The Idea of You

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 16 Feb 2019

Not reviewing this title.
............................................................
A well written great read
I received an ARC of this novel from Netgalley in exchange for my review.  I thought when I first read the description of, The Idea of You, the the plot would be fairly predictable.  Older woman meets young singing sensation and they fall in love, have hard times and live happily ever after.  While the plot tends to follow my prediction, what I didn't predict is how much I would come to care about these characters!  Robinne Lee does a terrific job of showing the reader the human side of suddenly becoming very famous, and the pitfalls of falling for someone with millions of fans.  The fact that Solene Marchand, a 39 year old divorcee and mother of teenager, Isabelle, is the one to fall for 20 year old Hayes Campbell-singer of the very famous August Moon only makes this that much more complicated.  Solene has her own career and passions and doesn't plan on falling for her teenage daughter's crush, Hayes.  But at a meet and greet the two light a spark that just can't be  put out.  I thought this was a terrific book and a fun read to throw in the beach bag this summer!
Nooooooooo! Why oh why did you have to do this to me Ms. Lee?? That epilogue blew me away! I didn't see that coming...
This is a must read book! Absolutely 5 stars in my book.. I can't get into the details of this book because to do so, I will give away the story and I absolutely cannot do that... You have to go into this journey with eyes wide open..
The writing and editing was perfect! Grab this book and read it please.. You won't be disappointed!

Thank you to NetGalley, St. Martin's Press and Ms. Robinne Lee for providing me with this ARC.
Excellent story! Looking forward to reading more by this author!
Since her divorce, Solene finds time with her daughter Rachel to be precious. She even agrees (reluctantly) to take her daughter to see her favorite boy band, August Moon, in concert. The music isn’t to Solene’s taste, but to her surprise, bad member Hayes Campbell is. He’s smart, funny, genuine and good-looking and the two immediately hit it off. The only problem is that at 20, Hayes is half of Solene’s age. The two begin an intense courtship, meeting up all over the world, but it’s not long before the news of their affair leaks out and suddenly, Solene and her daughter are plastered all over gossip tabloids and a viral online sensation. All this is just too much to bear. What will Solene sacrifice for her daughter, or her lover? It won’t be lost on readers that the sensational aspect of this May September relationship wouldn’t have caused anyone to blink an eye if Hayes had been the older partner.  This is a really good story about sexism, privacy and life in the digital era