The Namarielle (The Chronicles of Lashai Book 1)

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 23 Jun 2018

I loved the world building that went into setting everything in place for the rest of the series.
The story intrigued me from the synopsis and the moves at a good pace to keep that interest.
I look forward to the sequel
The world building was really well done in this book and characters are unique. I would definitely read a sequel.
I tried with this one, I really did. But in the end this just wasn’t my cup of tea. Honestly, I was just so bored reading it and I felt a complete disconnect with what was going on. None of the characters really captured my interest and I found myself not really caring one way or the other what happened to them. I also had kind of a hard time wrapping my head around this universe? I understood the general rules of it, but there were so many terms and names thrown around that got jumbled up in my head. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to read this, but it just wasn’t for me.
DNF. I tried...I tried so hard and wanted to really get absorbed into this world but I fell flat on my face and could not do it.I was bored, so very bored that I gave up and will not be picking it back up. Maybe it was the author's writing style that I was not adept to? But, there are so many others that really enjoyed this book, so please check out their reviews too!
So sorry about not getting to this! I was unable to download this novel before Netgalley archived it. Do not mind the star rating, I had to give one in order to give feedback!
Thank you to netgalley I received this as an ARC. I enjoyed it very much was good solid read. Solid 4.5 Stars for me!
I love when a book has a well developed fantasy world, and this definitely had that. The book had a good pace (not too fast, not too slow) and gave me all the great twists that I always love. Such a really great read!
Hmm this one was kind of a hard one for me.  I had a rough time getting into it, despite putting it down and picking it back up on several occasions.  I wasn't super invested in the main characters or the story line.  The world building was interesting, but not enough for me to truly be immersed in this world.  I would maybe come back and try to read this one again once the second one is out.  Overall, this one wasn't quite for me.
It took me a while to get into this, it was written like an old style fairytale which i struggled with. However, the overall book is enjoyable. The author writes a believable world and characters that are easy to bond with.

Not my favourite read of the year and I probably wont continue with the series but if you like fairytales, young love and good v evil then its worth a read.
It took me a while to get around to reading this what with work and life getting in the way, but I am so glad I finally managed it. This book was brilliant. I read it in a couple of days and it had me gripped. I liked the writing style, the world building and I found the characters easy to read and like!

I will be recommending this book :)
I'm having a hard time with this one. I just can't make myself care about the characters or the storyline. I feel like I've read it sooooooo many times before, and in this one it's just not tripping my interest. Maybe down the line if I feel the need to get into an epic-style (but with less epicness), I'll come back to it. For now, alas, it's a no from me.
Not really sure how to review this book. The premise is good, though somewhat predictable. The pacing was decent. The world building was not bad. I liked the variety of fantasy elements. Most of the characters are likeable but not well developed.
Unfortunately, I really did not like the main characters, Cassai and Elian. Cassai's supposedly a sheltered 18 years old, seemed more like an annoying 13-14 year old to me. She's supposedly adventurous, but again seemed too naive to have ventured much. Can't figure out Elian. Sometimes he seems like he's in his 30s, sometimes he seems like he is in his teens.  These ambiguousness make these characters unrelatable.
The only character I liked was Hollis.
Not sure I'm curious enough to pick up the next book.
I adored this book. It was full of intrigue and passions and was just beautifully written. definitely something to add to your tbr pile if you enjoy this genre.
Thank you to Julien Jamar, BooksGoSocial, and NetGalley for allowing me the extreme pleasure of access to an advanced reader copy of “The Namarielle (The Chronicles of Lashai Book 1)” for an honest review.

This book sound fabulous out the gate just reading the spine breakdown given by NetGalley and BooksGoSocial. A new world of magic and mystery, fantasy waiting to be fleshed out of the unknown. The characters are deeply engrossing. The story has so much suspense, and then killer twists and turns to the plot that you will never see coming.

I love the in-depth the world seemed by section, so that everyone’s races and kingdoms, religions and customs, histories and how they threaded through each other like fingers, or braided ribbons over time, felt so individual and well thought out. There was no randomness and no weakness in how they were each portrayed.

I inhaled this book in just a handful of days around work and sleep, during which I was thinking and dreaming about getting to read more it. I can’t wait to start recommending it out and giving people copies.
This book was definitely not for me, I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy it but it wasn't a book that's my cup of tea.
This had a promising start and a good concept, but somewhere in the execution it fell a little flat for me. I had an issue with the relationship between Cassai and Elian - it just didn't sit right with me. I wasn't invested in the characters and I found the switches between perspectives to be quite jarring. Overall this was an OK read but it didn't really work for me.
Interesting concept but ideas and characters could have been better developed. The story-line and world building was solid but characters were lacking originality and all the surprises were obvious. Cassai was a little annoying, a typical Mary Sue who is the damsel-in-distress but I did like Elian's character and his background.

Nonetheless, it is a quick and fun read if you are looking for adventure.
I loved The Namarielle! I read it in 3 days using MY CELL PHONE. That's right. I was going to wait for the paperback as I don't like reading on devices, but it was so good I couldn't put it down. (I was even sneaking reads at work!)
The story is an adventure and I was already picturing how it would look as a movie. It was so unique, well thought out, and yet right up my alley regarding my preference for fantasy novels of epic proportions.  I realize I'm being a little vague, but I don't want to give anything away! Just read it for yourself and thank me later!
This story takes you on a journey into a world ravaged by hate and greed. It's only savior is a girl who was hidden by her grandmother and guard for safe keeping. While this is only the first installment, I cannot wait to find out what will happen next!
I really enjoyed reading it. It is hard to put it down. Story is well written and world building is amazing. I can't wait to next book.