The Girls' Guide to Homemaking

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 15 Oct 2019

I really loved this book. I completely fell in love with Juliet and how she was able to overcome heartbreak and immerse herself in her gran's homemaking manual. The story was sweet and funny, with lots of heartfelt emotion throughout. If you like Heidi Swain or Caroline Roberts - you'll enjoy this!
Loved this book!! A little dark at times a little light at times with an amazing story thread on the whole. Very well written and it’s definitely one y’all should check out.
Juliet wants the perfect life, and she thinks she’s found it with Simon. They are living together and now all of the unhappiness of her childhood can be erased. Until they are lying in bed and Simon calls her by their previous roommate’s name. Juliet has found her life is now falling apart, and she has no clue what she is going to do.

I liked this book a lot because it’s so sweet. Juliet is an awesome narrator who made me want to keep reading. The story is also more than just romance. It has layers, which makes me even more invested in a book. There’s the story of Juliet and her broken family and its impact on her. The relationship she had with her grandmother. Juliet has a best friend and they have an amazing friendship. The story is multifaceted, and I longed to keep reading because I cared. When a book causes me to care, this is when I know it’s worth my time. I became invested in Juliet dealing with her breakup, navigating a life without Simon, a letter where she finds out her mother had a secret, and so much more.

Amy Miller has a talent for writing a book the reader can get lost in. I’m so glad I picked up this book, and I highly look forward reading more of her work in the near future.
I absolutely loved this book,to which I'm about to start the 2nd one. The characters were amazing and I can't wait to see what happens next. Thank you netgalley. Thank you Amy for writing an amazing book.