Cover Image: Drakon's Knight

Drakon's Knight

I am done!

If there was more stars to put i would put 7 because it deserves it.

Plot twits was sooo good that i did not expect that!

Good job!
This is Book 7 in the Blood of the Drakon series.  This can be read as a stand-alone, but I would recommend reading the first books in the series so that you can understand the background story.  Karina is the head of the Knights of the Dragon.  She ends up with amnesia due to a car wreck and this is when she meets Jericho who was sent to kill her. Jericho just happens to be a Drakon.  The chemistry between the two of them is awesome.  And now Jericho knows she’s his mate and he can’t kill her.  This is such a good book.  There’s a lot of mystery and suspense happening when things don’t appear to be what they had all thought.  The romance is hot and steamy.  You won’t be bored by anything happening in this book.  I just want to tell everyone to just go buy it.  You can’t help but like it once you start reading.  I voluntarily read and reviewed this book that I received from Netgalley.
I have been following this series since day one and I’ve been falling in love with these crazy possessive drakons with each new installment. Drakon’s Knight was a surprise to me, especially when I read the blurb and did a double take when I saw Karina Azarov playing the role of heroine!

Yeah, I was a bit nervous diving into this one because the author did a really good job of making Karina an evil baddie for basically the whole series. So I wasn’t sure how she was going to redeem her or even if she could.

But it turns out I had nothing to worry about because NJ Waters managed to show a completely different side of Karina and actually made me cry over her! Long story short I ended up really liking our heroine and totally ended up sympathizing with her. In the crazy world of the Knights of Dragon, Karina had to do some crazy shit to survive, throw in underhanded manipulation and blackmail at such a young age and it’s no wonder she came out so cold and calculating.

Finding herself without her memory and at the mercy of a scary group of guys that aren’t shy to show their distrust, suspicion and in one case, outright hatred towards her, Karina has to find out what kind of person she was and what kind of person she wants to be, going forward.

I felt like this story was a lot more emotionally angsty then the others were. Jericho’s loyalty being split down the middle was definitely heart breaking. Feeling like he had to choose between (a possibly evil) Karina and the only family he’s ever known was legit. But I kind of loved that he refused to give up on her and the possibility of a “them”. I love when the Hero is the one that decides to go all in first and even though he was scared of the outcome, Jericho didn’t fight his feeling for her. He accepted her as his and there was no turning back for him. It wasn’t easy for him to know the one person who makes him feel whole is also the one person who could destroy his family. Definitely a rock and hard place situation.

The story does have some OTT elements but I didn’t have a problem looking the other way when things got a bit cray-cray. I’m excited about the new group of drakons we meet! Hope this means there will be more books in the near future :)
I loved this story! The action, the suspense, the mystery, the magic, and, of course, the fated mate, who is the worst possible person to be a fated mate. I mean really, the head of the organization to hunt down Drakon’s. But Jericho feels it, Karina feels the pull, but they have trust issues, and for good reasons. Even when it should all come together, it all falls apart. That is the best thing about family though, real family, they catch you when you fall, and they hold things together so you can figure yourself out!
Drakon's Knight by N.J. Walters is book 7 in the Blood of the Drakon Series.  This is the story of Karina Azarov and Jericho Drake.  This can be a standalone book but the series has a underlining on going story, past characters do make an appears in this book.
Karina is the head of the Knights of the Dragon and while driving her car is and she is taken by a Drakon.  When she wakes up she doesn't remember much.  Jericho was sent to kill Karina but he starts to realize that she is his mate.  Karina starts to figure things out but can these two who are suppose to be enemies be something more?
Love Ms. Walters writing and love this series.
When I first saw that the female lead for Drakon’s Knight was none other than Karina Asarov, my first instinct was total disbelief, honestly, how is that going to work?  The leader of the Knights of the Dragon, who we’ve seen through the entire series as a cold, hard, ruthless woman, a drakon’s mate? No way!

I should have had faith in this author.  Drakon’s Knight ended up being one of my favourites of this series.  The totally conflicted, but at the same time, completely loyal, Jericho and Karina are wonderful together.   Karina’s story, how she became the woman that she was, and why she is how she is now, was well done, and in the World of the Drakons, completely believable.

I really, really enjoyed this addition to the  Blood of the Drakons series, but I would recommend that you read at least the first two books in the series first.  The first book sets the scene and provides the background information needed for this story.  The second book introduces a character, that is also very important to this book.
Drakon's Knight has mystery, intrigue, suspense, action and a whole lot of steamy chemistry between Karina Asarov and Jericho Drake. Blood of the Drakon book seven by N.J. Walters brings the thought to be number one villain in the series into the hands of a Drakons.

Jericho Drake planned to stop the Knights of the Dragons by cutting off the head of the snake. However, things often do not go as planned which is true in this case. Karina Asarov is hurt but not killed. From there life becomes very complicated for these two. Memory loss, the mating call with several big surprises and twists along the way make this an interesting story. The couple’s happiness is tied to the overall theme so that is also solved in this book too. Still there are plenty of Jericho’s team who could still get their own stories so there is hope that this is not the end.

Recommend this book and the entire series for paranormal fans everywhere. While the overarching theme builds slowly in the beginning, this is a series that one might wish to read in order and in its entirety.

4.5 Stars
An ARC of the book was given to me by the publisher through Net Galley which I voluntarily chose to read and reviewed. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
A nice slow burn romance, didn’t realise it was book 7 in a series when I requested so my bad, but it wasn’t too hard to get what was happening, you didn’t need to know that much, or if you do it didn’t make a difference to my enjoyment of the story, a nice shifter romance, great angst, hate to love relationship, nice writing , what’s not to love

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
3.5 Stars Book 7 in the Blood of the Drakon series and although they can be read as standalones, I would suggest ready them in order to get the best enjoyment from the series. Drakon’s Knight is an enjoyable romantic suspense, a little rushed in parts and slower in others but overall a good read and a book and series I would recommend
It's a very thrilling and romantic story. I quite enjoyed reading it. There wasn't a dull moment in this book. A story about Drakons and Knights, a tale that is both gripping and highly entertaining. This was an interesting take on shifters paranormal fiction. I think after a long time I've come across something this original. I really enjoyed the background stories that revolve around the main characters. I loved how well it ended. All in all, it's a must-read for anyone who enjoys a good romance and isn't afraid of little action.
Drakon wants to kill the leader of the Knights of The Dragon, but when he crashes the car Karina is in he finds himself in a big predicament, his dragon side claimed her as his mate. Karina on the other hand, has no memory after the accident. This book was excellent, the chemistry between the characters is steamy good and I am just wanting to read more from this author.
I love Ms. Walters' books.  Even though Karina was a villain who has done some messed up things she still inspires compassion.  Ms. Walters entices you into really relating to the heroine and some of her emotions.   Karina is a strong woman that faces her actions and the possible consequences of those actions head on. I loved Jericho and his honesty and his love for his brothers of the heart.  I liked all of the handsome drakon guys and I can't wait to meet their mates and read their adventures.  I enjoyed getting caught up in this fantasy dragon love story.  If you are already an N.J. Walters fan then I think you will enjoy this book.  If you are new to this author then you are a very lucky person and you have hours of fantastic tales ahead of you because she has lots of excellent stories to tell.
3 1/2 to 4

Good end to series, but seemed to drag at times.  Interesting plot that the one he wanted to kill was his mate.  The info we got on the h was and explained most of her actions throughout the series.  The drakons were again sexy as ever,  but pulled the H in so many directions he didn’t know what to think.

Good series with a good ending,

Received a copy from the publisher for a honest review.
3 1/2 Star Review.....

Blood of the Drakon has continued to be a compelling series with adventurous world building and a multitude of interesting and intriguing characters throughout. I must admit having gone into this story with some reservations, as Karina has been portrayed in a less than favourable light in previous books. But as often happens, this treacherous and diabolical female is finally faced with a crossroad in her life, and the road she chooses may ultimately result in war. My only issue with this particular instalment, was that it felt a little rushed after the battle scene was done; that said, I’m not sure if this is the final book of the series, but if it is, then I have enjoyed the stories and the imaginative storylines created by Ms Walters.
New author for me!
After reading this book I decided to read more of those books from series in the future. I liked the plot and adventure presented in the storyline and of course a romance that did not disappoint!
This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.

Whew, that was a crazy ride of back and forth emotions as Jericho realizes that the head of the Knights of Dragons that he was sent to kill is his one and only mate!  After stopping the car that Karina was traveling in, she gets banged around and loses her memory.

This sets up a confusing time for Jericho as he knows that if she regains her memory and continues to hunt dragons, he will have to kill her.  Later, when she starts to help the drakons, he is still conflicted if he should totally trust her which ultimately hurts Karina.

As we find out more about what her tattoo means and the pills that she has been taking, the cold CEO of the Knights of Dragon starts to become more likeable and attractive to Jericho.

Even more interesting is at the end, Sadiq who hated Karina does a turnaround and actually defends her to Jericho.  I love that they get a great HEA and shut down the Knights and Karina reunites with her sister.  Nice wrap up and a fun paranormal story with dragons!
As this book doesn’t have a number I’m assuming it’s book seven in the Drakon series.
I’ve read books 1 and 4 there is a little story going on from book to book, but I don’t think it makes too much difference to the story.

Jericho has lived with hate for the society (Knights of the Dragon) for as long as he can remember, and now he wants a war. Kill the leader and a war will definitely start. His target is simple ....

Poor Karina can’t remember who she is and how she got here. (A car accident has given her amnesia) But looking at the man in front of her, she knows she is safe with him.

He isn’t happy, his dragon half has claimed this bloody enemy as its mate, and once a mate is chosen, he can’t harm her....

Jericho needs to distrust Karina, she is his sworn enemy, but looking at her he sees another side to her, maybe she isn’t the evil that he thinks she is, but he can’t get past his hatred of the society. He’s suppose to kill her and start a war.

And what happens if and when Karina regains her memory, will she be able to look past the dragon to see the man? Or will she see the killer of her family and friends? Or will she use the fact his dragon can’t kill her and gain information for the society?

Again another good story, plenty of action and suspense. The characters weren’t as good as some of the other stories I’ve read. Karina felt a little one dimensional and I didn’t really connect with Jericho.

🦋
4 stars!!

What a fantastic addition to this action packed series, I always suspected there was more to a certain character. I thought the twist and the turn around was brilliantly done and believable.

The romance was hot between these two and they were perfectly matched and badass!!

And hot did I mention hot??

I enjoyed my visit to this world.

I voluntarily read this book in exchange for an honest review
Karina Asarov is head beatch of the Knights of the Dragon.  She has been the shadow of most of the Drakon.  But she has felt...wrong for a while now.  She knows her team are lying to her and she wants to get to the bottom of it.  But before she can her convoy is attacked and she is carried off by the very people she wants to annihilate.  But will she be able to survive when she realises her whole world is a carefully constructed sham?

Jericho was supposed to kill Karina but he finds himself drawn to the killer!  His team can't understand the attraction until they realise that she is his mate!  But life gets more complicated when Karina suffers from amnesia due to the accident and it is revealed that her long lost sister is the mate of another Drakon!

Slow paced romance, even with the instant attraction between them.  Karina is the woman we have loved to hate so far but you soon realise that she has been as much a victim as the Drakon.  The Asarov clan are completely rotten!

Hope to hear more from Jericho and his motley crew!
Drakon's Knight, book number 7 in the Blood Of The Drakonseries. Is one that while beguiling on the romantic sense. Falls rather short when it comes to action, world building, and character development.
Ringing in on opposite sides of an already untenable situation. We have Drakon Huntress extraordinaire, Karina Azarov.
Leader of the Knights Of The Dragon, and first in line to kill any and all Drakons.
Pitted against her seriously hunky adversary turned love interest. One Jericho Drake.
Who, as fate and the dragon powers- that- be would have it. Have made it his mission to kill.

But...

Surprise of all surprises. When the time comes to do the dastardly deed. He can't.
Because his dragon recognizes her as his mate.
She, on the other hand. Is not recognizing anything. Not even herself.
Anybody want to hazard a guess as to why?
Well...
Those of you who guessed amnesia, get the cookie.
Complicating matters further is the mystery of the strange tatoo on her shoulder. Which is believed to be a ward of some sort.
A ward that is now broken or diminished. Due to Jericho's earlier attempt on her life.
Great little oberos we have going there, huh?

Strangely enough however. With the mysteries of her identity, the whereabouts of the people who may or not be searching for her, and the secret of her tattoo looming large.
The one thing that Karina does seem to rely on as her North Star in this convolution of uncertainty is her undeniable attraction to Jericho.
Which sends the plot into the pit of romantic quicksand.
Excluding action scenes, exploration of Jericho's dragon form, and all manner of plot enriching elements which could have been employed here.
Thereby changing what could have been a very rich and fully expressed story into something...
Much less.
In short.
Acquire love interest.
Inta-love
Ensure that insta-love is true on both sides.
Have sex.
Have more sex.
Tie up all loose story elements by book's end.
Cue HEA.
The IKEA version of romance.
The story is good.
With just a little more work. It could be better.
But as it stands, is a far cry from it's best.

Thank you to Entangled Publishing and Netgalley for providing a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.