Ticket to Paradise

Pub Date 31 Oct 2022 | Archive Date 30 Nov 2022

Talking about this book? Use #TickettoParadise #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

In Montecito, California, a series of natural disasters culminates in a massive mudslide and untold numbers of missing and dead. Angela Garcia, found buried in the mud, is considered one of the casualties, until an autopsy determines she died from a gunshot wound.

Detectives Ron Jackson and Mary Ann McDonald can find no motive for anyone to murder the respected child services caseworker—until they discover that eight children, all last seen in the custody of Angela, have vanished without a trace.

Tensions mount as each new piece of evidence leads them nowhere. Suspects in the case end up dead. A powerful politician questions the detectives’ competence. The police chief, up for re-election, demands the case be solved—or else.

To save their careers and solve the case, Jackson and McDonald race to find Angela’s drug dealing brother, the only one who might have the answers.

EDITION Ebook
PAGES 274

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

Thank you to NetGalley for providing this book for me to read in exchange for an honest review.

5 stars

This book had me on the edge of my seat the entire time! There were so many plot twists that I could not predict! I'm a sucker for a good crime novel and I would absolutely recommend this book to friends! The ending had me a bit frustrated when things went unsolved, but sometimes good novels don't have such a happy ending!

I highly disturbing read. Masterfully written crime story that was so full of suspense even though the subject matter at times was heart wrenching. I needed to keep reading to find out what happened next. Hoping for just a bit of justice. The characters were either easy to love or hate, no in between. Michael Preston can sure keep you captivated and I can’t wait to read more.