Member Review

Review by

Maureen M, Reviewer

Last updated on 14 Feb 2017

My Recommendation

Another fantastic 5 star release from the amazingly talented author Sheryl Browne.

Sins of the Father is the second instalment featuring DI Matthew Adams. I would recommend reading “After She’s Gone” first but it can be read as a stand-alone novel.

Sheryl one again has given us a tense nail-biting thriller that will have you reading page after page, chapter after chapter.  The characters are believable, and mostly likeable. After getting to know DI Matthew Adams and his family in the first novel I was rooting for them this time around and became so caught up in what was going on that I was in tears by the end of the book. The tension is unbelievable – NEVER before have I cried whilst reading a thriller.  Sheryl Browne has a way of telling a story that really pulls you in and twists your heart with each scene.

This is a fast paced, gripping action thriller.  As with all of Sheryl’s books I would suggest finding yourself a comfy chair, switch off your phones and get yourself a large glass of wine and some chocolate… you will need it!