Member Review

Pub Date:

Review by

Donna F, Reviewer

My Recommendation

No B.S. Guide to Powerful Presentations: The Ultimate  No Holds Barred Plan to Sell Anything with Webinars, Online Media, Speeches, and Seminars by Dan S Kennedy and Dustin Mathews.
I found the introduction eyen opening as they remind us of the power of a presentation.  A powerful presentation can impact a department, a company or even a nation.  They go on to explain how people are using presentations to sell one to many vs just one to one.
Admittedly I found sections of the book to be a sales pitch for their products.   However they still delivered some great information in the book.   One of the reminders was how important it is to know your audience.  When you can connect with them on their beliefs, doubts, fears, etc  your acceptance from the audience skyrockets.
Another great piece of advice was to be diligent about everything that goes into the presentation. If it does not lead to the desired outcome it needs to be taken out.  It doesn’t matter how much you worked on it or how good it sounds.  It is doesn’t support the desired outcome you have to be disciplined enough to take it out of the presentation.
The 12-Step Speaker's Formula – This is their formula for delivering a powerful presentation.  They presented this in an easy visual and then explained each step.  I took a screen shot of this on my kindle to keep referring back to.