Cover Image: Who Did You Tell?

Who Did You Tell?

The story starts off really strong and keeps you engrossed.  Brilliant characters.  The only thing that lets it down is the ending feels like it was rushed so they could tie all the ends together
Wandering through the story in a blaze of alcohol addiction with reminiscent of a lover lost. Trying to gain purchase of a normal existence, without the messy dependence on the bottle, Astrid tries to start a new life in a tiny village. But the days past start creeping to the forefront. Can she start again or will she crumble?
Best book I've read in quite some time. Couldn't wait to see what happens, with an originality that draws you in and takes hold.
#who did you tell #netgalley
Many thanks to Netgalley for the loan of this book. I had read the previous book by this author and enjoyed it, but this is far superior in my opinion. I didn’t guess the end like I did with “The Rumour” and I finished it in 2 days. A woman named Astrid newly released from rehab living with her mum and struggling to stay sober, starts to receive sinister anonymous messages and senses she’s being followed. . Determined not to let them ruin her sobriety she embarks on a relationship and starts to learn to live again. But the stalker isn’t easily deterred and steps up their reign of terror. As they see it, why should Astrid make a new life for herself when she has destroyed others? A great revenge thriller but also a thought provoking insight into how addiction can destroy the lives of, not just the addict, but their family and friends. Fantastic!
I’ll start by saying I only managed 49% of Who Did You Tell? before I gave up. I love flawed characters, those characters that are a darker shade of grey than the rest of us but Astrid was naive and irritating.

Really interested in the storyline but it moves too slow for me, I was looking for distractions so I could put this book down and that says it all really!
I enjoyed The Rumour but I thought this one was a little too contrived, trying too hard to introduce red herrings to keep up the suspense - there were three suspects who all acted suspiciously. I liked the descriptions of the main character and her struggles with alcohol, (some of which reminded me of my Friday nights, waiting for wine o'clock!) but apart from this she seemed to find it too easy to find a normal, loyal boyfriend and a job. It was a light read, not too thrilling, and forgettable.
Wow, what a rollercoaster of a story. The highs, lows, suffering and clarity. A story with twists and turns, where you feel you know what is coming next, only to veer off in another direction.
I could conjour up the people in my mind, sense their feelings, understand their beliefs.
I received an advanced readers copy in exchange for an honest review

Very unique and unusual storyline, just the pacing is a bit off I don’t know if I can be improved with editing before publication because this thriller is an interesting one and the writer can tell a story.
This story was well done and also characters easy to relate to.  Had lots of twists and turns that I did not see coming!
What a ride. I absolutely loved this book. It was filled with thrills, chills and really scary paranoia. I loved every twisted page. I will recommend this to all fellow thriller lovers. Deeply unsettling and really twisted. Absolutely brilliant!!!
If you like a thriller with plenty of twist and turns and that will keep you guessing right until the very end then don’t look any further then this book. Very well written and a great book to read.
I loved Lesley Kara's debut "The Rumour"  and was eager to read her new book.
It didn't disappoint, and like her previous novel this is a superb psychological mystery thriller.

Astrid is a recovering alcoholic and had moved back with her mother.
She is also battling her own demons and dark secrets from her past.
Soon she will realize that this past is creeping back into her life as someone seems to be stalking her and knows too much about her secrets.

The plot is suspenseful with plenty of twists and turns, and whenever I thought I figured it all out, Kara throws in another surprise that turns the whole thing into a new direction. Highly recommended

I voluntarily reviewed this title thorough Netgalley, thanks to the publisher, and author Lesley Kara.
A highly enjoyable novel. Enjoyed it very much. Excellent narrative and wonderful depiction of the characters. Highly recommended!
Both of her books have grabbed me at the beginning, felt slow moving in the middle and then shocked me at the end.
I was kindly sent this book free of charge from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

I read and loved Lesley Kara’s debut novel “The Rumour” so I was very excited to read this one. All in all I really enjoyed it. The story follows Astrid a recovering alcoholic who is living with her own demons and secrets. She moves to a small town where her mum lives however as she soon finds out she may have been followed by someone who knows her secrets.

This book was full of twists and turns just like The Rumour was. The author has a wonderful way of drawing you in and gets you thinking that you understand what’s going on and know what’s going to happen next only to turn it all around which leaves you second guessing the whole story. I was gripped from the very beginning and although it wasn’t quite up there with The Rumour it was still a great read and would be one that I’d recommend.
Astrid is an alcoholic, living with her mum back in her home town. Dependent on her mum for everything until she gets some money. Everyday Astrid struggles with not drinking and the guilt of her relationship with her ex, Simon. Someone is stalking her and could she be in danger?

I really enjoyed this book and I like Lesley’s style of writing. Quick paced and edgy. Thank you to netgalley and the publishers for this arc in exchange for my honest review.
Thirty-two year old, Astrid, overcome with the guilt of her past, gets another chance to start life over living with her mother in a small village.  As she struggles with overcoming her alcoholic tendencies, the past starts coming back to haunt her.  With multiple plot twists, Lesley Kara, draws the reader in, leaving us questioning what is the truth, and who from the past is trying to ruin Astrid's chance at a new life.  This thriller made my jaw drop with it's intricately written plot twists and turns.  I could not put it down, as I had to know if Astrid was going to make it out alive.  Kara also does a wonderful job describing the up's and down's of addiction, which made the book relatable.
A mediocre mystery about a lost young woman who struggles with alcoholism and the animosity of a conniving woman who nearly destroys her.

The author asks the reader to suspend disbelief, but I found that hard to do since the situations were very difficult to find credible.
An interesting read, with an unexpected ending.  The story was gripping and the characters likeable.  There were a lot of twists and turns, and it was easy to have sympathy with the main character and her mother.  It was a very enjoyable read, and I read it in one go.