Cover Image: Would Like to Meet

Would Like to Meet

Evie Summers is on a quest...to save her job. Her film agency's biggest client, the pompous Ezra Chester, has decided that the only way he will write the romantic comedy he owes producers is if Evie can fall in love like they do in rom-coms - by way of the meet cute. With a little help from her friends and Ben and Annette, the father daughter duo she meets at the coffee shop she frequents, and who happen to witness some of her failed attempts Evie is determined to prove it can be done and save her job. How hard can it be?
Very cute story, loved the play with very famous meet cutes from various rom-com’s. The middle dragged a bit with NOB.
Oh, man, this book.

This book made me feel like a total hack. Like this is what funny romcom needs to be, and I shouldn't bother.
This book made me angry that another popular book called "Meet Cute" came out recently, because that's what this book should be called. (I'm sure that other book is lovely - I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet.)
This book made me sad I don't have more free time to read.

A heroine who knows how to laugh at herself, muddling through a crappy life the best way she can. A swoon-worthy hero. The red herring. (You figure out which is which.) The frustrating roommate. The band of awesome friends. The miscommunications, the physical humor - this book has it all. Ok, yes, it's a little formulaic. Hi, it's a romcom. What do you expect? And it's a little predictable. Again, it's romcom. That doesn't change the fact that it's well-written and absolutely wonderful.
I enjoyed this one.  The first half of the book flew by.  After that the glaring plot points and the female protagonists's blindness towards them were a little hard to believe.  She had to have been completely blinded by her working zeal to not notice a few things.  The male protagonist should have been more heavily featured.  We spent way too much time with a different wooing of the female lead.  The supporting cast of characters were hilarious, especially through their text exchanges.
This was so fun. We all watch movies and wonder if love ever really happens like that. I had so much fun reading this book. Life is never like the movies but that doesn’t mean you can’t have your own version of a fairytale love or romance. Two thumbs up for this one. Please check it out. Thanks NetGalley.
You had me at meet-cute. I have always loved this type of movie, Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail, The Holiday; give me a rom-com any day.
This would be my pick for a stay at home day, sitting around sipping hot cider, curled up in a chair. Girl wants promotion. Goes on a quest of meet-cutes for her client screenwriter to assist with his writer's block. He is to write a rom-com but it's been three years since his first screenplay won an award, now he's known as a one-hit-wonder. This girl will do the silliest things to help him and in the midst of all this mayhem, finds love.
Do you like rom-coms?  If so, you will enjoy this book.  It was predictable, but what rom-com isn't? If you need a quick, entertaining read, try Would Like To Meet.
Super cute book about one of my favorite subjects, the rom-com. The characters were great and I enjoyed learning about them as they navigated through life and love. It gives me hope for my very own "meet-cute."
A total rom-com from start to finish with the charming best friends, the sexy rake, and the adorable single father. There were a few times when I struggled with the protagonist's lack of agency, particularly when it came to her professional life. Overall, the book was a fun easy read with a satisfying happily ever after.
Like any good rom-com, this was predictable in the most enjoyable of ways. Evie is an assistant at one of the most well-known talent agencies in London, and when one of the agency’s clients isn’t delivering the promised rom-com script, she makes a deal with Ezra (aka: NOB) - during his three month extension she will reenact famous meet-cute moments from movies to provide inspiration. When fulfilling her part of the bargain by doing a “drink spill” she meets Ben and Annette, a father and daughter who keep playing witness to her hilarious attempts of meeting the one.

The chapters start with scene descriptions, and I felt that was such a wonderful touch for a book about script writing. I had a lot of fun reading this because Evie was such a disaster at times, but she kept trying - and by being willing to make a fool of herself, she helped Annette build her own confidence. Annette wears hearing aids and apparently some of the parents at her school believe she shouldn’t take them out so she can be “”normal,”” but Evie shows her that she doesn’t have to be normal to be wonderful.

Another fantastic element of this book was Evie’s friendship with Sarah, Jeremy, and Maria (aka: JEMS). They are family to one another, there for each other through thick and thin. They’re helping Sarah put on her hen do before her wedding, and while Evie has selfish moments around creating new meet-cute scenarios, it’s impossible not to see how much all four love each other as they try to make Sarah’s wedding plans come together as she dreams and encourage Evie to try to rekindle her love of screenwriting. There is also a great moment where they realize they haven’t been as great being there for one another and open up and make changes to strengthen their friendship.

I really had a lot of fun reading this - it really felt like watching a romantic comedy. It’s definitely predictable, but that works really well for it. Even knowing some of the twists, it in no way detracted from my enjoyment of Evie’s story. Overall this was a fun read that I strongly recommend to fans of romantic comedy movies!
Would Like to Meet is an adorable rom com with great quirky characters - highly recommend for anyone who loves a great, quick, light read!!
For a book that involves so many "meet-cutes," it turned out to be so much more than the romantic comedy I thought I was getting. It's funny, it's incredibly smart, and the main character, Evie, is so freaking relatable, you'd forget she's a talent agent working alongside an accomplished Hollywood screenwriter (a giant man-child whom she's given a most appropriate nickname). For me, it felt like a work of Women's Fiction first, with Romance always coming in second, which I LOVED. The fact that this is a debut novel absolutely blows me away, too. Like, wow. Stunning. I am definitely going to be reading anything and everything Rachel Winters puts out from now until forever.
Oh, this was absolutely adorable (& very British?)! I am a sucker for all romcom tropes and loved having them all laid out for me—including a delightfully feminist breakdown of the misogyny that can come with some of them (I.e. the makeover) & how some meet cutes are just not that cute in execution.

If you were a fan of Sophie Kinsella back in the day and want something with slightly more manageable  second hand embarrassment this is perfect for you.
Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.

Last year was the summer of rom-coms, especially for Netflix, and one of the movies I've found myself going back to time and again is Set it Up. If you haven't watched it 1) you should and 2) it's about two assistants trying to set their individual bosses up with each other so that they can get some semblance of a personal life back. Would Like to Meet reminded me of my favorite parts of Set it Up and was just as charming and feel-good as its description makes it out to be.

Would Like to Meet addresses the unwarranted and backwards superiority complex I've seen a lot from other genres and quite a few critics regarding rom-coms, and I'm 100% here for it. It's clever, genuinely funny, and just the right amount of cheesy. I was surprised how much I laughed out loud because of this book and how much I could relate to it. Each chapter starts with a play/script description to set the scene, giving the book that extra unique kick that I haven't seen before in other novels. I loved the premise and the execution, as well as the references that are littered throughout the entire book. Would Like to Meet is about romance, but it's also about discovering your self-worth and knowing that you're good enough. Witty and original while still riffing off of classic rom-coms, and most of all empowering, Would Like to Meet is bound to be a success.
This was an enjoyable romance with a fun premise.

*Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for providing an e-galley in exchange for an honest review.
When big time Oscar winning screenwriter Ezra struggles to produce a rom-com that he has signed up for assistant Evie has the perfect plan. She will go on numerous meet-cutes (cute ways in which significant others meet) and write about the outcomes and send them to Ezra for inspiration and to show him that rom coms are real. What could possibly go wrong?

I absolutely loved this book. I felt every emotion possible while reading this book. There were times where I was laughing, squimush, annoyed, impatient, and awe struck. I was constantly wondering what would happen next and where the story was going to take me next. I would highly recommend this book to others and look forward to reading more books by this author.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publishers for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This was super cute! I loved it. I was excited to read it, but was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Evie's journey to become a writer was heartwarming and Anette was such a fun character.
I thought this novel was smart, snarky and swoony. I enjoyed Ezra and Evie's connection and can't wait for more from this author in the future!
After 65% I had to skip the end.  This book was dragging for me and I didn't like the main couple.  Too many correspondences via email and text messaging.   I know this has to deal with screenwriting, but also I wasn't a fan of the "screen written headers" at the beginning of each chapter.  Its sad because the premise sounds so promising.

I received this book at my request and have voluntarily left this unbiased review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
While the conceit was pretty far fetched, the characters totally made up for it. Can't wait to read more from Rachel Winters!