Dragon Cat Wins the Lottery
by Audrey Beth Stein
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add email@example.com as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 03 Oct 2023 | Archive Date 30 Sep 2023
The Lottery sign says “Win 100,” but when an otter suddenly appears in winner Dragon Cat’s kitchen the next morning, it’s clear something unexpected is afoot.
Or maybe 100 somethings.
Get ready for a very silly story where the ending is up to you. Black-and-white illustrations are ripe for coloring. Readers will delight in imagining additional silliness, helping an endearing character out of a jam, and adding their own name to the title page.
A Note From the Publisher
Dragon Cat Wins the Lottery can be reviewed NOW on both Amazon and Goodreads.
Through the end of September, you can download the ebook for free on Amazon to have your review designated a "Verified Review."
The trade paperback original will be released on October 3rd. It is available for pre-order NOW from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Bookshop.org, and most book retailers. It is being distributed via Ingram.
The ebook is available NOW for library purchase through Overdrive, Baker & Taylor, Bibliotheca, and others. It is also available as a free download through the end of September on retail sites including Apple, Kobo, Smashwords, and others.
FREE PDF COLORING PAGES (link below) can be copied for classrooms, libraries, and afterschool programs — either as a stand-alone activity or to accompany a read-aloud discussion. Or just print a set for your own enjoyment.
Here's what some readers like you have to say:
- "If your little one loves plot twists and participating in making up stories, this is the create your own ending book for you! My 4yo thought Dragon Cat and his new found otter friends were just hysterical."
- "What would you do if you won 100? I guess the better question is if I won 100 what? When Dragon Cat fails to read the fine print, they are in for a big surprise that you have to help fix!"
- "This book made me laugh out loud. The illustrations are cute and the storyline so silly you can't help but love it."
- "Funny and awesome book!"
- "My 8 year old read this within ten minutes and enjoyed it, particularly the bandaid scene."
Available on NetGalley
Average rating from 13 members
If there is one sentence that shows how amazing this picture book is it's, "Now that's a reason to put on pants"!! I could not stop laughing the entire time. This picture book was hilarious. I thought I would wish it was in color, but the art is pure perfection in its chaos. I love this so much and will absolutely be getting a copy so I can read it over and over again.