Member Review

Joan C, Reviewer

Last updated on 18 Dec 2016

I Recommend This Book

Strongly

I would like to thank Oldcastle Books and NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to read ‘Deadly Alibi’, the ninth in the series of DI Geraldine Steel novels by Leigh Russell, in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.
Two women are murdered, one the wife and the other the mistress of Chris, a mild-mannered and inoffensive man.   Chris is arrested as he’s also found to be connected to the disappearance of a woman who two months previously disappeared from a train station late at night after missing her stop.  While Geraldine is trying to discover the truth, she attends the funeral of her birth mother and gets involved in her twin sister Helena’s dubious life.
Geraldine discovers the truth but we’re left with a cliffhanger.  Will she get together with her former colleague from York, DI Ian Peterson, which I’ve been hoping for all along?  Please can we have book number ten so I know what happens?  ‘Deadly Alibi’ can be read alone but it helps to have a bit of background knowledge of Geraldine’s colleagues both in the Met and York.
I’ve read all the books in the series from No. 1 and thoroughly enjoyed every one.  The reader can’t help getting involved with Geraldine who’s not only a well-respected police officer but shows compassion in her private life.