Rebel Without a Claus

Pub Date 01 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 30 Nov 2022

Talking about this book? Use #RebelWithoutaClaus #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Christmas elf Tinklebelle Holly is a screwup. Demoted to a job in the reindeer division after one infraction too many, she hates her job, hates her life, and despises the North Pole.

But when a surprise visitor arrives from Elven High Council, and Tink is assigned to show him around, everything changes. Jax Grayson is a dark elf, and unlike anyone she’s ever met. Looking past his obvious hotness, Tink knows he has a secret, and the audit he’s supposedly performing doesn’t feel legit.

After an unexpected tragedy occurs, Tink’s life is thrown into even greater turmoil, and it seems like Jax might be the only one Tink can truly trust. Can she help him figure out what’s happening on the North Pole, or will Jax be her worst mistake of all?

But when a...

EDITION Ebook
ISBN B09DQ8FGR9000
PAGES 330

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

This was such a fun mystery novel, it was a unique take of a mystery novel and I really enjoyed the idea of it. Abigail Drake has a great writing style and I enjoyed how she wrote this plot going on. The characters worked and I'm glad I read this.

"Yes. I’ve had enough betrayals and disappointments in my life. At least let me enjoy this one time my judgment was correct, okay? It doesn’t happen often, so I want to revel in it.”

What a delightful fun read! A Christmas elf who has a knack for screwing up. Haven't we all been in her shoes? Hating our job, our life and where we a.re! Sometimes help comes from the least likely places or people. The characters are fun. The story is unique and well developed. Grab a cup of cocoa and settle in. Thanks #netgalley and #BacklitPR for the eARC in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are mine.

I would like to thank Netgalley and the publisher for a copy of this book. I really enjoyed this book. It is the perfect holiday cozy mystery. Great character development and humor as well. I found myself laughing out loud several times. The author has a wonderful imagination and I look forward to reading more of her books. I highly recommend this book. If you love cozy mysteries, especially Christmas cozies with humor, then you must read this book. Excellent!

This was a rollicking bit of fun. I laughed, then I groaned, then I laughed some more. The world building is amazing. And the characters are wonderful. Tink is the perfect foil for the tight-laced Jax. And she for him. The story takes place in the North Pole and everything Christmas, which Jax doesn’t understand since he’s a “dark” elf and they don’t do things like Christmas elves. All is definitely not well at the North Pole as Tink’s good friend is murdered, and someone tries to kill her as well. Jax and Tink investigate the problems and uncover some things that have been hidden way too long. Not everything is candy canes and hot chocolate good at the North Pole. There were a couple threads left dangling so we know (hope?) we’ll be seeing more of this pair.

This story was a bright spot in my day (and maybe I needed this laugh more than I knew). It was fun, imaginative, and had a satisfying ending.

Definitely recommended.

Disclaimer: Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing this ARC. I received a final and/or advanced reader copy of this book with the hope that I will leave my unbiased opinion. I was not required to leave a review, positive or otherwise, and my opinions are just that… My Opinions. I am posting this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Christmas Elf Tinkerbelle Holly has been fired from every job that she has had. She is promised a new job if she shows Dark Elf Jax around the North Pole. He is supposed to be there for an audit but he is really trying to uncover a drug ring. Tinkerbelle joins up with him to try and solve the case. Good murder mystery.

What a hidden gem of a book this was i can not say enough good things about this book I've already downloaded the other book in the series and I sincerely hope the author writes a ton more books about Tink Holly!!!! It was such a funny book at one point i was laughing so hard I had tears streaming down my face! The all around idea of this book and the authors imagination and writing skills were suberb!!! I will definitely and already have been recommending this book to everybody I know!!!! Loved it!!!!

Much thanks to #netgalley and #BackLitPr for allowing me to read and review this ARC
All thoughts and opinions are my own