Cover Image: The Lost Tide Warriors

The Lost Tide Warriors

I absolutely loved this book. It had all the fun and magic of the first one and then some! I’m really enjoying this series.
I appreciate having had an opportunity to read and review this book. The appeal of this particular book was not evident to me, and if I cannot file a generally positive review I prefer simply to advise the publisher to that effect and file no review at all.
I received this book not realizing it was the second in a series, and this is definitely not an easy book to pick up without reading the first. The writing was good and the magic system within the story felt unique and interesting for middle grade stories.
The second in a series, The Lost Tide Warriors remains an appealing mix of magic and adventure similar to series like Harry Potter or Percy Jackson. Middle novels can be rough and this one struggled with some of the usual problems including poor pacing, uneven character development, and an over the top minor villain. I'm still looking forward to the third (and I assume final?) book, but I probably will not reread this particular part of the series very often.