Cooking Class Global Feast!

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 01 Oct 2019

I love such colorful books. The pictures and recipes were awesome. Kids will enjoy the book.

Note: I received a free e-copy of the book via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. Special thanks to the author and publisher for giving me a chance to read it.
My two daughters like to cook ,a lot.
This great book gave us some really cool new ideas and the recipies are easy enough even for my 6 year old daughters.

We had a lot of Fun.

Thanks for giving us the chance to read this book.
I received an ARC of this from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

This was a fantastic cook book for children. It features easy recipes from all over the world and step by step visual instructions on how to make the dishes. It explains different types of food which are native to places that might seem foreign to North Americans, for example, different fruits and what not.
This had great, delicious recipes and I like to use it myself.

Definitely a great book to use to introduce your children or anyone to cooking.
In my opinion, the best way to discover new cultures is through food. Because food is the best. If you want to get a kid interested in the rest of the world, show them all the delicious foods the rest of the world has! Though this is a recipe book for kids, a lot of the recipes do not seem like things kids should be making by themselves. Like, at all. No way am I going to let a kid dice onions with a sharp knife all by themselves. Even I don't fully trust myself to dice anything with a sharp knife (and I've got the scars to prove it). But the recipes all sound delicious, so if you want to get your kids into world cuisine, and cooking, then this is the book for you.
Thank you to #netgalley for providing this book for our review. This is a great cookbook that would be a wonderful holiday gift for kids. It features lots of great information besides just the recipes. The photos are also great. Some of the recipes are advanced for my 4 year old but they can be modified for his abilities.
Cooking Class Global Feast! by Deanna F. Cook, 144 pages. COOKBOOK
Storey Publishing, 2019. $30.
Language: G (0 swears, 0 “f”); Mature Content: G; Violence: G
BUYING ADVISORY: EL, MS - OPTIONAL
AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE
Your tastebuds can travel the world from your own kitchen with these international recipes. Whether a cooking novice or expert, these new foods are worth a try.
I love how well Cook appeals to her audience of kids. The pictures throughout the book are of children making these recipes from their families’ countries, and Cook gives lots of simple directions with extra mentions of how to follow those directions safely. Readers learn about cooking and baking, different cultures, and non-native fruits and vegetables. This book has the potential to expand the horizons of its readers -- and expand their palates.
Reviewer: Carolina Herdegen
Cooking Class Global Feast! is a cookbook that allows children to make and try recipes from around the world. The book begins with an introduction that explains why children should try food from around the world and continues with a list of recipes featured, which is broken down by location and difficulty of the recipe. The book continues with a series of nine lessons that cover topics such as kitchen safety, tools, ingredients, and cooking terms. In my opinion, this is an important feature that all children's cookbooks should include.  The "how-to" sections include step-by-step instructions on what children should do to accomplish the task along with pictures of a child actually completing the task. The terms are accompanied by a brief definition and a picture related to that term. I believe that the combination of print and photographs is great because it accommodates children with different learning styles.

The recipes are separated into breakfast, drinks and snacks, lunch, dinner, and dessert. I appreciate that countries all around the world are included in each category. Overall, it seems that most kids will be able to find something in each category that they like. The recipes themselves include a photograph of the finished product, a description, an ingredient list, and step-by-step instructions, which are accompanied by photographs of each step. Again, I think that the step-by-step description and photographs are a great addition to this book. The variety of recipes is pretty good, however I was a bit disappointed by the foods that represented some countries (such as toasted cashews for Costa Rica). However, I still recommend this cookbook to those interested in global gourmet because many of the recipes are more in-depth.

I believe that this cookbook is a great selection for children that are interested in learning about global gourmet, or even cooking in general. I love the fact that the book begins with a section about general kitchen safety, terms, tools, and ingredients. The fact that the instructions include photographs is a major bonus.

I received a copy of this book for free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
This is a charming cookbook that should appeal to elementary and middle grade students.  The recipes include lots of photographs of kids actually doing the cooking, and the dishes look yummy.  Everything seems to be explained really well, making this a great choice for kids who are interested in trying something new but don't have great confidence in the kitchen yet.  .I love the sidebars that include a little background about the kids featured in the photos, and I love the multicultural nature of this book.  There appears to be a good range of s recipes in here, from super easy to challenging.  At first glance, it does appear to be rather bread and carb heavy, but I probably should have expected that for a kids' cookbook!
I really enjoyed going through this cookbook with my 3 girls. It gave us something to do together without screens win win.
I think that cookbooks for kids are fantastic!  As an experienced cook and cookbook enthusiast, I enjoyed the chance to take a sneak peek at “Cooking Class Global Feast!”  The contents are listed in multiple ways: continent, meal, and include a difficulty rating that is clearly explained.  Photos are colorful and generally include labels and/or descriptions.  Cooking terms are well defined and include reference photos.  Photos include a variety of children of different ethnicities and genders. Recipes are accompanied by step by step photos and information insets.  Real kids are featured and their information is included in side bars.  I look forward to seeing the final edition and utilizing the recipes with kids.  Thank you Net Galley for providing the eARC copy, all opinions are my own.
A very well-done cookbook for the young chef. A lot of thought went into the book to make it user friendly. Most of the recipes I would say are for 2nd grade and up to middle school. Great background information of each recipe with ties to each culture/area/country. The book is organized in a helpful manner. I love the photos representing multicultural children. Other than home, classroom, and library use it would  make a welcome gift for the young cooking enthusiast.
Amazing! Love this book! Perfect for little cooks new and expirenced, i especially love how it shows the kids cooking their own recipes! Has easy to follow and fully explained directions so its great for kids of all ages!
Bright pictures of multicultural children cooking delicious-looking recipes!  I will definitely purchase this for my elementary school library (as long as it is not spiral-bound).  My only criticism is that the children in the photographs sometimes look a bit young to be following the given recipes, which could be a turn-off for older children who might be the more appropriate audience.
Celebrate the world’s diverse cultures through food. This book is wonderful because it assumes basic skills need instruction. It covers preparing breakfasts, drinks, snacks, dinners, and desserts from around the world. Some recipes include Irish Soda Bread, ANZAC biscuits, ramen noodle soup, and mango lassi. All recipes are either ones that kids will like or that will help them to explore their palette. Each has step-by-step instruction with photos, background about the dish and traditions. The instructions also address safety. Although some of the recipes will need some parental help, this cookbook is a great way to introduce kids to new foods and cultures while fostering a love for cooking. A great opportunity for bonding, parents and children will enjoy devouring this cookbook together.
Great recipes to introduce kids (adults too) to some international flavors and favorite recipes. Easy to find ingredients make the recipes even more appealing. Wonderfully photographed and well explained. I really appreciate that the cultures of different countries are embraced for my young chefs to learn about.
Cooking Class Global Feast! is a culinary trip around the world for young cooks.  It is well-designed, the concept is spot-on, and it’s a great way to introduce new, international foods to children.

I like the fact that the book begins with information about cooking terms, kitchen safety, and general food prep.  While the recipes are often simple and not very time consuming (after all, it’s supposed to be for children), they are quite true to the countries they represent.  The instructions are well-written, concise and easy to follow, ditto the accompanying illustrations, and the photographs are lovely.  This is one of those books where the children are having such a good time in the kitchen that they won’t even realize that they are also learning about different cultures around the world.

5 spoons for this great addition to children’s cookbooks.

Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing a copy of this book for review.
This is a wonderful way to expose children (and in some cases, parents too) to other places by introducing the one thing every person on earth does - EAT! The book begins by explaining how to prepare yourself, your tools, and foods needed for the recipes. The photos go a long way to educate the reader as to what a particular ingredient looks like. That will come in very handy when grocery shopping.
This book would also be a good tool to be used fit Girl Scouts for “World Thinking Day - a day where all Girl Scouts participate in activities and projects with global themes” (girlscouts.org). Also could see this cookbook being used at various library programs.
I received a free book from NetGalley and am voluntarily leaving my review.
This book is a colorful book with interesting recipes. However, it is really an adult cooking book under the guise of a children's book. Nothing wrong with that... it just supposes a level of kitchen skills beyond children. Safety issues were lightly brushed over and recipes needed a variety of knife skills to be successful.
This is an amazing and well-thought out book! It starts off with instructions on cooking safety, and then introduces  kids to basic cooking concepts. The best part of the book is that it introduces kids to different cultures and countries through various cultural recipes,  allowing kids to understand people from cultures better. Recommend!
This was a very well written cookbook. I found the layout to flow well and the recipes were easy to understand and follow along to. I look forward to trying some of them out for my family.