Cover Image: Girl, Wash Your Face

Girl, Wash Your Face

This was a wonderful book and I got so much out of it. I also listened to it on audiobook and Rachel's voice is wonderful, so I enjoyed the audiobook even more than the ebook! It's nice to know that I'm not the only person going through things, sometimes. Rachel made me take a step back and really look at my life and helped me learn to be thankful for what I have.
Super inspiring. I appreciated her candid approach to sharing off false beliefs.  It takes me a lot of pep talking to read self help and motivational books,  but i always enjoy them when i finally dive in to these instead of my typical fiction.  Glad i finally read this one!
This is such a great inspiring book. Rachel is such a great motivational speaker. This book was just the book I needed in my life at just the right time. Each chapter is about a lie we’re told, and why that lie isn’t actually true. It’s such motivating read that makes you want to go out and conquer the world.
I think this book came into my life a little too late. All the lessons in it I already learned through my own experiences, but I can appreciate it and I think it would be a good read and more helpful for someone around 18-24 years old. Overall it’s well-written and makes you feel like a friend of the author. It was nice to read about her experiences.

I really think this could be a good read for someone in a transitional period in their life like moving away from home, going off to college, or even someone uncertain of their path.

Something I particularly appreciated was that when she began talking about her spirituality, I never felt like she was talking down to the reader or expected them to see things the same way. I grew up in a very religious area and I am, perhaps as a direct consequence, not religious in any shape or form, but I never had the feeling that I didn’t belong while reading. So, don’t worry if that’s also not your jam, she goes about it really well.

I imagine if you know her through her website or other books, you’ll most likely enjoy this too. It was fun to read one time, but I don’t foresee a reason for me to reread.
Rachel Hollis knows how to keep it real. She puts things in perspective and is establishing greatness in all of us. Definitely the motivation I needed
I can see why do many people like this book, but some of the advice is dangerous. I didn't hate or love it, but with all the things that have come out about the author lately, I'm not super keen to listen to her advice.
This was not for me sadly.
Found it hard to relate. Didn’t get on with the style.
Parked it and tried several times but it’s a very unusual did not finish for me sorry
I had heard so much about this author and book for months. I was lucky that I was able to get my hands on the e-book version from this site. I wanted to read for myself what everyone was talking about and the "hype" of this book.

Each chapter is on a different topic. I like how you get life stories from her as well as tips to help things into action. Honestly I thought this book was going to be very religious because most bookstores put this in their Religion non-fiction section, but I didn't get that vibe from this at all. I am not sure where I would categorize this--maybe self help, but the religion aspect is just what her own beliefs are and minimally putting them into this book.

I highly recommend this book! Thank you for providing this e-book to me so I could finally read this book and introduce me to this author.
I wanted to read this book after all of the hype I had heard. If I was a fresh, twenty-something, I think I would have valued the book and its advice more. A lot of the advice is the same stuff we've heard repetitively throughout our lives. Also, a lot of the love and relationship advice was a little sour with the recent news of Hollis' divorce. But, all in all, I think a lot of people in the right demographic could get so much from this book.
I loved most parts of this - just the kind of self-help book I love with a warm and witty writer. But a few other parts were kind of straight-up crazy.
Thank you so much for the opportunity to read this. unfortunately the video footage I had created while reading this was corrupted.

I genuinely enjoyed this book. It felt like the best pump up to start my day. I really enjoy Rachel's writing, and how relatable she is.
I was provided an e-arc from netgalley to read and review

Very motivational self help , highly recommend
I loved the straightforward writing style contained within this book. It almost felt like I was having a direct conversation with the author at times. Good stuff!
Very uplifting and inspirational.  A good read! Also,I listened to the audiobook,  it was great to hear her own voice read the book to us.  She is very expressive!
I don’t know what happened, but the formatting in the digital copy I received was completely messed up. There were random words and even full  sentences in the wrong places - therefore, I couldn’t properly read it and can’t give my full feedback. From what I could read, it seemed to be a really good book, I just wish the text formatting wasn’t all jumbled. :(

Giving this 4-stars based on what I could make out, it seemed like it would have been great.
A refreshing laugh out loud and realization that in this big world we are not alone. I don’t normally turn to read books like this but I enjoyed this read more then I thought I would and took a lot from the book I look forward to reading more by Rachel Hollis in the future!
There were definitely parts of this book that weren't right. The people giving 1-star reviews highlight that and changed my perspective of the book.

BUT! I still liked it. Rachel Hollis has a great writing style, it felt like one of my friends was talking to me. I also felt amped up when I read this book, which is what I want to feel when I read a book like this.
This book has become a phenomenon. I am not very familiar with Rachel Hollis, but she seems to have a message that connects with women. I read it and gave it to my wife and daughters to read. The messages in the book are relevant and inspiring.
I really wanted to like this book, but I was disappointed. She rambles on a bit and the contents were not relatable at times. I just didn't have a good experience reading this book.
For the past 2 years I've been hearing about how LIFE CHANGING and INSPIRING this book is, so I had to see for myself. Thank you Netgalley for giving me the chance to see what it was finally all about.
I did not find it life changing. I was not inspired to change my life.
What I did learn is that all you have to do to have a better life is change all the things that you don't like about it. Feeling sad? Be happy! Overweight? Get your lazy butt off the couch and eat healthier! I could go on, but I won't.
This book was basically recycled advice and confessions (humble brags) from the author to make her relatable. So you'll buy her fiction books and read her blog and buy tickets to hear her speak.

I take notes on books when I read them to review and the notes I had for this one were:
- How many different ways can you say "it's your life, live it your way"
- If your facebook feed and t-shirt drawer are full of "wine o'clock" and "I love Jesus but I cuss a little," and you believe that MLMs are not pyramid schemes then you'll love this.