Suddenly Mine

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 08 Feb 2019

Christian has had enough of his father's criticism, but doesn't know how to get out from under it so he works. Day and night running one of his father's companies.
Sophie moves to California to start over she is a nurse and wants to get a job that works for her.
When Sophie starts working for Christians company things are going to change in his life.

This book pulls you in and you can't put it down.

** I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for a honest review**
I always love visiting the Montgomery family and this book has everything that I love! It is emotional, sweet, swoon worthy and pulls you in from the start. Sophie and Christian are both broken people but together they can begin to heal. Their story is one that I will enjoy reading again! I highly recommend this book!
This was the first title I ever read by the author and I loved it,the story was cute ,the setting was nice and the characters were enjoyable
What a beautiful story. Christian finds Sophie just when he needs her most...when he's trying to figure out how to live his life and not his fathers. When a tragedy strikes, Christian doesn't know how to handle what is happening to him. Sophie is there for him...even when he thinks he doesn't want her to be. I loved this story from start to finish!
A Samantha Chase book is always a sure bet for me, I just love the way her characters come off the page and grab my attention. This book was no different. With Christian Montgomery and Sophie Bennington you feel the emotions from each as they are really both just trying to find themselves and while both have family behind them to support them they really feel alone. This story of them finding each other and then learning to really start over and to love.

The Montgomery series is one I really enjoy reading, I love the family dynamics and how you keep seeing characters from past books, and ones that most likely will have their own stories at some point. These kind of series are my favorites and the ones I just cannot wait for the next one to come out and read.
In “Suddenly Mine” (The Montgomery Brothers #8) by Samantha Chase we get the story of workaholic Christian Montgomery and small-town girl Sophie Bennington.  After a chance meeting on the beach turns into a dream job and their friendship blossoms – the only obstacle left is their pasts.

I received a copy of this book through Net Galley and this is my honest review.
I am a fan of Chase's work, but this book just didn't grab me like some of her other series. It was an okay book, but nothing special.

I had a BIG problem with Christian's father and uncles. The father for putting so much unfair pressure on his children, but also on the uncles for watching this behaviour over the years and never stepping in to stop some of this borderline cruel behaviour.

But, I loved how the matchmaking has shifted from the beginning of the Montgomerys series. I loved how both Christian and Sophie were damaged by their families in different ways, but were able to help the other heal. And I had tears streaming down my face when Sophie confronted her past, truly a gut-wrenching chapter. (Though I don't fully understand why it was only going to be a one-time thing. I'm a big believer in second chances, so this would have been an added layer to the story.)

I will continue to look forward to more of Chase's writing.
If you're looking for a story that has a family worthy of your time, this is one of those books.  I was elated to read Christian Montgomery's story.

The writing is one-click worthy, the story is a journey of love, hope, sacrifice, and acceptance. It's time to let go of the past.

If Sophie and Christian can come to peace with who they are, what the desire, and that the only thing they can control is their own path they will find a love that is worthy of all the things!

This is one that required a box of tissues and a few extra cookies to nibble on.
Suddenly Mine by Samantha Chase
As we continue on the Montgomery universe this book is Christian's story.
Christian puts to much pressure on himself to succeed, working non stop and rarely asking for assistance. When the long hours finally take their toll he's forced to take a look at his habits and decide whether he's going to change.
Well change is the one thing that Sophie has going for her in abundance. A new city, new state and new attitude towards life. She's looking for positive changes in her life. Through quietly quirky circumstances she's in the right place to help Christian deal with his crisis.
Yet bad habits are hard to overcome when dealing with significant stress from the unexpected. Will Christian revert to his former ways or realize Sophie makes him want to take a different path.
I really enjoy this series and this one is no exception. I loved the heroine which is probably what made this so special. Sophie is an interesting character and her relationship with Christian was fantastic. I loved the themes of expectation and living your life for yourself. This was a really good one. Definitely can be read as a standalone but so much better if you read the series since they all come together so well and give you that added depth!
I always say that Sports Romance is my crack, but honestly, so are the Montgomerys. I love this series and this family ( and Samantha Chase too) SO hard. Christian was one I worried about after reading snippets about him in other books. He works way too hard, and is too closed off. And that’s where Sophie comes in. She shows him how to have fun again, and love, and it’s magical. A great addition to this series.
Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Ruthie – ☆☆☆☆
This is book eight of the Montgomery Brothers series, and although you will get the family dynamics far better if you read them in order, they are fun reads in their own right. I am a fan, so knew the references and asides, which did make it even richer – and such a relief that Christian finally gets it!

Two very different characters are at the heart of this book, and although I am sure Monica and Eliza will chalk this up as a victory for them, William once again influences the outcome!

Christian is not a happy man – he is killing himself trying to impress his father, but never seems to make the grade. He could never work hard enough or make enough billions, and a health scare does give him a chance to review things, especially when he meets someone who finally elicits a spark of interest beyond one date. The fact that Sophie turns out to be a quasi-employee is an issue, but in his attempt to be good to himself he lets it go. However, his parents visit, and once again his father gets under his skin.

Sophie has only ever had her Nana, until she finds out a family secret, that everyone in her home town knew but her. So she has run to San Diego and is trying a new career as a corporate nurse. This suits her character well and gives her a chance to get to know Christian. Fathers play large in this story, and it is a visit in Kansas which made me tear up in this book, as being beautifully written and perfectly played out.

This is a very sweet and enjoyable read, which gets us all caught up on the Montgomerys and the state of their relationships, and gives us hope at last for Christian and a happier life for him. The dynamics change a lot in this one and it will be interesting to see how that affects future matchmaking missions!

Mary Jo – ☆☆☆☆
Talk about a rollercoaster ride. Ups and downs. Love and heartbreak. Happiness and regret. This book has it all.

Christian has tried to prove himself to his father all his life, to be the son that his father was proud of. Working for the family business is hard, but he tells himself it’s worth it. But whatever he does, it’s never enough for his father.

Sophia has upended her life in one move. She left the Midwest after finding out everything she thought she knew about her parents was a lie. And the person who told the biggest lie: her grandmother who raised her. Granted, she understood why her grandmother did this, but Sophia feels that she should have been told the truth when she was old enough to understand, rather than finding out from a stranger.

Christian and Sophia's relationship started as friends before becoming lovers. Each listened to the other and truly got to know one another, which I truly liked.

This is a great series and I can't wait for the next book.
Oh, Samantha Chase, you write books that I fall into and cannot seem to find my way out of until I read the very last word.     Suddenly Mine is a book that tells the story of Sophie Bennington who has left Kansas to move to California to escape the gossip of a small town and the story of Christian Montgomery who is working too hard just to win his father’s approval.

The story goes as expected with the two of them meeting, sparks flying, and love happening.    The part of the story that I really loved is the openness of the Montgomery family.   Even though they meet Sophie under the worst of circumstances they welcome her, they let her into their family, and they accept her for who she is.    I love to see how they chatted, the hugged, and they didn’t question when she was around during private family times.     All of this welcoming seemed to just make her shine more, make her realize what is important to her, and make her fall for Christian even more.

While this is a predictable story it is a story that I loved.     I loved the beach setting and could picture Christian sitting on his deck watching Sophie try to surf.   Suddenly Mine is a quick and easy read.  Pick up your own copy and enjoy these wonderful characters.
Suddenly Mine by Samantha Chase is part of the Montgomery Brothers Series and just like the other previous books in the series, this one is a keeper. The characters are simply charming. The romance is hot and the story itself will leave you feeling satisfied.

Christian and Sophie both have similar issues with their past, their fathers, and need a new direction. Christian works too much and sets out to prove something to his father. Will getting close to Sophie, be the salvation Christian needs?

Emotional yet beautiful!
Christian is a workaholic with no time on his hands.  He works for his dad.  Who he can't seem to please no matter how hard he works.  He lives by the beach and likes to watch the surfers.  Especially a cute inexperienced redhead.  Sophia is a nurse who has fled her small hometown.  With big dreams of surfing. She grew up in Kansas dreaming of the ocean.  She has come to California to make it on her own.  When Christian has a health scare he has to make changes before it too late.  He has to learn how to balance work and fun and delegating.  With the help of Sophia can he learn a work and play balance, and to be able to accomplish without his fathers scrutiny.  This was a cute book.  Sophia is such a lovable character.  She has overcome so much in her life and still is a happy easy going well balanced woman.
Christian and Sophie's story hooks you from the very beginning. It showcases Ms. Chase's greatest gift of writing characters that we can relate to. We can all feel the the emotions that Christian and Sophie are dealing with. This is such a beautifully written complex emotional story that it leaves you speechless when you're done. This is definitely a journey that was worth taking to see the other side. As someone who has read ALL of Ms Chase's books I can honestly say that this is one of her BEST and MOST beautifully written books she just keeps getting better!! I would definitely recommend this book !! I was given an ARC in exchange for my honest opinion.
Suddenly Mine is the latest release in the Montgomery Brothers series from Samantha Chase. Suddenly Mine is Christian Montgomery and Sophie Bennington's story and I adored how quickly they connected once they finally met.

Christian loves starting each morning drinking his coffee on his deck while watching the surfers. He is drawn to one surfer in particular and finally meets her when she crashes. They were so cute from the moment they met. I totally felt their connection from the very beginning. Luckily for Christian, Sophie is the nurse his mother had been talking to for their company's new health care plan, as Sophie helps Christian when he has a medical emergency at his office.

I loved that Christian listened to Sophie from the very beginning, even when he really didn't want to about his health. Christian has been a workaholic thanks to pressure from his father for years. It literally took him almost having a heart attack at the office for him to finally realize he had to make changes in his life if he wanted to have a future. Sophie and Christian just seemed to be able to talk and share about their issues with their pasts with each other so easily. I liked how easily they connected, and I also loved the chemistry between these two characters.

I know when I read a Samantha Chase book I'm going to get an emotional story filled with family and love. Suddenly Mine was no different. I did think it moved just a bit slow in the very beginning, but once it picked up, I couldn't put the book down. I've enjoyed each of the books in the Montgomery Brothers series to date and highly recommend this series to readers who love emotional contemporary romances.

Rating: 4 Stars (B+)

Christian Montgomery works so hard to live up to his father's rigid and unforgiving standards he's forgotten to actually live. A lonely workaholic, he's working himself to death. He used to love his job in his family's company; now he's driven to succeed but he can't remember quite what he's hoping to succeed at. It's been a long time since he's taken time to stop and enjoy anything, except the red headed surfer who pops up on his beach. Watching her, he sees her fail time and again but her laughter and joy never waver.

Sophie Bennington approaches life like she approaches a wave; she goes all in with a smile on her face. So what if she gets knocked down, at least she tried. Life has recently reminded her that the hits keep coming anyway, she decided to pick up her life and try something new. She moved to San Diego almost on a whim but is determined to make this new life all she dreams of with the same grit and a grin she has all her life. Focused on landing a new job and forgetting what she left Kansas for, the charming workaholic she meets on the beach is the last thing she expected. Christian is the rogue wave she didn't see coming.

Suddenly Mine was a sweet story about second chances and starting over. It had all the makings to be awesome but didn't quite make it there for me. There was just a little something missing. While they were good characters and an interesting backstory, the characters felt a little disconnected and because I didn't feel much for the characters, the baggage felt heavy, instead of shared. But I have liked the rest of the Montgomery books so I enjoyed seeing Carter and Megan, etc and the ending was sweet. All in all, a good story, just maybe not my cup of tea.

AnnMarie - Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
4 1/2 STARS FOR SUDDENLY MINE!! This story shows us how opposites attract to each other. Christian and Sophie have lots of chemistry, it was fun to watch their story play out. These two both have issues they need to work through, but keeps us flipping pages.
Honestly I can’t say enough good things about this series! I’ve read all and loved all. Author Samantha Chase simply gives us what we want. I love how match making by loved ones plays a big part in these books. It’s fun to experience it all. Christian and Sophie are the perfect pair. Both have things they are trying to overcome and them coming together was just beautiful. There is no way you won’t fall in love with these two. Matter of fact all of the Montgomery Brothers and their loves and offspring. I’m definitely looking forward to more!