Language That Leads
Communication Strategies that Inspire and Engage
by Kasia Wezowski
You must sign in to see if this title is available for request. Sign In or Register Now
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 01 Aug 2023 | Archive Date Not set
Inspire and motivate your team using powerful verbal and nonverbal communication strategies.
Today’s leaders need to use effective, empathetic communication to bring out the best in their team members and let each individual shine.
Kasia Wezowski, a leading researcher on body language and communication skills, combines her cutting-edge research with Marshall Goldsmith’s leadership development methodology in this practical and timely resource for leaders. Goldsmith believes that a leader’s job is to bring out the best in each team member and Language That Leads breaks down the ten core qualities of leadership, providing easy-to-follow implementation steps to express, observe, and project these qualities effectively through verbal and nonverbal communication.
In Language That Leads, listeners will learn:
- Why leaders of the future need to be different from leaders of the past.
- How reading micro expressions, or brief flashes of facial expressions, is key to interpreting the honest emotions of others.
- The body language of leadership — What your posture, gestures, and stance say to others, and how to control this.
- Having emotional intelligence, and how to effectively manage others as a facilitator, not a dictator.
- How to use intuitive decision-making by trusting your empathy and making decisions from your gut.
- Using the BLINK technique to interpret someone's true feelings about a situation or idea in under two minutes.
Available on NetGalley
Thank you, HarperCollins Leadership, for the advance reading copy.
The book is a must read regarding communication and how it can be done with the best possible strategies.
There are three main sections on this aspect. The first section lists out the essential outer skills, the second part includes the basic inner skills and the final section focuses on the three most important growth skills.
I have gained so much from this book as I am a team leader myself at my work place and I am always looking out for books on leadership which would focus on the best communication skills. This book has effortlessly climbed to the top list for me. A must read recommendation on the topic.
Great books for leaders and anyone looking to improve their communication skills at work. It focuses on cultivating the necessary skills for improving adaptability, transparency, and empathy in the work place. A lot of the tips and information in this book is helpful for the home as well.