Cover Image: Buzz Books 2019: Romance

Buzz Books 2019: Romance

A great compilation of books from which you will find several to read. From some of my favorite romance authors. Stretching from historical to sweet. You will find something that satisfies.
This preview was stellar. There are some amazing looking books in here. I can't wait to read them. I will be blowing out my book budget this fall!
What a great way to get a snippet of hot new books! I don't typically read in all the romance sub-genres, but it opened my mind to a few.
Thank you for this preview into upcoming Romance releases! I completely enjoyed reading the excerpts from theses upcoming books! The excerpts gave me a nice glance into theses stories and were very entertaining. I look forward to reading these new releases in the near future.
I was provided a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest and fair review.

These are the samples that are included in the BuzzBooks 2019 Romance collection – each excerpt I’ve included a brief summary of my thoughts (based solely on the excerpts provided) and my interest in reading the whole book:

Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams (November 5, 2019) - This was a really engaging first few chapters but I don't think it is for me. It made me so sad to think about those little girls and what they're dealing with. I know it's really popular and I'm sure I would like it but I'm just not interested in reading it right now.
The Blacksmith Queen by G.A. Aiken (August 27, 2019) - There was a lot going on in this book even just in the first couple chapters. There was a lot of dark, murderous stuff in the excerpt too and I didn't quite grasp what was going on with just the first couple chapters.
Not the Girl You Marry by Andie J Christopher (November 12, 2019) - This one seemed super good! I really liked the first couple chapters of this one, it was engaging and really grabs the reader into the story. I'm planning to request this one and hopefully read the full e-galley!
Love Lettering by Kate Clayborn (December 31, 2019) - I loved the start of this one. The excerpt really leaves you hanging on the edge of a cliff and I can't wait to find out what happens. I loved the lyricism of the author's writing and how well developed I felt like the main character was even just within the first couple chapters. Definitely requesting this one so I can hopefully read the full e-galley!
Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore (September 3, 2019) - Seemed like a solid historical romance, nothing really grabbed out in the first couple chapters to grab me though. I think I'd enjoy reading it but I'm trying to limit my NetGalley requests.
The Dating Charade by Melissa Ferguson (December 3, 2019) - This excerpt was tough, it didn't really get far enough in to give you a feel of what the story would be. It seemed ok but didn't grab me.
The Bachelor by Sabrina Jeffries (February 25, 2020) - I liked this one, it sounded pretty good actually. I think I'd enjoy reading it but I'm trying to limit my NetGalley requests so I will have to pass on this one.
The Princess Plan by Julia London (November 19, 2019) - I've already signed up to review this one so I was interested to read the first couple chapters. It sounds interesting and I'm looking forward to reading it.
The Little Bookshop on the Siene by Rebecca Raisin (January 7, 2020) - This sounded like it would be sweet and most likely interesting to a book reader like me but the heroine sounded a little too naive for me based on the first couple chapters. I'm kind of interested in the book but am trying to limit my NetGalley requests so I think I'll pass on this one.
Unspoken by Kelly Rimmer (November 26, 2019) - I was actually kind of interested in this one but I can not get on board with these two people getting back together. Overall the second chance romance is not an enjoyable trope for me but especially with how much hatred there was between these two at the start of the book I just can't see how they'll end up reconciling.
A Royal Christmas Wish by Lizzie Shane (September 10, 2019) - This one didn't quite catch my interest, the heroine seemed like she was somewhat overly complaintive which doesn't appeal to me. And overall the plot doesn't sound like it would be something I'd love.
The Sunday Potluck Club by Melissa Storm (March 31, 2020) - Lot of potential here! Just the first couple chapters had me feeling so many things. I'm definitely going to be requesting this one and hopefully will get to read the full e-galley!
A Cowboy to Remember by Rebekah Weatherspoon (February 25, 2020) - This one wasn't for me (I don't love cowboy romances anymore) but definitely seems like something others would enjoy!
I was so excited that the publisher granted my wish for the annual installment of the romance buzz books.   I’m fairly new to reading romance and thought this might be a great way to explore the latest and greatest in the genre.   I loved how the experts spanned a wide variety of types of new releases - from rom-com to fantasy - and that the experts were substantial enough to provide a real feel for the actual full-length novel.  What I was disappointed in was how “mainstream” all the selections were.  The majority of the novels seemed to be set in England or New York City.  All featured heterosexual characters with already determined sexual identities; there seemed to be very few with non-white heroines.  None of those characteristics represents the world we live in:  at least half the United States population is non-white and exploration of sexual preferences and identities is at an all time high.  All said and done, I was hard pressed to find something in this collection that interested me enough to request the full book.  Maybe Unspoken because the emotionally apathetic male coder character reminded me of someone I know.  Maybe The Little Paris Bookstore because I’m curious to see how the author draws a Parisian in Ashford, CT, which is a small town that I am quite familiar with.  But sometimes it’s good to have a heads up on books that I won’t enjoy as much as those that I would.
Some great titles in here, can’t wait for all the new books that are coming!! The excerpts are intriguing and really make me excited for the full length books.
I always love reading Buzz Books to get a glimpse of what’s coming but this was my first time checking out the romance-specific edition. I'm so glad I did! I immediately had to read through after downloading and added almost every book to my TBR list on Goodreads and Amazon! So many great romances are coming out soon and I can’t wait to read them and share with friends and followers. Thank you for putting these all on my radar.
These are always fun to get and read.  Each author includes a little teaser chapter to let you what the book is about..  I love finding new authors and this is a great way.
Love these previews. Such a great way to find some books and authors. I'm really looking forward to The Blacksmith Queen.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. My thoughts and opinions are my own and without bias or remuneration.
I have actually requested quite a few books in this catalog, thanks! I have read Bringing Down the Duke already and found it like no other historical romance novel I’ve read. My review will be forthcoming. I’m looking forward to digging into quite a few of these novels and enjoyed the excerpts!
I always look forward to reading upcoming books from this publisher.  However, Fall of 2019's disappointed me since there are probably a lot more books to be published but I guess it depends on the publisher and if they want to contribute to this publication.

I could have done without the first chapter reads too since none but one book interested me and would have rather seen more books than chapters.
I have been reading more romance novels lately and this has given me some great ones to look for. I’m especially excited for the Bromance Book Club and Love Lettering, but they all look so fun!
Just as I expected, great collection of upcoming romance novels. Can't wait to read them all, and already looking forward to the next Buzz Books edition.
Great selection of upcoming publications! Looking forward to reading them! Love seeing favourite as well as new to me authors listed.
I love reading these Buzz Books catalogues as they are great for keeping up to date with what buzzworthy books are coming out soon!
I received this free book from NetGalley in exchange for a free review. The book is a great way to taste test upcoming romance books. The first one or two chapters from 13 books are included from various authors and publishers. Some may be up your alley, some may not be; either way, each sample lasts such a short while that you move on to the next without wasting your time. If you like the sample, you can easily jump to requesting the title from NetGalley using the provided link after each sample.
What could be better than finding out about upcoming romance books and reading excerpts?  Nothing!  (Except chocolate!)  What a wonderful resource to have!  Thank you for the opportunity to read it!
Great Sampling

This sampling was a great way to become familiar with authors new to me. I especially like that the stories are diverse in relation to publishers, authors, themes, setting, etc. This allowed me the opportunity to get a peek at some books I may not normally consider. Especially looking forward to reading the rest of Rebekah Weatherspoons A Cowboy To Remember and G.A. Aikens The Blacksmith Queen.

I received this book on NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion.
These are amazing. And I have been looking for a good romance. Some of these so great. Thank you for publishing these!