates things from home into her devotional. It was nice to read one each day in the middle of my day. However, I feel they really lacked good meaty theology. The book is fitting for a midday devotional, but is not enough for once a day reading without adding the Bible in or a heavier devotional. It is definitely more supplemental, but a sweet supplement for moms in the middle of their day.

Sandra Byrd has such a warm, comforting voice. Dwell is a group of ninety devotions meant to help us stop and dwell with the Lord. Many of the devotions relate to nature and I think it’s great for a spring and summer season to think about all the Lord has provided.