Thirteen Past Midnight

A Friday The 13th story

Pub Date 13 May 2022 | Archive Date 30 Nov 2022

Talking about this book? Use #ThirteenPastMidnight #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Can dreams foretell the future? Every night Jonathon returns to the same nightmare…where a cat that seems spawned from hell is always waiting for him. The dreams began at the stroke of midnight, but the following dreams happen one minute later than the night before.

A sense of dread looms over him as the clock ticks ever closer to 13 past midnight. Will he realize they’re nothing more than frightening dreams…or will he die in his sleep?

EDITION Mass Market Paperback
ISBN 000B09WRTW466
PAGES 69

Links

Send to Kindle (PDF)

Thirteen Past Midnight is an interesting, multi-faceted view of the mystery behind dreams, from the point of view of a young architect who suddenly begins having a terrifying recurring dream involving a gray cat. In an attempt to be rid of the dreams he explores astral travel, lucid dreaming and even the occult. Do our dreams bring us messages and warnings that, during our waking hours, we’re too distracted to receive? I believe so.
One may find this short story repetitive, but that’s hard to avoid when you’re writing about a recurring dream. Give it a chance though. The dream takes various turns each night, and you get a terrific payoff with the ending. I recommend this read for it’s many ingredients: nightmares, whimsy, creepiness, a chuckle here and there, an evil gray tabby and even a cowboy! Tuck yourself in for a strange bedtime story. #netgalley ThirteenPastMidnight

What a wonderfully written short story! I often find short stories are I’ll developed and while this one was a tad choppy at times it worked well. It was the perfect read for a busy morning as I finished and still felt accomplished. Yes it lacked a lot of depth but that’s to be expected with it being so short. I’d definitely pick up a longer novel by this author in the future