What Really Matters

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

The beauty of this devotional is in its simplicity. Each daily devotional is built around faith, hope, or love. There is a verse followed by a story and further connection to Christ's teaching. I appreciate that each daily devotion was short, but the message stuck with me. The message was relatable , and they use everyday experiences in unexpected ways to explain how we can live more in our faith. This was something I could easily see myself working through and revisiting often. In fact, I have already started working through the current dates with the assigned devotional. As someone who has not used a devotional book previously, this is the ideal collection for me to begin this process!
Great collection of stories that tie in well with the BIBLE verses given, allowing us a daily reminder of what really matters.  It is a great book for anyone looking to have a new year with a daily reminder of the work God does in our lives.  365 essays, one for each day of the year.
What Really Matters is a heartfelt devotional focusing on the themes of hope, faith and love. Each day begins with one of those themes as well as a Bible verse to read before a passage to deepen your thoughts on each verse. An inspirational quote ends each section. These sections are quick–all run about three pages. Perfect for when you want a quick read in the morning or to share with a friend over coffee to start your morning off. Enjoy Lisa
This book was disappointing. Each daily entry starts by telling the reader to read a Bible verse, but the verse isn't listed in the book. Of course I could get my Bible out and look up the verse, but it seems odd for it to not be included in a devotional book. The reflections on the Bible verses were quite shallow. I read for a while and then gave up.
I read through this book really fast to post this review. This is a wonderful book and would make a great gift. Each day has a bible verse and a story. This book is full of daily encouragement. Thank you Discovery House via NetGalley for the complimentary copy of this book. All opinions expressed are my own.
What Really Matters is about just that.  This book of short readings, one for each day, is about living a life in accord with one's values and beliefs.  Taking the few minutes in the morning (or later) to pause, read and reflect, is a wonderful way to have a day that is filled with kindness and mindfulness.  There are suggestions for bible verses to study which I think readers may delve into further should they wish.  I myself don't.  The book is geared towards those who are Christian but the underlying messages are for everyone.
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this book in exchange for an honest review.
This book is a very short daily devotional. I tend toward Bible studies or longer more thought provoking devotionals, so this book was just okay to me. The teaching seems sound, and the devotions are on point, it just isn't for me.

Thank you for allowing me to read an advanced copy of this book. My opinions are my own.
A collecton of articles from Our Daily Bread, "What Really Matters:  Faith, Hope, Love" offers readers a year's worth of devotionals that are challenging, encouraging, and practical.  The articles focus on these three characteristics which spur us on in this life and anchor us for eternal life with Christ in heaven.

If you're looking for a full-fledged Bible study, this book is not for you, but if you're looking to start or end your day with a few verses of Scripture and a short devotional thought, then this book is exactly what you're looking for.  It's very biblically founded (thanks to Our Daily Bread's commitment to truth). "What Really Matters: Faith, Hope, Love" offers snippets of Bible teaching as well as encouraging stories of God at workin various ways.  If you're looking for a quick, in-and-out kind of spiritual focus each day, "What Really Matters" fits the bill.

Note:  I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for this honest review.  The opinions expressed are entirely my own.
I absolutely adore this daily devotional; I have used it every day since receiving an ARC from Netgalley. The daily devotional isn't too long nor bland; there is a daily verse to start with as well. The devotional is based off the verse of the day, which is followed by a story that relates to it, then ends with an encouraging sentence.
What a great book! I read through it pretty quickly today, so it wouldn't take me 365 to get a review, but I'm definitely looking forward to starting the new year fresh with this!

What Really Matters is a heartfelt devotional focusing on the themes of hope, faith and love. Each day begins with one of those themes as well as a Bible verse to read before a passage to deepen your thoughts on each verse. An inspirational quote ends each section. These sections are quick--all run about three pages.

I'd recommend this to anyone seeking to explore their Christian faith or who is looking forward to deepening their Biblical reading/understanding.

Random thought--I loved learning that legend has it that Idaho is named from a Shoshone word meaning "Behold! the sun rising over the mountain." That imagery really stuck with me.

Thank you to NetGalley and Discovery House for providing this review copy.