One Little Lie

Pub Date 09 Jan 2023 | Archive Date 31 Jan 2023

Talking about this book? Use #OneLittleLie #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

What if you discovered the man you trusted above all others has a secret life? Attorney JD Ellis’ world begins an inward spiral when her fiance Derrick is arrested for murder and his secret life as a BDSM Master is revealed. Building his defense seems insurmountable with every lie and secret she uncovers.

When offered an invitation to the annual BDSM masquerade gala, JD's curiosity gets the best of her. The encounter leaves her with an unforgettable night, a sore backside, a business card with an email address, and more confusion. With Derrick’s life exposed and hers in shambles, can she stay the course to see justice is done?

EDITION Ebook
PAGES 198

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

First I just need to say… Goddamn! This book really starts out with a bang! After reading the prologue I was intrigued but chapter one had me hooked! Derrick is a real piece of work for hiding such a big secret from his fiancé. This plot had me so upset for JD and wanting to knock Derrick straight on his ass until I got to chapter 7… oh my that chapter was SPICY!
The final chapter…OH MY LORD! What a fricken twist! I gasped so loudly my mother now wants to read this.

I usually prefer when books are written in first person rather than in third person, but it was done so well that I actually enjoyed it.
It was a super quick read and I wish it was a bit longer, but I can’t wait to read more from this author!

Thank you Wild Rose Press Inc and NetGalley for sharing another great book before being published!

Rating: 3.75/5 ⭐️(rounded up to 4)

Publication Date: January 9th 2023

Author: EJ Towler

Review: What a world of a book! From the start I was hooked then I felt it got a little slow for me in the middle I wanted more 🌶️ between JD and Johnathan I felt it lacked a little in that department. I also wish it has just a little more about the trial I kind of felt in the dark about it … coming to the end I had a pretty good idea what the outcome was going to be … the book pretty much set you up to figure it out.. but I did enjoy that the three best friends didn’t have much to do with it they were just as in the dark as Derrick was. All around really enjoyable and a fast read short chapters keeps your attention.
This was my first book by EJ Towler so I’m excited to dive into more books by them.

I needed a smutty read for my bingo board, and this one seemed like a thrilling read. Smut and a thriller – yes please!

What would you do if the man you loved was harboring a secret? JD is an attorney, and her world begins to spiral when her fiancé is arrested for murder and his secret life is exposed. When JD is offered an invitation to a BDSM masquerade gala, her curiosity gets the best of her and she learns something she will never forget…

I really enjoyed this book, but it didn’t fully deliver for me. This book really needed some more words to be fully flushed out – it was too choppy and had 198 pages there was room for more. I also expected more smut in this book, it was a BDSM novel sold as erotica, but even that lacked. I think there was one sex scene, and the rest was inuendo. The bones of this story was really interesting and fascinating though. I especially loved the big twist at the end, even if it was predictable. Sometimes twists are fun even if you see them coming and that was the case here.

Check this book out today! Thank you to The Wild Rose Press, Inc, Backlit PR, and @netgalley for a copy of this e-ARC in exchange for this honest review.

One Little Lie
by EJ Towler

Well now, this was a wicked smutty book. But, the description did warn us. It was as if I was looking over my shoulder as I read. lol. Good book, And never mind the kind, the story in the third person was good as the storyline.

This was such a good read! Thank you NetGalley for this arc! I was captivated by this story from the very beginning. I was pretty shocked by the ending as well. The spice was fun to read. I would definitely recommend this book to others.

Jennifer Dianne Ellis more commonly known as JD is a woman that at the age of sixteen ran away from home and her dysfunctional parents who had some very unsavory plans for her. She has come a long way from the days of living in a shelter. Now she is a very successful defense attorney who many behind her back call a stone cold because she is so good. She is also about to marry the man of her dreams who has introduced her to the life of money. JD's world turns upside down when she receives a phone call from her boyfriend Derrick that he thinks he is about to be arrested for murder. The story takes a hard turn a little less than halfway through and this adds some spice to this story. As I was getting closer to the end of this book, I am thinking I wish the author would spend more time developing the story around Derrick and his potential crime but then the author throws in a surprise ending that cleans it all up. This is a good read that is a little on the short side, but a good read gives it a look.

WOWZA! Thank you NetGalley and Blacklit PR for this arc.

After a semi reading slump, I am so happy to have had the opportunity to read this book. It was short, and I normally don’t enjoy short stories as they feel rushed and character development lacks. HOWEVER. This book had me hooked from the first page and I finished it in one sitting.

My heart broke for JD as the light was shed on Derrick’s crimes. What an awful thing for her to go through.. But, her relationship with Jonathan, Mitch and Benjamin was beautiful. And the surprise ending was phenomenal. All in all, I absolutely loved this story and can not wait to read more from this author.

This book had so much promise! It started out absolutely amazing, pulling you right in. But then it just started to fall flat. It's listed as erotica, and while the bases of the book is around the murder of a women participating in BDSM, and talks of the BDSM lifestyle, there really wasn't any scenes worth labeling as 'erotica'.
The writing is fabulous and while it could have been shorter, it held me in until the end and kept me guessing.

The premise of the book is incredible - it starts with a murder, and quickly reveals secrets about the MC's husband that she was completely oblivious to (and who doesn't love drama). His involvement in the BDSM community was something she'd never dreamed of, let alone exploring this world on her own. While he's awaiting trial, she gets a taste and can't seem to shake it, and return to her vanilla life.
I did find the classification of erotica to be a bit of a stretch - there is a lot of build up but really only one relatively steamy chapter throughout the book. I would have loved to have a more in depth look at the trial but the ending definitely provided redemption! A nice twist to finish things off.
Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for my honest opinion.