Backlit PR considers request on a case-by-case basis. We're very interested in connecting with regular and enthusiastic reviewers, bloggers and media, as well as librarians and booksellers who have easy access to readers.
Requests by booksellers, librarians and educators are almost always accepted, followed by reviewers who have substantial followings on Facebook and/or Twitter or an active blog or podcast that reaches significant numbers of unique visitors, commenters and features consistent postings of book reviews (or a is a blog about books.)
We are also keen to discuss guest posts, interviews, Q&A’s, giveaways, or other promo in conjunction with reviews. Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional opportunities.
TO REQUEST A REVIEW COPY, please:
• Provide a direct link to your blog, podcast, and/or Goodreads, Amazon, and/or LibraryThing profile page. (Profiles set to private will not be approved.)
• Include information about your online reach. E.g. The number of unique visitors and commenters on your blog per month, number of Twitter/Facebook followers, number of reviews you post each week.
• Provide a valid “company” affiliation where applicable.
IF YOUR REQUEST IS APPROVED:
• Send us your review within NetGalley or by some other means, including the date when the review will be published, and the name and link of the publication/blog/outlet.
• Provide a valid email address for follow-up.
• Wait until one month before the release date (where applicable) to publish your review, unless prior arrangements have been approved by Backlit PR personnel.