Cover Image: The Last

The Last

I have to say that I utterly enjoyed this book it was so funny. So we meet Sarah who had made a bet or promise with her best friend Ian that if they were not both married at the age of 30 they would marry each other. (yes you know where I am going) So on Sarah's birthday, Ian shows up and then the funniness ensues..The only thing that I regretted about this book was that I did not read the previous one, but I will remedy that..Enjoy!
Sarah and Ian are one of the most fun couples I have read in awhile. This unusual arrangement seems sensible at first, but can emotions ever really be ignored? There is so much humor, sexy romance, and heartwarming moments in this book. This is my first book by this author and I will definitely be going back for more!
"Oh my God, I'm kissing Ian Nolan." Sarah & Ian were college buddies, who haven't seen each other in 10 years, and now, all she wants to do is kiss him! Their deal - if they weren't married by the time they turned 30, they would marry each other. Seems like a reasonable arrangement.

Sarah & Ian think this arrangement could actually work. But, one or both may be catching some feelings....
This was such a cute story, it was fast paced but it didn’t take away from the storyline. Sarah turns 30 and doesn’t have the life she expected to and she recalls a pact her and her old college friend Ian had made to each other. We get to see if an emotionally stunted Ian can make things work with the woman who was his best friend in a mutually business like marriage. It was cute and I loved the job Sarah had, the storyline with Shane, and of course Junie.
So it was cute, quick and easy to read. And I thought Sarah was a well written character.  But Ian, not so much for me. He felt almost robotic, and not in the way the author intended, as a person trying to avoid emotion, but devoid of personality and not "real". His POV sections were all the same,no, I can not feel emotions, emotions are bad (I'm hearing it in a robot voice). So while I liked it overall, I kept getting yanked out of my happy place by Ian.
The Last by Tawna Fenske is Book 3 of the List Series. This book is part of a series, however it reads as a standalone. This was the first of the series I’ve read and had no problems with starting here. The author does a wonderful job of bringing new readers current without a massive information dump to get us up to speed.

Best friends-to-lovers is a fav type of read for me and whew does Ms. Fenske do it right! I loved the chemistry between Ian and Sarah and best yet was how even after all the years apart they fell right back into their friendship as if they had never parted and ten years had not passed them by. This was a sweet and sexy read with plenty of laugh-out-loud moments that had me hooked.

Please note that an ARC was generously provided in exchange for an honest review of which this is both honest and completely voluntary.
Funny, emotional, includes reindeer...

I LOVED Ian and Sarah's second chance story! They had been the best of friends in college. They shared hopes, dreams, family. It all ended suddenly and abruptly. No drama, no arguments, Ian was suddenly, gone... Years later, a birthday-infused promise meant a casual greeting steamrolled into marriage in 2 point nothing seconds. Hot, quietly manic with no melodrama, what happened next was....

Perfect. I loved these characters who cared so much for each other. From sweetly holding hands one minute to cheek-blushing reckless abandon the next, they were just so good together. They made each other happy and that just leaped from each page. They made each other smile just because and I couldn't help but smile along with them. When things started to go south I was right there with them, agonizing over it all..

Their story was made even better by an epilogue that is one of the best I've ever read. Packed with every emotion, heartfelt without being overdone, I cried and was, surprisingly for me, so darn happy while I did it...

*I happily reviewed this book (even though it made me cry)...
I adore Tawna Fenske and I'm a big fan of the "marriage of convenience" trope, so The Last should have been a major hit for me . . . and it was. I loved it! It was funny and cute and sexy and sweet—basically, it checked off all the boxes that make me want to read and re-read a book. This series has been a lot of fun and I'm sorry to see it end, yet nevertheless excited for whatever comes next for this author. Highly recommend!
This was a sweet and emotional read and I loved both Sarah and Ian. I really enjoyed the aspect that they were best friends before getting it to a relationship it was very sweet!

This book had some humorous elements to it and I laughed at a lot of parts. I would definitely recommend this book it was amazing!
I loved this book! Characters from prior books, friends to lovers, all sorts of goodness!! Ian is convinced he can never love because he's still heartbroken over his late brother's death and his parents destructive marriage. Sarah has reached her 30th birthday and tells herself she's happy. But despite a depressing example from her parents, she still believes in love. They have been friends since college and made a silly pact to marry if they were still single at 30. A little drunken texting and Ian finds himself on Sarah's doorstep. And the humor, sweetness, steaminess, and a few mistakes lead to their happy ever after. I love that we get to revisit past couples! I received a review copy. I am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Another great story where I laughed so hard I cried and cried so hard my head hurt. Ian and Sarah were always meant to be, but grief and loss can be a strong deterrent to feel the good feelings of love. However, trust and faith win over. Love these characters and of course sweet Junie who makes the world so much better. I received this arc for an honest review.
4.5 Stars!
I'm starting this review a little backwards. The stunning epilogue was the perfect capper to Ian And Sarah's romance, as well as the interconnected 3-book series. I even got a little misty-eyed. While this author's women's fiction (ie. Now That It's You, At the Heart of It) are my favorite, these quicker paced rom-coms give me my needed fill until the next release. They also manage to have some hidden depth and poignancy that I equally love from her longer fiction. Like all of her books, the character's are people I would love to have in my life - authentically real. And like every hero before Ian, I think that this one has become my favorite yet. As for the sexy, I think this one has exceeded all previous expectations. IT WAS SEXY! This was a friends-to-lover's romance that delivered on all fronts from an author that has never disappointed.
A very entertaining read! When Sarah celebrates her 30th birthday she can't help but reminisce about her college-friend Ian Nolan. They once made a pact to marry each other should they reach the age of 30 single. And behold: Ian is in town, remembers the pact and knocks on her door! Because of things in Ian's past, he wants to marry Sarah and look at it as a marriage of convenience. But Sarah doesn't want to give up on the possibility of love.

Tawna always writes good stories. There is also a lot of humor in this one and I liked the story about Ian's brother with Down's Syndrome and how this connected to Sarah's current job.
Sarah Keating was sure she’d be married by 30. Husband, kids, the kick-ass career helping adults with Down Syndrome—she assumed she’d have it all, and there’d be no need to fall back on the marriage pact she made with her best pal from college but a tipsy message she sends from her birthday party brings Ian Nolan.

As Sarah and Ian test drive their marriage-of-convenience, they navigate awkward business dinners, a slippery steam room hookup, and a costume party gone awry. Their friendship is stronger than ever, and the sexual chemistry is off the charts but is that enough to make a marriage work, or will one of them fall hard and end up brokenhearted?

This book has it all, humorous characters, risqué romance, and a heartwarming love story with a quirky twist! It's a cute and steamy series. I really enjoyed the writing style and loved the characters.

Thank you #NetGalley for the ARC of #TheLast
Pub Date: 04 Feb 2019
This was a fun read! It's a somewhat familar story...two friends promise that if they aren't married by 30 that they will marry each other. Watching Nolan and Sarah try to figure out if they can do this...without love...was a fun read!  I haven't read the first 2 books in this standalone series but will go back and read them now!
The Last is the third novel in the List series by Tawna Fenske.

These two characters made a drunken deal with her bff that they would marry each other at the age of 30 if they arr not married already.

It is fun, steamy and heartbreaking, i liked it but didn't love it, i didn't not realise at the time that it was part of a series. A series that have characters from previous books in this one.
I devoured this amazing story. Captivated and totally enthralled I did not put this book down. Tawna's writing is flawless and the story she spilled out onto the pages was from the beyond. Holy nuts it's that good.
The story is about Sarah and Ian who have been friends forever and in college made one of those drunk deals that if neither were married at 30 they'd marry each other. Right. Sarah never saw herself unmarried with her 30th approaching but she's got a job she loves, she's independent and tired of bad dates. Ian's successful and a sworn bachelor, no emotions and on total lockdown. When he comes to see Sarah around her birthday she's a little surprised and even more surprised that Ian has come to collect on their bet. He's got his own reasons and offers Sarah a deal. Ian needs an arm charm. He's trying to land a contract with a company that has a strong base in the stability of their workers. Ian sees marriage as the final nudge that will get him this job he really wants. Sarah is put off at first, after being handed a file folder of papers from Ian... she waffles. And wow does she waffle.
Ian isn't pushy or obnoxious and he's honest. There's something to be said for that. They know each other well and their own issues. Through some of the finest writing I've seen a a long time, the story unfolds with emotion, ups and downs, a twist or two and plenty of steam to generate a small city.
I am leaving this hang here. This book is an absolute must read and I can't babble enough about how much I loved it. I didn't want it to end. I just didn't.
Thank you Tawna! Freaking amazing!

arc from NetGalley and Entangled for an honest review
The Last is adorable. I love the pact between Ian and Sarah. They have amazing chemistry that you can't deny. Ian is a little broken and through most of the read you wonder if he is ever going to change. Sarah is so caring. I love that she works with adults with Down Syndrome. She fits right in with Cassie, Lisa and Missy who you've met in the previous two books. You feel for Ian and hope he can open his heart fully. Sarah and Ian are so amazing together. You will giggle a bit through this one. This is one amazing romcom filled with heart. I love that Junie is apart of every book. You really need to read not only this book but this whole series.
I was waiting for this book and I was soooooo excited! I really tried to read this book but the text to speech didn't work?! I sat down numerous times to read but I'm so used to reading and listening that it was just to hard to do! sorry I'm sure it's a great book from what I've read! Thank you Netgalley and the publishers for sharing this book with me!
**Copy Provided by Netgalley and Entangled Publishing LLC, for an honest review**

I have really enjoyed this book even through i have not read the previous books in the series, you can certainly read it as a stand alone.

Both Sarah and Ian were friends college and made a pact that if they were still single when they are 30 they would marry each other.  On Sarah's thirtieth birthday she is single and having a small part with her close friends she texts Ian only to have a surprise.  Instead of being in New York he in only 10 minutes away and turns up at her door.

Both come from broken homes, but after the death of his brother, Ian has hardened his heart and feels he cannot love in the way most people do.

After Ian introduces a contact marriage, where the only thing missing is the love aspect they embarg on a small trial period before they decide to tie the knot.  Friendships deepen and we see more of the Ian he thinks is not there until Sarah drops a bomb.

We get a happy ending and good friendships along with good supportive characters.  I really enjoyed this book.