Timo the Adventurer

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 05 Mar 2019

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher I was able to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
***
Timo is a young boy with a voracious reading appetite about adventures and the wider world. When his small village can no longer meet his reading needs he decides its time for him to stop reading and become a person worth writing stories about.
This comic has a wonderfully fun art style that is sure to hook children and keep them entertained as they follow the unprepared Timo on his journey for adventure and exploration. My only complaint is it’s such a short book and ends on a cliffhanger. Patience thy name is not me. I look forward to book 2.
It was the art which first drew me to this comic-- a whimsical "Song of the Sea" meets Studio Ghibli type of feel. Charming.

Timo is a voracious reader who faces every reader's nightmare-- he is fresh out of books with no hope of finding more. He has been chafing at the thought of never having his own adventure anyway, so he decides to strike out, chronicling his journey as he goes. The fact that he is a sheltered, naïve child who has never left his village means that he may not be as prepared to recognize and face danger as he believes. Luckily, he makes a friend along the way.

Timo is a pretty realistic representation of the tumultuous mix of bravado and vulnerability an overly-confident child alone in the wider world for the first time would feel. There are also notes of humor in the storyline kids will appreciate. I believe Timo is a character children will be able to relate to on several levels.

The only complaint I foresee coming from children is that it isn't longer. It ends on a cliffhanger kids are going to want to see resolved immediately, but such is the nature of comics.

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for an advance copy in exchange for an honest review
I love the playful illustration style of this book. I love that we get to see what he writes in his journal at the end of each day. We get to revisit what he did and learned along his journey, in case the reader missed something. I enjoyed all the  unexpected twists and turns of the storyline and want to read Book 2 immediately.
I received a Complimentary copy of this eBook from the author, publisher, and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Timo is a young boy who loves to read adventure stories. When his parents won't let him grow up, Timo runs away to embark on his own adventure. Will he be strong enough to face the dangers ahead? Read on and find out for yourself.

This was a pretty good action adventure fantasy graphic novel. The art was amazing and the story was great too. I look forward to checking out the next volume in the future. Definitely check out Volume 1 of this book when it releases to bookstores and wherever books are sold online on February 20, 2019.
This is a well deregulate story, beautifully illustrated about a little boy who having read every book in his village disobeys his parents and leaves the village to find more books. He gets lost and along the way meets new friends, helping guide him  until he meets and frees  Broof and the effects this has. Interspersed with the story is Timo’s journal showing who and what he has met and descriptions, it’s such a lovely well thought out story and looking forward to the next book.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion