Your privacy is critically important to us. At NetGalley, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information in your account is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Name of the controller:
NetGalley LLC (Limited Liability Company)
Chief Executive Officer:
Francis P. Toolan, Jr.
Address of the controller:
NetGalley LLC (Limited Liability Company)
44 Merrimac St. Newburyport, MA 01950
Data Protection Officer under the EU GDPR:
consileo GmbH & Co. KG
The Application was commissioned by NetGalley LLC and built by MarqueQuébec, Quebec G1K 8W1 CANADA400, Jean-Lesage Blvd., Office 540T - 1 418.658.9143 (HE)1 888 458.9143F -1 418.658.9171 (HE) firstname.lastname@example.org (hereinafter “DeMarque”)
Purpose and data minimization
The NetGalley Shelf Application (“the Application”) is a mobile application that allows members of NetGalley.com, NetGalley.co.uk, NetGalley.fr, NetGalley.de, and NetGalley.jp (collectively, “the NetGalley Platform”) to read and listen to the books that they have been granted access to by publishers.
We collect and use your personal information only within the framework of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) and the legislation of the United Kingdom related to data protection.
What This Policy Covers
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Data transmission and logging for technical purposes
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–which is, to make our Application better.
We collect information automatically through operating our Application, only when there is a problem with the application. We do not collect any information about you from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information.
Information We Collect Automatically
We only collect information through the Application when it crashes so that we might understand the nature of the problem and how to fix it. We specifically do not collect any information about your reading progress or habits.
- Log Information: Like most mobile applications, we collect information mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the Application version, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. This information cannot be connected to a specific person. It will be analyzed for statistical and debugging purposes and subsequently be deleted.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
- A Note about Spyware: NetGalley LLC does not install spyware on your mobile device. Nor does it use spyware to retrieve information from your device.
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide the Provider with information about what went wrong in the Application, so the problem can be resolved in a future release.
How We Share Information
We do not share your information with anyone other than the Provider.
Under the EU GDPR and at any time, you have the right to address the controller or our DPO (see above) and request information on how your data is process. You also have a right to rectification of your data. Or you can have the processing restricted, meaning a right to have processing limited to parts of your data. At any time, you may object to the processing of your personal data. When you do so, we will check whether there are any conflicting legal transmitting and processing obligations and inform you accordingly. You also have a right to data portability, meaning that we hand over your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format determined by us upon your request.
In addition, if you feel that we do not treat your personal data properly and as laid out in this Policy, you have a right to complaint to the supervisory authority responsible for your country.
When you’ve given your consent to the processing of your data you may, of course, revoke your consent at any time.
If you receive advertisement from us, you also have a right to object at any time so that we stop sending you ads.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so.