Leading through Disruption
A Changemaker’s Guide to Twenty-First Century Leadership
by Andrew Liveris
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add email@example.com as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 11 Jul 2023 | Archive Date Not set
“Andrew Liveris takes us on a masterclass in collaborative, forward-looking leadership."
— Richard Branson, Founder, The Virgin Group
In Leading Through Disruption, Andrew Liveris provides a new leadership paradigm for resilience and agility in a rapidly changing world. This book is a must-read guide for leaders in various sectors, who are keen on not only ensuring current success, but protecting the planet’s future for everyone. Liveris, who was recently chosen to lead the Brisbane 2032 Olympic Organizing Committee and is former Chairman and CEO of The Dow Chemical Company, presents a variety of powerful tools that will enable you to tackle any problem quickly and responsively, with an eye to creating a more equitable, sustainable future.
In these pages, you will learn how to:
- Create and use metrics that quantify the positive impact on all members of society.
- Collaborate with scientists, politicians, regulators, corporate boards, and other stakeholders to create effective policies that work.
- Broaden your company’s focus to include both long-term sustainability and short-term profitability without sacrificing the former to gain the latter.
- Strengthen local communities via corporate investment and advocacy for the improvement of amenities and services for all.
- Hire team members who fully and proactively support strategies to improve the world and its future.
- Become a sought-after advisor on how to respond quickly and decisively to uncertainties.
Andrew Liveris shares essential wisdom from his four decades of global leadership experience in business, government, academia, and civic society. His book is a powerful tool for any aspiring leader.
“Andrew Liveris takes us on a masterclass in collaborative, forward-looking leadership. An indispensable guidebook for all those who understand that changing business for good and the world for the better are two sides of the same coin. “
- Richard Branson, Founder, The Virgin Group
“A great guide for navigating complex global challenges from one of today’s most astute business leaders. There's a lot in it that is especially valuable now.”
- Ray Dalio, Bestselling Author and Former Chief Investment Officer, Bridgewater Associates
“Andrew Liveris offers thoughtful perspective on how leaders can create clarity and energy around a shared purpose, vision, and strategy, even amidst times of rapid change and uncertainty.”
- Satya Nadella, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Microsoft
"Andrew Liveris has four decades of global leadership experience, bringing together his Greek zest for life and people and his talent for innovation. Now, Leading Through Disruption distills his wisdom for the world’s future leaders.”
- Arianna Huffington, Founder & CEO, Thrive Global
“Andrew gives a master class in leadership and offers a blueprint for how business and government can work together to solve the biggest problems facing humanity.”
- Marc Benioff, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Salesforce
“By turns practical and insightful, Andrew’s resilience and depth of experience in a rapidly changing world shine through in Leading Through Disruption. There are many important lessons shared in this book, which are instructive and apply to all of us.”
- Jamie Dimon, Chairman and CEO, JPMorgan Chase
“For those interested in dealing with the challenges of leadership in the modern age, Andrew Liveris has written a cannot-put-it-down primer. I cannot recommend this leadership guide too highly.”
- David Rubenstein, Co-Founder and Co-Chairman, The Carlyle Group
“Andrew Liveris offers a set of principles, lessons and skills any leader should learn — and they come with all the more authority and insight given his illustrious career across industries and around the world for many decades.”
- Tony Blair, Former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
“To master systemic transformation goes far beyond managing change. Andrew Liveris’ book equips the reader with the intellectual and pragmatic framework to succeed in the new corporate environment where permanent disruption is the prerequisite for success.”
- Klaus Schwab, Founder, World Economic Forum
“Throughout his career, Andrew Liveris has been adept at building multi-sector collaborations to benefit the private sector, the not-for-profit sector, and the planet. Leading Through Disruption distills his lessons into an indispensable guidebook.”
- Indra Nooyi, Former Chief Executive Officer and Chairperson, PepsiCo
“In a world full of uncertainty — politically, economically, and environmentally – Andrew Liveris shows that, under the right leadership model, we can bring all stakeholders across the global spectrum to the table to plan out a better future.”
- Henry Kravis, Co-Founder, KKR & Co. Inc.
"Leaders in today’s volatile world have much to learn from this book. Andrew Liveris transformed Dow into a global market leader, while placing a major emphasis on sustainability. He is truly a citizen of the world with an ability to transcend cultural differences. He is able to work with heads of state, regulators, customers, and stakeholders around the world, while maintaining a relentless, results-oriented management focus. "
- Hank Paulson, Former United States Secretary to the Treasury
“Andrew Liveris has written an insightful primer on a new kind of leadership that is urgently needed in this era of disruption. This book is essential reading for anyone interested in how business must change and collaborate to create a future that works for all.”
- Julie Sweet, Chair and Chief Executive Officer, Accenture
“A sweeping read that combines historic context with behind-the-scenes accounts to give aspiring and C-suite leaders practical, strategic tools to navigate our complex world and serve multiple stakeholders. Leading through Disruption is an ambitious exploration of how the past has shaped the unique leadership our world needs now. “
- Ginny Rometty, Former Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, IBM