Beyond the Secret

Pub Date 30 Nov 2022 | Archive Date 25 Dec 2022

Talking about this book? Use #BeyondtheSecret #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

EDITION Ebook
ISBN 9781915492999
PAGES 266

Send to Kindle (PDF)

Beyond the Secret by L J Walls.
An elderly widow is found dead in her cottage, on the West Coast of Ireland. The death should have been unremarkable, but the events that unfold in the days following, change her granddaughter's life forever. Preparing for the funeral Lucy White stumbles across a secret she was never supposed to unearth. She was born into the top echelons of a New York crime family. In 1984 her mother testified against the mob and entered a witness protection program. Lucy's ordinary life is suddenly turned on its axis. Her crusade to find the family she never knew about gets her trapped in the New York criminal underworld until the FBI, deploy for a second time the resources of WITSEC and extract her from the mob's grip, back to a life of safety and anonymity, like her mother decades earlier.
Very good read. I did like Lucy. 4*.

A really enjoyable read that was fast paced, unpredictable and twisty. I was gripped the whole way through

A good reminder that we never known anyone’s secrets, no matter how close we think we are! Lucy is a terrific protagonist and I enjoyed uncovering her family’s past with her.

My thanks to the Author publisher's and NetGalley for providing me with a Kindle version of this book to read and honestly review.
A well written character driven story about long forgotten family secrets, and with good reason. Engaging and interesting from first to last page, with some quite surprising tense violent scenes out of character with rest of the book. I have to say our heroine went down in my estimation as the book went on.
Recommended.