The Dreaming Tree

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 17 Jul 2019

This book has a very weird premise but ultimately it works really well. It definetly is not something I have read before and that alone makes it good.

I really enjoyed the story and the way that the twists and turns took me places I was not expecting to go. It was very good.
A really unique read, full of suspense and twists and turns. My first book by this author but it won’t be the last.
I received two copies, neither worked upon downloading them. Because of this I can't leave a review but need to provide feedback to keep my profile rating up as it doesn't take into account the bad files a reviewer receives.  If I don't leave feedback then it hurts my review qualifications. But I like Matthew Mather and will get this book when it comes out and will read and review it then,
On the outside, this book seems exciting. After being decapitated in a car accident, Roy is now one of the world's first full body transplant patients. This means that his head has literally been grafted onto someone else's body. His life is now wave after wave of phantom pain, and is filled with someone else's body odour. Well that and walking blackouts.

Unfortunately this is just something that wasn't for me. Even though the story was gory and mysterious, I felt like I just wasn't into it by the end. It starts out like any other scary transplant story, meaning the patient starts to take on characteristics from the person that gave them the organ or body or whatever, but just ended up being a little too predictable. I liked the family drama, I didn't really expect that to be in this book.

I thought that even though officer Delta Devlin had a really cool name, her side of the story wasn't very memorable until the end. Overall, I can see this being a popular novel, but like I said before, it's just not for me. I hoped it would be, and I thought it was interesting, but this isn't my new favourite book. I do like the cover though.

Thanks for reading!
(Radioactivebookreviews.wordpress.com)
I absolutely adore this book. It keeps you guessing the whole time, has some surprises, and makes it really hard to take breaks for real life. I love how cutting edge of the science was but at the same time so applicable to real life that it makes it almost scary. I've read two other books by Matthew Mather and he's quickly becoming my favorite author. Thank you
This was my first time reading anything by Matthew Mather, but I have a feeling I’ll read more in the future. The novel was well written, the characters well rounded, and the ending a beautiful twist.
The first part was hard for me to get through. Mather sets up all the moving parts without showing what the end result will be. As such, it seemed to drag on a bit. But that all changed. Like a switch was flipped, the novel went from dragging along to full sprinting to the finish line.
oK , I have enjoyed the authors previous books but this one? It just doesn't seem real enough to even pretend it could happen. Yes, I can't even fake a review because I couldn't get to the middle of the book. Just to far fetched for me. Maybe you will like it.
The Dreaming Tree is a medical science thriller centered on transplants. In this case, Roy wakes to find he was in a car accident and his head has been transplanted onto a donor body. For two years, his nervous system forms new connections to the donor body, but it still feels alien to him. Who was his donor? How did he die? Why does he keep dreaming of a little red-headed girl and her mother? Roy is from one of the wealthy Hamptons families, and the extremes they go to for extending their youth is definitely creepy. One of my favorite parts was the Delta Devlin character, a police detective who is a tetrachrome and sees colors in a whole new way. As always, Maher has written a story that will leave you thinking about it long after you have finished reading it.
Medical science fiction dominates the first part of the book so a solid background can be established for the murder mystery that follows. Interesting concept that allows for an entertaining novel.
The Dreaming Tree is a unique book that has a entertaining storyline. The characters are interesting. A decent book.
Thank you to the publisher for sending me an ARC of this book.
Full body transplant.  That was what got me wanting to read this book.
Interesting.Read not my usual genre but I enjoyed it.

Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for giving me an ARC in exchange for an honest review*