I Know You

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 28 May 2019

Wow!! I Know You by Annabell Kantaria has got to be one of the most exciting reads so far this year!
As a passive social media user, I found this story to be so jarring yet so relatable in the sense that I see people posting the most trivial and pedestrian of things on social media that it starts to turn into a habit and ultimately into an obsession. The need to overshare your personal and private moments with strangers or acquaintances is something I don't understand, personally. Therefore this book to me was so amazing! Though its fiction, it can't get more accurate than this, on the perils of social media.
This plus the compelling storyline made this very hard to put down.  I highly recommend getting your hands on I Know You.

Thank You netgalley, the publishers and Annabell Kantaria for an arc
I Know You is a fabulous thriller that will keep you on your edge of your seat and keep you guessing to the very end. I hope to read more from this author.
The writing style just did not hold my attention. I was not able to get into this one.
I am sorry for the inconvenience but I
 lost interest in the concept.
Thank you for the opportunity!
A twisted domestic thriller in the vein of B. A. Paris and Shari Lapena that asks: How well do you know your friends?

That picture you posted?
I’ve seen it.
That location you tagged?
I’ve been there.
I know everything about your life . . .
And I’m going to destroy it.

A recent transplant from sunny California, life in the London suburbs is not what Taylor Watson expected. Far from the West End shops and city lights she imagined, she finds herself pregnant and lonely, with a husband frequently away on business and only social media to keep her company. It’s only after Taylor joins a book club and a walking group, that she finally starts to make some real-life friends.

Before long, Taylor’s hanging out with Anna, Sarah, Simon, and Caroline but, as her pregnancy progresses and her friendships blossom, a sense of unease develops. Nothing’s ever quite as it seems on the surface, and it soon becomes clear that Taylor’s new friends have secrets. One appears to be after Taylor’s husband, another’s always putting her down, and then there’s the question of Simon. Could he have feelings for Taylor?

But far more worryingly, one of the group’s not being too careful what they post on social media—and another is watching all too closely. Who’s stalking who . . . and why?

***  Thank you very much to NetGalley and the Publisher for an eARC for the advance of I Kow You.***

JUST OMG!! This book is full of twist and turns. It is a book you rush to finish. I did not see the crazy, nor had it figured out. Very clever! I say WOW, and more than 5 stars.
This is the first time I have read anything by this author and I was impressed by her book.  Another book that had a twist ending that you thought you figured out but was completely wrong.  I wouldn't say the book was different from others that I have read, but I enjoyed it very much, it kept my attention,.

First of all: I’m so disappointed! I liked this book right until the last 2 chapters. And then… wow. And this is not a good wow.

I read a lot of so-called domestic thrillers nowadays, there are plenty of them. This one was promising. Taylor and her husband Jake moved from the States (California) to London suburbs, so she lost all of her relationships, no family or friends she could talk to in person, Jake travels all the time because of his work, so pregnant Taylor got lonely in their new home and her only connection to the outside world is social media. To make new friends, she joins a walking group and a book club, she meets Anna, Sarah, Caroline and Simon. But these friendships are complicated and it seems like everybody has secrets…

Although the characters are flat and stereotypical, and I found out the main twist around the third of the book, it didn’t bore me, it was a quick read, and I liked it. BUT. What the hell was that last 2 chapters? WHAT? This was such a lame ending…! It’s so disappointing. It’s rushed, sloppy, and way to easy. The ending ruined everything for me.

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
A Riveting Thriller

Do you know your friends as well as you think you do? Before this novel is over you will be wondering and questioning how much of yourself you reveal on social media.

Taylor Watson, with her husband Jake, has just moved from California to the suburbs of London, Jake's original home. Alone in a new place Taylor discovers that it is not as exciting as she expected. She becomes lonely as Jake is often away on business. She sets out to make some friends and in attempting to do so she becomes a very active poster on social media. Soon pregnant, she joins a book club and a walking group. She becomes friends with Anna, Sarah, Caroline and Simon.

The main chapters written from Taylor's perspective are interspersed by other chapters offering comments from another person who is filled with bitterness and and appears to be seeking some form of revenge. As  her pregnancy advances Taylor begins to suspect her friends are not exactly what they appear to be. One is always criticizing her, another may be interested in her husband and then there is Simon who is a bit of a social loner but may be interested in her.

Taylor is being stalked by someone who intends her great harm. The denouement ties everything together in a way that reveals the hidden secrets in a rush.

A well written thriller that is quite enjoyable. I received a digital copy of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley.
Wow! As someone who is very active on social media, especially Instagram, this was exceptionally creepy!

Taylor, a California native, has moved with her husband back to his hometown of Croydon, England, and is struggling to make friends. She has always lived her life through social media-constantly uploading little snippets of her life, be it where she goes for her honeymoon, for dinner, even her new baby’s crib and clothes. Sounds like most of us, right? When she joins a walking group in her neighborhood, she’s so lonely, homesick, and desperate for interaction she tries to get one of the girls, Anna, to like her, instantly. Slowly, Anna warms up to her, but Simon, also seemingly desperate for friendship, is constantly around Taylor and he gives Anna the creeps. Slowly, Anna and Taylor become best friends, as they have a lot in common-they’re both pregnant, their husbands both work out of town frequently, they both used to be airline cabin crew, and they’re both lonely and looking for friendship. Anna also shares a lot of her life online, especially Instagram, and Taylor is delighted when some of the hashtags Anna posts are about #newfriends! She clings to this, and it really hurts when Anna reschedules their plans, which is frequent.

Aside from the walking group, Taylor also joins a book club where she meets Caroline and Sarah. There are a lot of characters to keep up with but they are all well developed and it’s hard to pinpoint if one of them is the sadistic stalker that readers come across in some alternating chapters. If you’ve followed my blog for awhile now, it’s no secret I love to read thrillers! This one was especially relatable due to the contemporary time period where everyone puts everything online. I had an inkling of who the stalker would end up being but the final reveal was definitely not what I imagined! Make sure to pick this one up if you’re in the mood for a great twisty thriller!

I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley and Crooked Lane Books in exchange for my review. All opinions are my own and this has not influenced my review.

That picture you posted?
I’ve seen it.
That location you tagged?
I’ve been there.
I know everything about your life . . .
And I’m going to destroy it.

Oooooooooooooooooh --- twisted. So twisted that it is a tornado. This book made me seriously think about my social media footprint and my friends. (Mind you, my facebook friends are only people I am friends with in real life who I would hide the bodies for!)

I have not read any of Annabel's other books (they are not in my local library nor are they widely available on Kindle as some are out of print) but this makes me want to save up my Amazon gift certificates and buy all of her books and devour them!    The plot is well crafted and tense and impossible to put down.  If you have a kid who loves being on social media, maybe you should check their phone settings and make sure no one is geo-tagging them - then check yours!  (and question yourself is your friend, is really your friend!)

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use on Instagram and Twitter) so let's give it 🌪️🌪️🌪️🌪️🌪️
I Know You
by Annabel Kantaria
Crooked Lane Books
due 6-11-2019
4.5/5

Taylor and Jake have just moved from California to the London area. Taylor is 7 months pregnant and lonely, so decides to join a walking cub, where she meets Anna (also pregnant), and Simon. Then joins a book club where she meets Caroline and Sarah. But how well does she really know her new friends? How well can you really know your friends...or your spouse?
When you are not sure who to trust, who can you trust?
Absorbing story with colorful and easy to like characters, draw you instantly into their lives- this thriller delivers all the punches with several twists that change everything. One of the most captivating and compelling novels I have read.
Thanks to Crooked Lane Books and Annabel Kantaria for this e-book ARC for an honest and fair review.
#netgalley      #IKnowYou
A real page turner that keeps the reader guessing and speculating until close to the end. Well written. Believable characters. My one complaint is that the main character is American but she uses British colloquialisms and speech. It's inauthentic and found it distracting, but not distracting enough to make me stop reading.
I know you will not be able to put this down.. (see what I did there?)  great thriller and I suggest you read this one.....
This book is really new age suspense because social media is incorporated into it and because of that it makes you think.

It was a really tense and fast paced thriller by a new to me author.  It was well written and outstanding.

Thank you to netgalley and the publisher for this ARC!
Very entertaining read and certainly a page-turner. So intimate was the first-person narration that I felt like I was inside Taylor's world. A few editorial tics here and there--for example, tourists are no longer allowed to climb Chichen Itza in Mexico--but none of this detracted from my enjoyment of the novel. Definitely makes you think about how we put our lives out there on social media. Kudos to the author for a great book and thank you to Net Galley and the publisher for an early copy.
I Know You by author Annabel Kantaria is a great novel that reads as a domestic thriller / drama. The characters are developed great and the plot is thick throughout with enough twists to keep you wanting more. I devoured this book in a day and would absolutely recommend it! Check out I Know You by Annabel Kantaria if you’re feeling up to getting pulled into an awesome story!

Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for an arc copy of I Know You by Annabel Kantaria in exchange for an honest review.
I loved it! This book is a such a page turner I was glued to it. The story was pretty slow at the beginning and only in the last 10 percent there was some action but it's so hooking. I could not have predicted anything that happened. The ending was so shocking! It's a very good thriller but I will not look at social media the same way again.
This book was so full of twists and turns, I never saw the ending coming! I thought I knew what was happening with Taylor and Anna, but, boy, was I wrong! The story was well written and was such an eye opener in this digital world we live in.
Who's stalking who? This book kept me guessing the whole way through. I thought I had a major plot twist figured out but I was wrong! Love a book like this!
This book is all about the negative aspects of social media. People are so busy with Facebook, Instagram, etc. Putting their who life out there for people to see. I for one am not of fan of this so just for that reason alone I loved this book. But it was a real page turner and the main character, Taylor, who is so lonely avails herself of this. As you read this book, which once I started it, I could not put it down till I found out who the true stalker was and I did not guess it till it was revealed. Looking back now, all the clues were there so for me it was great that I did not see this person as the stalker of Taylor. As far as the pitfalls of social media this book really explores and exposes all the negative aspects. I highly recommend this book for two reasons. One is it was a book full of intrigue and suspense and the other reason is making one aware of the negative side of social media and how one should be so carefully with what information they put on these sites. Also it was well written and I want to thank net galley for this ARC I got for an honest review. (less)This book is all about the negative aspects of social media. People are so busy with Facebook, Instagram, etc. Putting their who life out there for people to see. I for one am not of fan of this so just for that reason alone I loved this book. But it was a real page turner and the main character, Taylor, who is so lonely avails herself of this. As you read this book, which once I started it, I could not put down till I find out who the true stalker was and I did not guess it till it was revealed. Looking back now, all the clues were there so for me it was great that I did not see this person as the stalker of Taylor. As far as the pitfalls of social media this book really explores and exposes all the negative aspects. I highly recommend this book for two reasons. One is it was a book full of intrigue and suspense and the other reason is making one aware of the negative side of social media and how one should be so carefully with what information they put on these sites. Also it was well written and I want to thank net galley for this ARC I got for an honest review.
Thank you to Crooked Lane Books and NetGalley for the Advanced Reading Copy of “I Know You.”

This book was a page turner for sure, especially towards the end. There were multiple characters in the story but not so many that it was hard to keep up. Watching the relationships develop between Taylor and each of the supporting characters kept me interested. Taylor’s naive, unassuming personality was sort of endearing. She wasn’t your typical naive character that you feel like screaming at throughout the story.

The chapters told from a different character’s perspective were really great sidebars, they were short & to the point and had me guessing right up until the last chunk of the book who was telling that part of the story.

All around a solid novel that I would read again and would like to see made into a motion picture.

All is well that ends well, right? Definitely a good read. Check it out.

#IknowYou #NetGalley