Cover Image: The Quiet Ones

The Quiet Ones

Struggled to get through The Quiet Ones, I found the plot a little slow. It’s not a bad book, I just found I have no strong opinions on it after finishing.
Better for the casual thriller reader.
I didn't realize this was part of a series, but it worked perfectly for me as a standalone.

It's a gripping murder mystery with a likable main character who would go to any length to make sure that justice is served to the innocents dead or alive.

What started as the apparent suicide of a famous and respected coach, soon proves to be a gruesome murder followed by the murder of other victims connected to that coach. What is exactly happening and who would go to any length to cover up dark and horrific truths?

Thanks Netgalley, the publisher and the author for an ARC in exchange for an honest opinion.
Thank you NetGalley and Atria for the eARC.
Oonagh O'Neil, an investigative tv journalist in Glasgow, is trying to find out if the death of famous football coach Harry Nugent really was suicide, but it proves to be a rather gruesome murder.  His reputation was stellar, not only as a successful business man but also as a charitable man who did much for the community.  However, nasty rumors start to make the rounds and after 2 more murders, Oonagh realizes there is some horrific history there of systematic abuse and Harry was at the very centre.
I enjoyed this book a lot and really liked Oonagh, who is fighting her own demons but intent on finding justice for the innocent victims, dead or alive, who suffered so much.
Not having read the previous 2 books in the series, I intend to remedy that.  This one was a good standalone, there's enough information to give the reader insight into the recurring characters and I recommend it highly.
Thank you to the publisher for sending me an ARC of this book.
It was an average read for me.  I didn't have strong emotion toward it, but I'm sure someone will love this book.
New author for me. But this book is great. If you like a. Atmospheric thriller than this one is for you. Buckle up. Deep dark secrets ahead.