Her Hollywood Boyfriend

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 11 Jun 2018

This was a quick read.  I liked the beginning, it dived right into the drama.  This was a young adult novel, or right after high school.  Macey is in a relationship with her childhood best friend turned boyfriend.  He's a popular musician, but was caught  in a compromising position.  She leaves to camp where she's a counselor.  Enter Jace, a popular hollywood star who is also there as a counselor because his brother will be attending.  The story lacked some chemistry I feel was missing from the main characters.  I felt like the beginning was strong, then dulled a bit, then got interesting with a little mystery, and it seemed to need a future epilogue.  Overall its a cute YA novel. The cover is gorgeous.  Quick and cute read.  I was given an advanced copy for my honest opinion.

bookstagram--tweezyreads

I wasn't a big fan of this book.  The premise is solid but I never connected to the main character or any of the characters actually.  It's a quick read without any angst.

I felt like I was missing something especially at the beginning.  Maybe if I'd read the first book it would have helped.

There were some errors that were distracting.  A phone call from friend "Miranda" changes to "Morgan" a few lines later.  And roadies and groupies are not the same thing ("The roadies!  They're so disgusting.  They're constantly flashing their boobs...").  Hopefully these errors will be fixed in future editions.

The cover is fantastic!

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for this ARC.
I did not enjoy this one.  The characters lacked development so they were hard to differentiate, the dialogue was boring, and I could not muster much empathy for the protagonist, Macey.  The only character I sort of enjoyed was Collin, another camp counselor.

The premise was solid, as I love a good getting over a breakup plot, but in the end it is missing key elements and forgettable.  It is a quick, light read.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a free copy of this ebook in exchange for an unbiased review.