The Last

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 06 May 2019

I enjoyed this emotional romcom. It was a rollercoaster ride all the way until the end.
At first I wasn't sure about Ian but he grew on me the further I got.
Sarah was a great character who kept me laughing throughout.
I cried at times and I snorted laughing at times. That's how you know a book is good, when you can feel many different emotions throughout.
I was unable to put this one down. Thank you for the opportunity to review. I look forward to reading more by this author.
This story was sexy and funny and of course we got to spend time with our friends we’ve come to love through this series and at the front of everything were Sarah and Ian. I loved how the story started and then the doorbell rings and we’re along for the ride with Sarah and Ian, their banter made me laugh and it was like they never missed a beat from the last time they were together. I also really enjoyed that we got to visit some of our other favorite characters from another series by Tawna Fenske in this book, that was pretty cool. This was truly a great book and the ending was totally Sarah and Ian especially the way he recreated their past in his ‘dorm room’ and of course how could you not be in love with Junie. I didn’t want this book to end.
As someone who is a fan of author Tawna Fenske, I found The Last to be a fun, light-hearted comedy with plenty of heat.

The idea that two friends would remember a decade old pact sets the stage as Sarah prepares to hit a milestone birthday. There’s no denying the heat between Sarah and Ian. I especially enjoyed the scenes with Sarah’s friends, especially Junie from the group home Sarah manages for adults with Down Syndrome. The author does a tremendous job highlighting Junie as a capable, loving person.

As Sarah and Ian try to make a go of a marriage of convenience with a lengthy engagement, the couple finds there is a fine line between being besties and falling in love. While they can readily admit to a connection, there’s something about the word “love” that has Ian backing away. The scenes between them demonstrate the messy displays of emotion. It takes almost losing it all for them to realize marriage is much more than a logic-based proposition.

The journey to discover the value of love was well worth it in this story.
A casual relationship gets serious when they're getting closer to 30 and try to think logically instead of with their hearts. But then, of course, their hearts start to take over.  Such a cute story and I would love to read more by this author.
Sarah was sure she’d be married by 30. Husband, kids, the kick-ass career. she assumed she’d have it all, and there’d be no need to fall back on the marriage pact she made with her best pal from college. She calls him up and what she doesn't expect is him to remember, and propose they go for it.
Their friendship is stronger than ever, and the sexual chemistry is off the charts.
But is that enough to make a marriage work, or will one of them fall hard and end up brokenhearted?

I really enjoyed this book. There is a perfect mix of romance, drama & comedy, with an off the charts steam level. Sarah & Ian are easy to love. I found myself rooting for them from their very first conversation.
This book was really sweet but it is also dealing with though subjects like divorce, death of a sibling and handicapped siblings. I think this is the last book in the series. The first three book are about three sisters and “The last” is about their best friend Sarah.
Sarah was sure when she turns thirty she would be married with kids. But that did not happen. The day she turns thirty she writes to her college best friend Ian and he asks her if she remembers their pact from college. That when they turn thirty and they are not married or in long term relationships they would marry each other. He then turns up at her apartment and proposes to her because he needs a wife to secure him his dream job. But she cannot fall in love with him since he is not capable of loving someone and she has to tell him if her feelings changes so they can drop the marriage. But what happens when two best friends shares a past and a now, can they agree on a future together or is love going to ruin it all?
I really liked the main characters but Ian is very stuck in his head, he is very proud and he is sure he can close of his heart and say that love is not aloud in his life. You can be best friends, be married, have sex and so on without mixing love into it. Well you can but what kind of a marriage would that be? And with the chemistry they share that would be very though to maintain.
I can definitely recommend this book and you can read it as a stand-alone which I did without missing much.
This was okay for me. The writing flowed well, although at the beginning of the story it was a little confusing. I haven't read any of the other books in this series, and there were a lot of names and situations thrown around that I just didn't get. Ian and Sarah reconnect after 10 years and after that, the relationship between them progresses quickly. They had great chemistry though. I did get tired of Ian's "I can't do a relationship". I wanted to smack him a couple of different times. I felt like his turn around happened rather suddenly, and I would have liked for him not to have held on to that belief for the whole book. The ending was sweet, and of course they got their HEA. Although this was a first for me from this author, I will be giving her another read.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced readers copy of this book.
Sara and Ian has good chemistry and some really good laugh out loud moments. I enjoy a book 10 times more if it can make me laugh.  I haven’t read the previous 2 but after reading this one I will definitely be giving them a go!
This was a sweet, short story with plenty of erotica peppered into a beautiful love story.

Turning 30 and still single leads Sarah and Her college best friend, Ian, to follow through on a marriage pact they made when they were 19.

Only problem is, Ian’s heart broke when he lost his younger brother so he’s decided to never love anyone ever again. He thinks a business arrangement is the beat way to find a wife, and who better than his best friend? The more time they spend together, though, the more Sarah realizes she can’t spend her life without his love in return.
The Last by Tawna Fenske not only packed an emotional punch, but it also had me laughing out loud. It takes a special writer to balance heavy emotion with comic relief and Ms. Fenske not only does it, she does it well. College best friends who made a “marriage pact” find themselves both unattached at that magical age of 30 and despite their differing views on love and marriage, find that even without seeing each other in years, their friendship is stronger and ever not to mention new found chemistry.

Early on in this book I wasn’t sure I was going to like the hero, Ian Nolan, very much. He was detached and emotionally unavailable, yet there was something about him that intrigued me. It was obvious that his parent’s divorce and his brother’s death had impacted him greatly at a crucial time in his life and he made an emotional and irrational decision to never love anyone again because all it caused was heartache and pain, but from the minute he reconnected with Sarah Keating, I could see past that hard outer shell and I knew inside was a man who needed love in his life almost as much as the air he needed to live.

There is nothing I love more in a romance that a strong, self made, caring heroine who is comfortable in her own skin and that describes Sarah perfectly. She is smart and compassionate and it is easy to see her career of working with adults with Down syndrome is extremely important to her. While she is happy that her friends have found wonderful men and she is a bit jealous that at 30 she hasn’t managed to find the right guy, she is determined to find him.

I loved the fact that Sarah and Ian reconnect right at their birthdays and that they both recall the pact they made in college. While I was concerned that Sarah wasn’t thinking rationally about Ian’s reasons they should marry, I also felt that deep down Ian wanted more he just wouldn’t allow himself to admit it. It was fun watching them remember their past together, enjoying learning each other as the adults they’ve become and moving from “just friends” to lovers. Ms. Fenske never disappoints in the sexy times and The Last is smoking hot in that department. While the plot had a lot of different threads woven throughout, none of those threads detracted from the romance between Sarah and Ian.

I laughed, I cried, I got a bit hot and bothered, and I’m sure I giggle-snorted a time or two all of which made The Last a completely entertaining and wonderful romance.
An emotionally frozen man shows up on his college besties door on her 30th birthday to complete a marriage pact they made years ago.

While they decide to have a business marriage their chemistry is off the charts. The sexy times burns the pages!  And you know it will turn to love.

This was a quick fun read and makes me want to read the others in the series.
Sarah reaches out to her college friend, Ian, on their 30th birthday. Not only does Ian respond but he shows up at her place and they renew not only their friendship but explore the romantic sparks between them. Without giving away too much of this book I loved the way Tawna brought in the secondary characters who had Down’s Syndrome.
I voluntarily read and review an advanced copyof The Last.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Good book!  This one was on a roll from beginning to end.  The plot was predictable, but in the most wonderful ways.  The clinical situation created by the marriage of convenience ideation between Sarah and Ian caused me to both smile and cry.  This novel illicited real emotional connections through these flawed and lovable characters.  I will happily read from this author again.

Thank you to NetGalley and Tawna Fenske for the ARC!!!
Hands down one of my favorite friends to lovers romance stories...and I'm hard to please, because this is my favorite trope! Sarah and Ian are magical and so cute together, you can’t help but fall under their spell and want their “marriage of convenience” to morph into the real hearts and flowers, soulmate union.
Yes, I wanted to smack them both at times, but that just made to story more real to this reader. I would have liked to have seen Ian’s mom a bit more, since she seems like a real flower child kinda gal...so very different from her grown up son (but maybe not her college aged Ian).
Fenske’s classic humorous dialogue is evident throughout the book, but I think there’s a bit more seriousness to this story, which I really felt made a nice juxtaposition within the plot. It actually might be my favorite book of hers thus far!
I received this book as an ARC through #Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and given of my own free will.

Another new and promising author for me. Is this a predictable love story?  Yes...  Is it really good?  YES!

It’s not just your typical second chance romance. It’s a story of two people who were close friends in college, then life took them in different directions. Gather back up later in life, again as friends and see where it goes. There is a reason things don’t always go the way we want when we are young.

Some drama of course, because they aren’t going to fall in love during their business arrangement, in fact one of them isn’t capable of it, but again things don’t always go how we expect.

Good read and an author that I am looking forward to reading more of!
Ian and Sarah made a pact if they were not married by a certain age they would get married. When she sends him a text after tying one on Ian shows up on her door step with a solution that they get married but will this fulfill her getting married to her best or cause problems neither can see? Ian and Sarah will have you cheering for them as they find their way. Ian is someone you would hope to end up with as your life partner I truly enjoyed his outlook. I voluntarily agreed to receive an ARC of this book for an honest review.
Loved it.  Tawna Fenske has a great story telling mind & a great sense of humour. Sarah & Ian make a great couple, with heat hot enough to scorch the pages. I loved their history of being best friends making a special pact concerning their thirtieth birthday & marriage.  I enjoyed the journey from marriage of convenience to marriage of the heart & I loved Junie.  I hope that we’ll see more of her.....hopefully this isn’t the last book.
The Last by Tawna Fenske is book three in her The List series. The previous books are The List and The Test. Every book is about another couple and can easily be read as a standalone.
The Last is Sarah and Ian's story.
Sarah Keating is a 30 year old single woman who had her life all planned out. But nothing came true, she's still single, childless, dadada. She has great friends and a drunk text brings her back in contact with her college crush, Ian.
Ian Nolan is an aquaintance of Sarah, but when he gets a text from her he's intrigued.
The Last is a witty read, well written with great characters. A rom/com of it's finest. I liked the unique story and the writing and give 4 beautiful stars.
This is the 3rd book in The List series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. To avoid spoilers, and to understand the series, I recommend reading in order.

Sarah is facing a benchmark birthday. Being surrounded by her friends getting married and having someone special, she is noticing that being single in her life might not be where she wants to be. Then he came back.

Ian and Sarah made a pact in college to be there for one another if they were still single at the 30th year mark. Now with the year here - and they are both single - they discuss with real intent what it means to both of them. What they could have may burn the pages......

Seriously hot, as only this great author can be, this story starts the burn right at the beginning with one of the hottest men in book history knocking on the door. Such an amazing story, that only adds to a great series.

***This copy was given in exchange for an honest review, by Netgalley and its publisher.
This book wasn't as magical as the other books in the series. I really liked the heroine but could never really got a good sense of who the hero was. He seemed nice and charming but then his job saw him a while different way. This was a quick enjoyable read though