Cover Image: Her Perfect Life

Her Perfect Life

After reading the summary again I don’t feel like this book is for me anymore. I look forward to other books from this publisher in the future but for now I am shelving this book for a later date.
This book is great! Would definitely recommend. Thanks so much to NetGalley and the publisher for the ARC.
I couldn’t put this one down. I had to know what was going to happen next. The ending was a touch predictable but it didn’t take away too much from the experience. I would recommend this one.
This was the first time I’ve read anything by this author. This was a great read. The story was told by 3 of the characters point of view.  This is a story about, grief, love and the loss of someone close to you.
This was a decent read but I feel that it was miscategorized as a mystery/thriller.  It was really more of a women's fiction book with very little mystery involved, and no elements of a thriller.  It centers on Eileen, who has a strained relationship with her rich and famous author sister, Clare.  When Clare dies of an apparent suicide right after the release of her newest novel, Eileen is shocked to the core.  The book goes back and forth between Eileen's current POV and Clare's history as a teenager and into her 20s.

This book held my interest but there was really no mystery here- the story takes you through the things that happen that led to Clare's demise but in a way that doesn't hold an element of surprise.  There was one twist that I saw coming from miles away.  That being said, I liked Eileen and she felt believable as a character, and I liked the way the story turned out for her.

One thing that bothered me a bit about this book is that there were a couple times where a short story from Clare was inserted but it read just like the author's voice throughout the rest of the book.  I found this jarring and wish that the author would have done a better job differentiating Clare's voice in these excerpts.

All in all, decent read that kept  me interested despite it's lack of surprises.  Thanks to Netgalley for providing me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This has proved a pleasant read.  I felt that there could’ve been more depth to the storyline but that didn’t deter me from wanting to find out how the story resolved.  There were sections that I thought were very well written but too many areas which I felt lacked depth.
Thank you to the author, Rebecca Taylor, the publishing company, Sourcebooks Landmark, and Netgalley for an early electronic copy for an honest review.

This was such an unexpected, great read.  I wasn't anticipating on buzzing through  this book as quickly as I did, and I truly was disappointed when I finished it.  This book shows that no one really knows the people that they are in contact with, as everyone holds things back, and doesn't show all of their cards to anyone.

This genre is one of my favorites, and as stated above, this did not disappoint.
Perhaps I picked this book up at an inconvenient time in life, but I had a very hard time finishing this novel. I'm very much over the shitty husband angle; it is overdone. Give me ONE successfully married couple in this genre and I will be so happy. I didn't care for any of the characters, so the mystery around Clare's death didn't appeal to me. I was sorry she died, but was content to leave it at that, if that makes sense.

I received an advance copy. All thoughts are my own.
Eileen's sister, Claire, a best-selling novelist, is found dead from an apparent suicide, and now Eileen must head off to her house to work with her husband to figure out why. As Eileen reads her sister's newest novel, and her journals, she begins to find out more and more about her sister's past and mindset, which makes this one a very intriguing and page-turning book. There is also some of Eileen's own drama added in, making it double fun.

The writing flows and isn't repetitive, and even though there is a small twist that you may see coming, it doesn't stop you from being totally engulfed in the story and each page!

There are multiple trigger warnings in this one, and at times, I did have to skip over some pages, but other than that, I thought this was a great debut and a fun one to read.

Thank you to NetGalley, Rebecca Taylor, and Sourcebooks Landmark for this eARC. Looking forward to more from this author!
Her Perfect Life was an amazing book! I read through the whole book waiting for one person to confess to murdering her and in the end... Claire's reason for writing what she wrote, I felt that and I could actually see myself going through what she went through. Amazing story!
This is a story about two sisters who could not be any more different from each other. Their paths cross again, when sucessfull writer Claire commits suicide which her sister Eileen would not accept. She embarks on a journey to discover what really went on in Claires life. A life that was not as perfect as it seemed to be.
Thank you netgalley and Sourcebooks Landmark for this reading copy
i thought when i started this book that it was going to be a mystery/thriller but i feel more like it was fiction. yes, there was a mystery why did Claire end up dead on a beach after her book was released? But there was more to it
it has some surprising elements of twists that make you want to continue to read it.
the story was told in 3 different point of views and i think that is what kept me coming back to it each time. i wanted to know more about the story of each character
i look forward to reading more from this author
This is a debut author and she have woven together a great story. I love family stories so I was interested in this book that revolves around two sisters. Eileen is struggling with her part time job, raising a family, and a disconnect from her husband when she learns her sister has committed suicide. Claire has lived a charmed life or so it seems. She is a successful novelist, lives in a mansion, and has a husband that adores her. As Eileen is at the airport heading to help her brother in law she receives a shock that upends her own life and future. I really enjoyed this book and found the multi layered story fascinating as Eileen and her brother in law retrace Claire’s life to find out why she would have committed suicide. I also was impressed with Eileen’s personal growth as she faced the problems in her own life. I enjoyed learning more about these two women and I was engaged in this story from the beginning. I will definitely read more from this author.
This book covers some sensitive topics and has moments that will have you in tears. However, it is a beautifully written story with many touching parts. It was intriguing and captured my attention. I really enjoyed it!
#herperfectlife #rebeccataylor oh #booklovers I adored this book so much. I think Miss Rebecca Taylor is going to be one of my new favorite authors ❤️ #swooning. We have two sisters. One is your run of the mill wife, mother of three. The other. Well. She is an author. I imagined a Danielle Steele type famous, romance author. The story takes us through the lives of the sisters. Before and after. It flowed so smoothly that you didn't get confused. It was perfection. Grab this. Take it to the #poolside or #beachread go get lost with these two sisters. Fill your hearts with love. And lost. Finding yourself. The truth. #netgalleyreview #Netgalley #booksofinstagram #bookreview #bookstagram ✨✨✨✨✨ 5/5 stars for me. This was exactly what I needed. A perfect blend 💘 #booknerd #booknerdigans #bookstagram
Elaine and Clare are sisters, who over the years have grown apart. Elaine is busy with her husband Eric and their three kids. While Clare is a world famous author who is loved all over. Elaine’s day to day life is hectic with minimal help from her husband. Elaine’s only excitement is taking portraits for families, which is a far cry from the photography career she thought she would have. When Elaine receives a call from Clare’s husband Simon telling her that Clare has killed herself, Elaine is not only shocked, but also confused as to why one of the richest, most famous women on earth would kill herself. To top it all Elaine has received some photographs on Eric’s car that show he is clearly cheating on her with his co-worker. Elaine rushes to San Francisco to not only help Simon, but to also see if she can find clues to Clare’s suicide.

Clare seems to have it all, but has never recovered from the death of her high school sweetheart Adam right before graduation. Simon is a good husband and Literary Agent to Clare, but she can never love him the way she loved Adam. Clare struggles to confront her true feelings and answer the questions about what really happened the night Adam died.

I really enjoyed this book. The storytelling was interesting and even though the book skips back and forth through time periods, each era captivated me. I wanted to know what happened in all stages of Clare’s life and try to figure out for myself where the story was going. The story held me to the end on Clare’s story, but also on what Elaine was going to do with her life now that she is armed with proof of Eric’s cheating. I was really happy with the ending for Elaine, was rooting for her as a character. I would definitely recommend this book. Thank you NetGalley and Sourcebooks for this ARC.
Her Perfect Life was definitely a page-turning read for me.

Clare Collins seems to have it all - a successful writing career, a huge home and a loving husband. So, when she ends her own life, those who knew her are taken by surprise. Meanwhile, her sister, Eileen and her husband, Simon are left to pick up the pieces and figure out what would have led Clare to take the actions she did. Perhaps the answers lie within her latest novel, A Perfect Life. Through reading the book and through Clare’s journals, they learn more about her inner thoughts and life experiences, digging out some secrets along the way.

The novel is primarily told through Eileen’s perspective, but includes points of view from Simon and Clare as well.

Throughout the novel, Taylor does a great job foreshadowing the events to come, so the ending wasn’t a surprise, but more like a finished puzzle when the pieces finally all fit together.

Overall, I really enjoyed this novel and would recommend to readers who like mystery and psychological thrillers.
I was intrigued from beginning to end, and enjoyed the reading experience.  I was interested in the characters, and looked forward to learning where their stories would lead.
I absolutely loved this book.  It was hard to put down as it drew me in immediately and I wanted to know more and more.
The character depth was amazing! I loved Eileen...how strong yet how vulnerable she was & I enjoyed that she had a story as well...she wasn’t just “the sister.”
Clare was hard to like but I think that was the point? I did feel for the teenage Clare as I think everyone can relate to a first love slipping away.
I did see the twists coming but the many layers of the story kept me engaged .
Overall a very captivating debut! Well done!
Eileen hasn’t seen her sister Clare in a while but she is stunned when Clare commits suicide. Clare is a famous novelist residing in a home she had built to her specifications and Eileen envisioned her life to be perfect, so why would she kill herself? I was drawn into this story very quickly and enjoyed it right up until the end.