Member Review

Review by

Erin K, Reviewer

Last updated on 23 Nov 2019

My Recommendation

I've been a vegetarian (pescetarian technically) for almost 11 years, and there are definitely times when I feel like I'm eating the same foods over and over again. Pasta and grilled cheese can tend to get a little old sometimes! That's why I was so excited to see Sebestyen's new meatless cookbook. This book is perfect for people who are just starting to cut back or trying to eliminate meat from their diet, as well as people who have been going meatless for a long time. There's a wide range of recipes that include everything from sloppy joes to hearty soups, all with plenty of protein and healthy ingredients. There are also extra tips on how to make the recipes completely vegan or gluten-free for people who are following these diets. Overall, this cookbook felt really easy for all levels of cooking skills too. I also really appreciated the beginning section that listed some options for what to pack your pantry and kitchen with (including ingredients and cooking tools) to help get anyone started on a meat-free regimen. Plus, the pics are pretty stunning (and super appetizing) looking! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who'd like to kick their meat-eating habits to the curb - and I'm excited to try out some of the yummy recipes right away!