Cover Image: I Know You

I Know You

Wow i got sucked right into this story. I loved the characters, the plot, the suspense, the weird muliple point of view of the mystery watcher i found really added to my love of the story. I also enjoyed how social media played a big part in the storyline because it is so relevant in our everyday lives. It really reminds me that people are overly trusting about what they share on social media. This was my first book by Annabel Kantaria that ive read but I'll definitely be checking get others out.

I Know you is a story about love, trust, friendship, betrayal and lies. Taylor and Jake married with a baby on the way move from the US to the UK for Jakes work. However he travels a lot and Taylor finds herself lonely and wanting to meet friends. Taylor joins a walking club and a neighbor book club. You think that would be safe, But can you ever really be sure. Taylor really starts to bud her friendship with Anna, also new to town and pregnant. Weird things start happening to Anna and she suspects the creepy guy from walking group is the one behind it. Taylor finally gives birth and her new best friend Anna is there for her every step of the way. Anna thinks Taylor might have post partum depression and suggests they take a trip to the states to visit her parents and get some extra assistance because Jake has gone back to work. This is where the story gets intense and unable to put down. Taylor goes to the bathroom before the flight and when she comes out her new baby and best friend are missing. Will Taylor discover what happened to her baby is her husband who he desired he is. You really need to read this one to find out what happens in this crazy twist of an ending.

I would like to thank Crooked Lane Books and netgalley for a copy in exchange for and honest review.

My review will also be on my Instagram www.instagram.com/teatime_with_a_book and goodreads
I really liked this book. It kept me in suspense the whole way through! Definitely worth the read! The reason I'm giving it 3 stars is because of how rushed the ending was. It was such a huge lead up to be wrapped up all at once.
This captivating and timely psychological thriller will have you looking over your shoulder and second-guessing your social media sharing.  The book is from the point of view of Taylor, who is pregnant and has recently moved to England from California, interspersed with notes from an unknown stalker. Who is being stalked? Who can be trusted? This is my first official book of June because I stayed up past midnight to finish it in one sitting.  The ending struck a little bit of a bad note with me so I give this a 4.5 rounded to 5 stars.

Thanks to NetGalley, Crooked Lane Books, and the author Annabel Kantaria for an advanced digital review copy. This book will be published June 21, 2019.
I really enjoyed this clever and creepy thriller and it's intense characters! Taylor, who tells the story, is pregnant, in a shaky marriage and has just moved to a whole new country. She joins a book club and walking group to meet people and to make friends.. but how well does anyone really know their friends? Every character is this one is questionable!

Although the story is from Taylor's POV, there are intense bits from a social media stalker also. In the beginning, you think you have the stalker and stalked figured out, but with this books characters and twists, you find yourself questioning this throughout and wanting to read on to find out! Who is the stalker and who is the stalked?

A great thriller revolving around social media, what you post and who is reading it. The entire book captures you and makes you want to read on to see what's going to happen, and then the last 25% is just gripping! I did feel that the ending of the book and the ending to Taylor's story (although a good one for her) was a bit rushed and easy, but the rest of the reading is well worth it!

Thank you to NetGalley, Crooked Lane Books and Annabel Kantaria for this ARC in exchange for an honest review. These opinions are my own.
Not my favorite, not bad just not for me. Wasn't a quick page Turner and felt alittle off. Didnt love the characters or the story.
Thank you to NetGalley for an advanced read in exchange for this review.

I really enjoyed this book. I could not figure out who the stalker was targeting, so it made it even more interesting. I did not like the end at all though. I do not think when someone that close to you dies that you are able to move on just like that. I did not understand that at all. Overall, a great book with lots of twists and turns to keep you guessing.
In this thriller, no one is what they seem. Taylor is pregnant and lonely after moving from California to rainy England. Her husband is always traveling and she’s desperate to make friends. She starts meeting new people but with these friends, who needs enemies! One of them comes on to Taylor’s husband, another one is rude, one more is creepy. Only Anna seems normal. She’s also pregnant and has tons in common with Taylor, including an absent hubby. When Taylor’s husband starts acting strangely, Anna is her only comfort. But Anna has a dark past and may have a stalker, which could end up affecting Taylor. I have to say that I was engrossed in the story, even if the main twist didn’t seem too original (I’ve read two other novels recently where something similar happens). The characters are well-developed, even if none of them are likable. Especially Taylor… she’s in crisis and something horrific has happened and she… washes her face and combs her hair? I’d be out in my pajamas! Then again, that’s part of the character’s traits and why I didn’t like her too much. Still, we don’t always like everyone in real life so it works with the story.
I chose to read this book and all opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased. Thank you, NetGalley/Crooked Lane Books!
4 super strong stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I Know You is a fantastic, edge-of-your-seat psychological thriller with a fast paced storyline that kept me flipping the pages with lightning speed!  Seriously, I was not bored once while reading this book. I read it pretty quick (fast for me) and couldn’t wait to find out what happened. Full of suspense, twists, turns and STALKING - everything I love in a thriller!

Although I had my suspicions about who the stalker was (it could’ve been any of the shady, unlikeable characters), the ending was jaw dropping, surprising and very satisfying!

I Know You really makes you think twice about your social media presence, what you post online and the consequences that could result from “oversharing”.

#fullofhashtags
#creepy
#canttrustanyone
#highlyrecommend

Thanks so much to NetGalley, Crooked Lane Books and Annabel Kantaria for the advanced copy to read and review.
Jake & Taylor Watson recently moved from California to his hometown of Croydon, England in order to start a new life.  But Taylor is finding life in the London suburbs a little harder to adjust to than expected, so she joins a walking group & a book club in an attempt to make friends.  While the characters were nicely developed, I didn’t find any of them to be particularly likeable.  Taylor came off as desperate & Jake has already been unfaithful.

As Taylor gets to know her new friends, things begin to seem a little off with each of them & strange things begin to happen to Taylor.  Little does one of the group know, but someone is using their avid social media presence against her.  I enjoyed that Kantaria didn’t reveal who the internet stalker was after until the end, it make the book so much more suspenseful!  She did a great job of evoking the paranoia that comes with being stalked & worrying about who you can truly trust.  I was disappointed by the big twist at the end, as it felt a little contrived & not entirely original.

Thank you to Crooked Lane Books and Netgalley for the arc in exchange for an honest review.
I Know You # NetGalley
Annabel Kantaria
⭐️⭐️⭐️

Another psychological thriller, but one that is, in my opinion, only as good as 3 stars. The characters are okay, but I found that I could not connect with them on an emotional level. The storyline just plods along, wraps up everything quickly and abruptly ends. As a reader, I find it not a very satisfying ending. This is the first book I have read by this author. I hope her next book will have more satisfying content to it.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for an advanced read copy of this book for an honest review. ⭐️⭐️⭐️
4.5 stars.

I Know You by Annabel Kantaria is an absolutely riveting psychological thriller.

Taylor Watson and her husband Jake have recently relocated from California to the London suburbs. Jake  travels frequently for work which leaves his pregnant wife lonely and at loose ends. In an effort to make friends, Taylor joins a walking club where she meets slightly offbeat Simon and another pregnant woman, Anna Jones. In addition to her new friendship with Anna, Taylor has also recently joined a book club formed by her neighbor Sarah. The only other member of their book club, Caroline Hughes-Smith, is a bit distant while Sarah is open and maybe a little too friendly especially when it comes to Jake.  Since Anna’s husband  is based in Qatar, she and Taylor support one another as their pregnancies progress. Unbeknownst to Taylor, someone is keeping very close tabs on her social media posts and in fact, knows intimate details of her life and her marriage.  What possible reason could this cyberstalker be watching Taylor so intently?

Taylor is a little desperate to make a connection with someone in her new life.   Her marriage hit a rough spot right before their move to London and she cannot shake off her suspicions about Jake as he travels for business. So she is quite relieved when she and Anna become such close friends.  Taylor also surprisingly enjoys spending time with Simon even though she suspects his interest in her goes beyond friendship.  She is happy with her growing social circle, but Taylor begins to distrust Sarah after she is a little too touchy feely with Jake.  Caroline holds everyone at arms’ length, but  Taylor is heartbroken on her friend’s behalf after she confides a heart wrenching  secret. But Anna is the person whom Taylor trusts implicitly and relies upon without reservation.

Interspersed with events playing out in the present are chapters written from an unknown person’s perspective. These entries are almost benign at first but it soon becomes clear that their enmity toward Taylor is becoming more and more vicious. With plenty of new people in her life, could one of them be the one who harbors such animosity towards her?

I Know You is a mesmerizing and suspenseful thriller with a topical storyline that will leave readers uneasily reflecting on their social media posts. Taylor’s heavy foreshadowing that something goes terribly wrong in her life keeps the pages turning at a blistering pace. The fast moving storyline is engrossing and there is a vast suspect pool which makes it impossible to know for certain who has it in for Taylor. With a series of utterly jaw-dropping twists and turns, Annabel Kantaria brings this thriller to a dramatic conclusion. I thoroughly enjoyed and highly recommend this suspense-laden novel to readers of the genre.
I added I Know You to my to-read list last year when it was released in the UK, so I was really excited to read it now that it's releasing in the US! The book starts off with a chapter detailing an unknown person printing and laminating pictures of another unknown person, and I was immediately hooked.

Our main character, Taylor, is pregnant and new to the city she lives in, and just wants to make new friends. She joins a walking group and hits it off with several of the members, so a lot of the story follows Taylor in her day to day life, but each chapter ends with a message from someone stalking her. This person knows details of her past, and is clearly watching her. I was curious to see how these things would connect by the end of the book. I really loved how Taylor's character was developed, and I enjoyed reading about her new friendships. As someone who relocated to a new city as an adult, I can really relate to her struggle to make friends.

I Know You held my attention the entire time, and I had a hard time putting it down! I was dying to find out the ending. I had some theories about how the book would end, but definitely didn't figure everything out. Several of the thrillers I've read lately had disappointing endings (in my opinion), so I was so happy that I absolutely loved the ending of this one!

I rated this one 5/5 stars, and definitely recommend it for fans of domestic suspense books, or books that involve an element of stalking (which are my favorites!). The US release for I Know You is June 21, 2019, so mark your calendars! I'd like to thank Crooked Lane Books for my copy of the novel. It was my pleasure to provide an honest review.
A quick psychological thriller read that was filled with hashtags that felt relevant to the huge social media platform we are all aware of today. #nomnom #newfriends #reading

The story had a creepy feel and one of the characters husband claimed that her three best friends were "Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram." I had the feeling that something sinister was coming, but wasn't sure which character was the culprit.

Some twists and unexpected turns made this a steady read, however, the conclusion left me feeling a little underwhelmed. Honestly, I enjoyed the build-up much much more than the ending.

I would recommend to fans of the genre and thought it was a good one. I'll look out for more from this author.
3.5
*** 5 Stars ***
Publication Date: June 21, 2019

ALL THE STARS!!!! I needed this after being in a little reading slump and I could not put this down. The writing was perfect; extremely descriptive, enthralling, without being too wordy.
Taylor is pregnant and recently moved to London with her husband who was recently unfaithful and she is desperate to make new friends. She ends up making two friends through a walking group, Anna and Simon. She also joins a book club adding Caroline and Sarah to the mix.
My favorite thing about this was between some chapters there were these "I know you" chapters where you could tell some crazy was watching someone and knew some very intimate details, but you don't know who is being watched or who is doing the watching.
I won't go into any details because I don't do spoilers. I love when I'm blown away by an ending after thinking I have it figured out.. Highly recommend when this publishes June 21, 2019.

Special thanks to NetGalley and HQ for allowing me an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I ended up really liking this book- it was a little bit slow to start but picked up pretty early and kept my interest. It had a lot of twists and turns and red herrings.  It wAs quite the page turner. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a free copy in exchange for review.
I really liked the plot. It was a twist I didn't see coming until it happened.  If my child was ever taken from me like that I would lose my mind.
I'm rating this a 4.5/5 stars.
This was a pretty good read. The mystery surrounding the 2nd voice of the story kept me intrigued. I wanted to know whether this person was talking about Taylor or Anna when they were saying that they "knew" them. To provide some constructive criticism here, there was only one thing that bugged me with this story... Taylor was from the United States and hadn't been in the UK long enough to pick up their dialogue and slang/lingo. When she was speaking or thinking, I believe that the author should have left her voice as being American and not European. That bugged me throughout the story, but it didn't take away from the story either.

The story itself is pretty entertaining and exposes the dangers behind social media. People are always in such a hurry to post the intimate details of their everyday lives. This ranges from pictures of their children to their engagements, new jobs, or going out of town. Lots of times, people do not believe that their oversharing of their lives, events, locations, etc. is providing too much information online, but in essence, it really is. You can never be too careful and you never know who's watching your tweets, minding your Facebook timeline or living for your Instagram posts. You never know who is watching your every keystroke closely and secretly wishing that they were you and were living your life. While I understand that Taylor was pregnant and lonely due to her husband's frequent travel, she shouldn't have been so careless and naïve, but then again, if she hadn't of been so trusting, we wouldn't have this suspenseful story to read. This story is full of characters who love to overshare information, those who tell lies as if they're breathing air, those who are manipulators and those who are pure, flat out crazy.

Thank you to the author and NetGalley for the read. I look forward to seeing what this author comes up with next.
This book had me from page 1! A great page turner, left me wanting to know What Happens Next?!?
The storyline of being in a new home, with a never-there husband is so relatable. So many of us rely on social media to fill the lonely gaps. Of course no one expects it to lead to a stalker!

And the strangle boring, lonely days of life with a newborn! I remember it all to well. Taylor behaved as any of us would, under the circumstances.
I love this author's writing style.  The dialogue isn't awkward, the flow is perfect, and the characters really come to life.  I'm dating a pilot, and we recently relocated to another state, so I really relate to Taylor and Anna's loneliness.  The author sets up a slow build for suspense and a big reveal, and her writing style keep me intrigued even though very little really happened until about seventy percent in.  My one criticism is the ending.  Too quick, too final, and the author missed a perfect chance to bring back the rest of the characters who were ultimately innocent of the crime.
This book kept me guessing to the point where I stayed up all night to finish it. There are so many twists, turns, and red herrings that at some point everyone was a suspect. They all have secrets, flaws, and lies they tell themselves. I really felt bad for Taylor; pregnant and virtually alone in a new country, trying desperately to make friends, build a new life, and rebuild a broken marriage. The role social media played in the story was terrifying and terrifyingly realistic. I would definitely recommend this book and read more from this author.