Cover Image: This Is a Whoopsie!

This Is a Whoopsie!

This is an adorable book! I love the positive message about self-acceptance and perseverance told through a clumsy moose’s perspective. The story will make kids laugh and I give the author credit for creatively having tbe characters (literally) interact with the text.
I loved this book. It is completely charming, while giving good information. The protagonist is shy, a bit insecure, self-deprecating and has not very good friends among other moose. But he HAS one good friend, who has his back, offers good advice and helps him find something he is good at. Sometimes it is better to have one real friend, than a lot of fake ones.

The illustrations are lovingly drawn, with mostly natural colours. Such a refreshing alternative to todays bling-bling more bigger better brighter attitude. Really lovely. (Can I have a t-shirt with Whoopsie on it please?)

I'm a grown woman (almost 40) and this book gave me some much needed smiles this evening. Would definitely recommend for children to read with their parents, as this book touches on a few topics that can be very helpful.
This Is a Whoopsie is an engaging and delightful book for children.  Whoopsie, so named because he falls a lot, is a clumsy moose.  In the beginning there are interesting facts about moose, but then it gets very silly.  Luckily there is a small blue bird who is a good friend to Whoopsie and who tries to guide him.  Children will enjoy this amusing book.
Full Review on my blog. I really liked this book and thought that it’s very kid friendly and adorable.
From the same writer and illustrator as "This is a Taco", this books is very similar. And still original, and totally adorable. I love how the characters in this series (ok, sofar only 2 books, but I really would like to see more...) interact with the reader and the book itself... a rather whimsical and original take on books for kids.

I received a copy through Netgalley.
This book is funny and interesting in its first half. We learn stuff about Moose with Whoopsie a funny character. Unfortunately in the second half, there is no more content and it's just absurd humor, some children with laugh at it because it's a children humor, but it's just become a bit too empty for me. First half 4 stars, second one 2, I go with a 3!
Funny, funny, funny!  What a delightful little story about an (almost seven foot) moose who is quite the klutz.
The humour is great for both adults and children alike and would make a great bedtime book because of all the wonderful sounds you can make while reading the story.

It would be great to have this book on goodreads.
This book is cute and funny.  I enjoyed the unexpected humor.  This book would be fun to read aloud to children at home or in a classroom setting.  I could imagine little ones laughing about Whoopsie's antics.