Tumble

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 12 Mar 2019

If you are looking for an exciting second chance romance, with a nice combination of plot, heat, and character development, then Tumble is for you. This is the first book from the author's brand new series Dogwood Lane, and it can be read as a standalone. Adriana Locke is a new author for me, and I am so glad I made her acquaintance. Her earlier books are highly rated, so I am adding a few them to my TBR list.

Neely Kimber is a creative sports journalist whom has worked very hard to penetrate the glass ceiling. Her ideas are so good, her boss takes credit for them, which prevents her from reaching the next level in her career. As a result, she quits her job. With some newfound time on her hands, she returns to her small hometown for a much needed break from the hustle and bustle of New York City. She runs into her ex and first love, Dane Madden, and they once again discover that they are soulmates. After breaking Neely's heart way back when, Dane has to prove that he is worthy of her love. Dane's daughter Mia is adorable and she and Neely bond over their love of gymnastics.

This is a well-written book with some dramatic twists and turns that kept me engaged from beginning to end. All the characters are interesting, and I liked getting to know Neely, Dane, and Mia. Although Neely and Dane have amazing chemistry, their sexy times come few and far between. Overall, Tumble is a really good narrative and I can't wait to read the next book in the series.

Complimentary copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley.
You can never go wrong with a book by Adriana Locke and once I started Tumble, I could not put it down. A single, sexy dad, a small town and a second chance are all some of my favorite things in a romance and this one had all that and more! There is a bit of angst and a lot of history between our main characters, and not all of it good, but the story flowed well and captivated from start to end.

Neely Kimber needs to regroup. As a sports journalist, she is determined and motivated, but everyone has their limits. Now she needs a fresh start and is going back home after ten years before moving forward. Her only goal? Avoid the ex that left her devastated and brokenhearted until she leaves.

Dane Madden and Neely were once sweethearts, but choices and bad decisions drove them apart. Mia left and had vowed to never return. Now, back after ten years, avoiding each other is better said than done. Their chemistry is as strong as ever and old feelings are hard to ignore. Dane wants a second chance with Neely, but he knows he hurt her badly. Can he show her what she means to him or was it over before it started?

Tumble by Adriana Locked was both sweet and charming and a bit angstly. Neely and Dane were great characters and had great chemistry, but so much bad history was between them. Could this truly be their second chance or is it too late? Another great read by Adriana Locke.

4.5-stars!
3.5 stars for me.

This is different than the authors other books and writing. Small town single dad second chance Romance book. Neely left Dogwood Lane after her heart was broken to follow her dream.

Easy read. Looking forward to more of this series
Tumble by Adriana Locke is the first book in her brand new series Dogwood Lane. Every book is about another couple and can be read as a standalone.

Meet Neely. She's a successful reporter, lives in NY and never goes home. Her heart was broken in a cruel and evil way, just after highschool graduation and she never had it in her to go back. But now the time is right. She learns pretty quick how much she missed her friends and family. And she can't avoid Him any longer, Dane Madden.
Dane was her boyfriend, destined to be her one and HEA, but in typical alpha manier he decided to throw fate a wrench and in this wake he destroyed everything. But now his girl is back.
I started reading and was glued to the pages. I read the book in one sitting and let me tell you, it gave me All the feels. I was sad, I was happy and at somne point I was so so angry at the characters.
Dane is not my favorite character. I didn't like him when was discovered what he did and later on I didn't care for him at all. He's weak and hides behind I'm sorries and I would do it again. This infuriating man.
But I loved the story and I get that a romance deserves a beautiful hea and Tumble got exactly that.
I recommend the book and give 5 stars.
*5 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

I haven't read many books by Adriana Locke as yet (on my TBR!), but this one definitely makes me want to catch up on all those that I have missed.

Neely and Dane's story was fantastic. To each other, they're both basically "the one that got away" and there are plenty of unresolved feelings and issues attached to their story.

After a huge decision in her New York life, Neely ends up back home visiting her Mum in Dogwood Lane, and boy oh boy do I love that little town. The characters in this story were fantastic. All our secondary characters were lots of fun and had well developed personalities, and I really can't wait to read more about them in future books.

Dane and Neely of course have much to go through and discover about themselves and each other, and seeing them reconnect, and also meeting Mia, was wonderful. I fell in love with everything as I was reading this story.

The ending was also swoony and perfect and I highly recommend. Can't wait for the next one in this series.
My first book by Adriana but definitely not my last!!

Right now, one of my favorite tropes is a second chance with the first love and Adriana knocked this one right out of the park!!  This book was so good, that I read it one day....I could not put it down!!

High school sweethearts that had their whole future planned out, until one night. Words that can't be unsaid or unheard. Neely ran away to the big city to pursue her dreams, but never let herself fall in love again.  Jobless and confused, Neely goes home for the first time in years to get some clarity.  Of course the first person she encounters is Dane Matthews....her first and only love.

Neely tries to steer clear of Dane and all of her old friends, but in a small town that's impossible.  Once she allows herself to lick her wounds, she opens herself back up to old friends, including Dane and his precious daughter.

Just when it seems like Neely and Dane have everything they ever dreamed of and wanted, Neely is offered that dream in NYC.  Will she choose the only job she has ever wanted over Dane and Mia?  Will Dane let her runaway again or will he go after her this time??
I like a good second chance romance but throw in a single dad and oh be still my heart. While the writing was good, it took me a while to warm up to the characters and the story. It was interesting to see how Dane and Neely would progress as she spends more time at home, especially with how they first ended. When they were together it was nice and you can see how the basis of a friendship made the relationship work. I also liked reading about the relationship between Dane and his daughter Mia. It was sweet and he was such a devoted dad. I liked the small town feel to the story. It definitely added a warmth to the book-seeing the friendships between all. There were some parts better than others and I didn’t hate it nor love it. Overall this was a nice read.
I love Tumble for its simplicity. It was a second chance romance that will warm your feelings with easiness. Adriana had captured the story with deep feelings and the comfort being in small town. I cant put it down once I have started reading. Tumble was sexy, flirtatious and fun
This is my first read by Adriana Locke and she has a new fan. I think I will share this book with my daughter as well. Who doesn't love a second chance romance with a child in the mix?

Neely is searching for that something more when she arrived home after 10 years. Determined to follow through with her beliefs that women can do anything they put their mind to. She was not prepared for the feelings and memories that hit her in her home town when visiting her mom. She was even less prepared for the feelings that seeing Dane and his daughter would bring to the surface.

Dane knows better than anyone who he screwed up all those years ago. But as much as he messed things up with Neely it also gave him Mia and he can never regret her. He is a super single dad to this little girl, doing anything and everything for her. When he see Neely in the café, he can't help but be drawn to her. Against his normal protection, he can't stop for letting Neely get to know Mia.

Is there a possibility for a second chance? Or is Neely so convinced to go back to the city?

I am excited to see what else comes from  the Dogwood Lane Series.

*** Advanced copy provided in exchange for an honest review. ***
Tumble is a second chance romance. If this trope is not for you, I recommend passing on this one.

The writing is good, but I just felt no connection to the MCs or between the MCs. I am being completely honest when I say there was more of a connection between Neely and her mom’s boyfriend than there was between Neely and Dane.

What saved this book for me and allowed me to finish were the secondary characters. They were so easy to connect to, and I am hoping the author has some of them featured in the rest of this series.

Overall, an okay read for me, but I am going to give the rest of the series a chance.
Adriana writes families and small towns so well. You get invested in the characters and want books for everyone you meet in town. So, Addy get in that will ya! This is book one in a new series.

Dane and Neely are perfectly normal and a little broken. Dane is a single dad and Neely comes back to town after years away from where her heart always was on Dogwood lane with Dane but now is now and then was then. Can the past be left there? You should read this book and find out!
“𝐴𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑘𝑖𝑠𝑠 𝑚𝑒 𝑜𝑟 𝑛𝑜𝑡?"
“𝐈’𝐦 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮—𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟-𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭."

𝗧𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗹𝗲 is a sexy, second-chance, small town romance that will have you laughing, swooning, and blushing from the very start! Neely and Dane’s steamy and emotional happily ever after is just the beginning of what’s sure to be an absolutely ADDICTING and CHARMING new romance series! Adriana Locke takes us to 𝐷𝑜𝑔𝑤𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝐿𝑎𝑛𝑒, Tennessee where the southern charm is at an all time high. I was intrigued and giddy from the very start and I never wanted to leave! If you’re looking for a story that will make you sigh, characters that will make you melt, and a town that will make you fall in love…you’ve come to the perfect place! First loves, second chances, southern charm, and a bit of redemption…you can’t go wrong with an Adriana Locke romance…ever!
Its no secret that I adore Adriana's book's so every time she announces a new one is coming, it immediately ends up on my "most anticipated" list

When I got an ARC from Thomas Allen &Sons I freaked TF out and immediately jumped in. I had been in a 6 week reading slump and nothing was able to pull me out of it but I knew if any book could it would be this one. I was right! She ALWAYS delivers so it comes at no surprise that Tumble did not disappoint me!

It was a swoon worthy second chance story with a delicious single dad who pulled at my heart strings as I devoured every page. I also adored TF out of Penn, a secondary character that reminded me a lot of Peck from "The Gibson Boys" series. Peck was my favorite story in that series so im sitting here trying to manifest a standalone of Penn's story. I also have my fingers crossed that he ends up with the fierce and sassy Haley.
Adriana Locke does it again with a somewhat-angsty, small-town, second chance romance (don't worry, despite my wordy description it's not overly tropey). Locke does small-town really well - and while it's fun to read about billionaires and CEOs, sometimes it's nice to read about people who have "real" jobs - like carpenters and waitresses (and not struggling waitresses in small towns who end up meeting a visiting billionaire CEO and falling in love).

So, I have to admit I failed to re-read the blurb before I started reading so I was caught somewhat by surprise by the fact that Dane was a single-dad. And frankly, there's not much I find sexier than a well-written single dad! Dane was pretty damn swoony - and the way he was with his daughter, Mia was just incredibly sweet.

There's a whole lot of history between Neely and Dane and frankly, I'm not sure I could be as quick to forgive as Neely was given what Dane had done when they were younger, but he certainly redeemed himself in the end! Neely is faced with a decision that many women feel they need to make. Maybe not to the extent or degree that she did, but it still often comes down to feeling like you need to decide between work-success or family-success, sometimes. Her ultimate decision goes a long way towards showing that "work success" isn't always what you (or society) has been led to believe it has to be.

I'm very much looking forward to getting stories for the rest of the cast of characters from Dogwood Lane that we met. And while I’m generally of the belief that the book is almost always better than the film, I'm going to wrap up my review by saying this could make a really AMAZING movie, if well done.

*Advance copy provided by the author/publisher. All opinions are my own.*
Second chance romances are kind of my thing right now.    I have read many, loving each, and finding them each unique in their own ways.   Tumble is unique not because of the second chance romance but because of Mia.   Mia is Dane’s (love that name) daughter.  She is smart, she is sassy, she is so fun that I loved how much of a role she played in the relationship of Neely and Dane.   She kept them all on their toes and made them take stock of what they wanted.

Tumble is sweet and feels real to me.    The characters have broken hearts that need closure.   That closure has to come from the two of them being together, finding their happiness, and coming to accept what had happen in the past.    Both Dan and Neely are strong, successful, and loving people who know what they want in life and know what has to be done to get there.

I look forward to more with these characters.  There are many secondary characters that I’d love to see get their HEA’s.
4.5 sweetly emotional second-chance stars!

I love this book! An emotional, gorgeously sweet and chemistry-filled second-chance-romance, it’s a really strong start to a series that I can’t wait to explore further.

Neely has just been royally shafted for a promotion at work and in well-earned outrage, quit the job she has worked so hard for. Feeling lost and without purpose, she leaves NYC to return to her small home town in Tennessee for a break from her life. It’s a place she hasn’t been to in ten years since her heart was shattered by her first love, and though she’s happy to be reunited with her mother and her childhood friends, she knows that it’s only a matter of time before she is reunited with the cause of all of her heartache – Dane.

That reunion comes a whole lot sooner than she was expecting, and holy hell, from the first moment, the chemistry is insane! Dane is now a single father but he clearly never moved on from Neely, and though Neely is still hurt, she can’t help the way she reacts to him either. But the two of them have a messed up past. The true extent of everything that happened between them is revealed slowly, and given that it all ended so badly, there’s a lot for them to work through.

I broke her heart. I broke her heart in the worst way I could, and the fact she didn’t tell me to fuck right off is more than I really deserve. It’s more than I would’ve given me.

But despite all of that, and the pain that they are both clearly in, I had a feeling of excitement about the two of them from the very beginning, and I read with a sense of blissful anticipation of all that is to come.

“You hadn’t forgotten about me,” he says. “If you had, you wouldn’t be reacting like this.”
    “Like what?”
    “Like you know just how good it is between us.”
    “It was good between us,” I admit. “Was being the key term.”
    “I have a feeling it would be even better these days.”

It’s a gorgeous reconnection that is sweet and emotional with an underlying intensity, and I loved their slow development from pain and anger to forgiveness, acceptance, understanding and love. The feelings they had for each other never really went away, and it doesn’t take long for everything to resurface, and I loved watching it happen.

Along the way, we get to meet a fantastic bunch of side characters. Neely and Dane’s friends are a hilarious bunch, and I’m so excited to read more about Matt, Penn, Grace and Claire in future books. And Dane’s daughter, Mia, is an absolute scene stealer! I love her sass and her huge heart, and the relationship she has with her Dad is just gorgeous.

“Do we have garlic bread?” Mia asks, surveying the kitchen.
    “Do I ever make spaghetti without garlic bread?”
    She eyes me. “When you forget to buy it. But I’m not judging you because I can’t feed myself.”

But even with all that is happening between them, and all that they are feeling, Neely is only in town for a short visit. And just as she starts to recognise all that she’s left behind and the life she could possibly have, she is given the opportunity of a lifetime back in New York. Will Dane be enough to convince her to stay? Where does her heart truly lie? There are some truly heartwrenching scenes as they figure it all out, and I couldn’t put my kindle down, desperate to see what was going to happen.

“I know you love us, Neely. I know you love us as much as we love you.”

This book seems to have some mixed reviews, with people unable to move past their breakup. I’m not judging anybody’s opinions or experiences, but here are my thoughts on the subject - I’m never a fan of the whole ‘I broke up with you for your own good’ storyline, and there are other factors which lead to Neely and Dane’s break up becoming a major clusterfuck. Dane messed up in an epic way, changing both his and Neely’s lives forever. Was it unforgiveable? For me, no, but it was pretty damn close. It was bad, and I could completely understand Neely’s pain and why she fled and stayed away for so long, and I actually wouldn’t blame her for avoiding him forever. But I could understand Dane’s reasoning and how things snowballed the way they did – especially with them both only being teenagers. And I could understand Dane’s feelings on his past – he’s so incredibly sorry for how much he hurt Neely, but he can’t regret the actions which gave him his daughter. It’s a messed up situation, but it shows the connection between the two of them that they are able to move on from their past and forge a new way forward.

Life is not about what happens to you, but how you react to it.

I loved this book, and was hooked from start to finish. I would have liked to have seen more of them actually together and experiencing a relationship as adults – especially considering the depth of their feelings and the major life decisions which hang on their brief time together. But I thought their reconnection was just gorgeous, and can’t wait to continue on with the series.

4.5 stars.
This is the first in a new series for the author.  We meet the town folks of Dogwood Lane and get to see a chance for second chance romance between Dane and Neely.

Neely heads home because she is in between jobs.  Dane has never gotten over Neely. Neither are very sure that they should take a chance on mending their hearts.  They separated for dumn teenage reasons. Once you can get past that, the adult versions of this couple are able to look at things more rationally.

I liked that this was a bit of a slow burn.  I really liked many of the secondary characters and look forward to seeing them again. I was happy there was very little angst and a fair bit of humor.

Good start to a series. Looking forward to reading more!
I love these second chance, small town romances that this author writes. Its like she is living it as she writes it. This author has a way to suck me in and keep me cheering throughout wanting the H to get what he wants...I know, I know most want to see the h get her HEA but this author writes men that makes me fall absolutely in love with them.
4.5 Stars

Tumble by Adriana Locke is the first book in the all new series Dogwood Lane. All I can say is wowwwww!  I could not put it down for the life of me! Ms. Locke has an extraordinary way with words that catapults you into her fictional worlds and you never want to come back out. Tumble was an amazing second chance romance full of forgiveness, and friendship, and love.

After quitting her job, Neely returns to her hometown lost and needing to find her purpose. She hasn't been back to Tennessee in a decade. She figures she’d go home for a few days and then be back in NYC with a brand new job. What she doesn’t count on is running into her ex, Dane. He broke her heart in so many ways and she’s never fully recovered. Neely doesn’t know what the future holds but she tries to tell herself Dane is not part of it. But what happens when she learns the truth of why he did what he did? Will they both be able to move past it?

I loved this story sooo much! I felt so many emotions while reading it. Dane and Neely were two amazing characters that were well developed and their chemistry was hot as hell!! I am so excited to see what’s next! Highly recommend reading this book!
Love this author and she never disappoints!  I devoured this book in a day!  I cannot wait for the next book in this series!!!  Absolute must read!!