Cover Image: The Forces' Sweethearts

The Forces' Sweethearts

Another fab book about WW2 from Rosie Archer. She really writes well and her characters come to life off the page. She also has good insight into WW2 and creates great atmosphere!
Oh my!

I am just seeing this book in my NetGalley Archived shelf. I can't believe I didn't download it. I agree I was overwhelmed with responsibilities outside fictional books but I am glad I have read the final book in the series, Victory for the Blue Bird Girls".

So win - win!

Rosie Archer writes well. I have read several of her books.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are mine.
I very much enjoyed this book.  It has a good story and excellent main characters.  I would definately recommend this book.
I love this series and have enjoyed following the girls in their travels.  This was a great installment and gives us a chance to catch up with the girls and those they love. I look forward to the 4th book but hate for it to be the last.
Many thanks to Quercus Books and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
I live the bluebird girls books and this is one of those un-put-downable books because you want to see were the girls are headed next and what's in store for them not only as a group of singer's entertaining the troops but as girls themselves. The friendships are very strong and the girls are more like sisters the way they and their families band together in times of trouble such as pregnancy, following a solo career and being attacked by a co-worker. Cannot wait for the next installment
This is the third book in The Bluebird Girls series.

I have enjoyed this book just as much as the previous ones.   It is such a great book story.  I enjoyed it very much..
Book three in this series. It was great catching up with Bea, Rainey and Ivy again. The story line is fantastic, It's an excellent and heartwarming read. Rosie Archer is one of my favourite authors.
The Forces’ Sweethearts picks up with the lives of Bea, Ivy and Rainey who are following their dream of singing. Lives events force them down different paths. The despicable Mel pops up, will Bea be safe? I picked up with this story from page 1, loved it and would gladly recommend it.
Looking forward to the next one already.
This is the third book in the bluebirds series. And Even though it was Nice to visot with the Main characters again. This book became a little full for me. But thank you to netgalley for letting me read this e arc in exchange for an honest opinion
This is book three in the Bluebird Girls series and I can highly recommend the whole series. It was great catching up with Bea, Rainey and Ivy again. In this book it’s now 1942, and the girls are busy singing in ENSA entertaining the troops. As always there’s lots going on in the girls private lives too. I love Rosie’s books as the way they’re written you are drawn right in, and feel like you are a part of the story. There are happy and sad times ahead for the girls but it’s lovely to be right there feeling every emotion with them. Another great 5 star read and I look forward to catching up with the girls again soon.
Adorable continuation of the Sweethearts. Loved the continued development of the characters that matches with not only how a woman would grow mentally in that time, but without being overly sappy or cute.
This is the 3rd book in the bluebell girls series and as always it was a very enjoyable read.
The story is set in 1943, and The Bluebird Girls are touring with ENSA, visiting army bases across the world to boost the morale of the brave boys fighting in the desert and the jungle. The life is hard and at times dangerous and uncomfortable , but Bea, Rainey and Ivy are loving it. Then things change and they all have to deal with what follows.
Rosie Archer is a favourite author of mine and she does not disappoint.
It was 1942 and the Bluebird Girls – Rainey, Bea and Ivy - were in Libya singing to the troops, while enduring their own hardships. The girls, accompanied by Jo, their chaperone and Blackie, their manager and piano player were there when Blackie was notified of terrible news from home. Within a short time they were all on their way home in a Lancaster airplane, where their lives would once again take on another role.

Back in Gosport, the evidence of the nightly German bombing raids was strong. But Blackie was determined to continue with his work in entertainment and now it seemed he was well able to. With Jo by his side, they would do their best to keep morale high in the face of the never-ending war. Meanwhile, Charlie and Rainey were going to be married, and Eddie with his little daughter Gracie was happy to have Ivy home once again. Would Bea continue with her career – the one she’d worked so hard to achieve?

The Forces’ Sweethearts is the 3rd in The Bluebird Girls series by Rosie Archer and I loved it! Victory for the Bluebird Girls is the 4th and final in the series coming out later in 2020 (really looking forward to it!) Rainey, Bea and Ivy were teenagers when The Bluebird Girls were formed, now they are young ladies still entertaining their audiences and wowing the crowds – they loved it and so did the British troops. The girls are both naïve and mature; their support group of family members and friends are wonderful. The Forces’ Sweethearts is a great addition to the series which I recommend.

With thanks to NetGalley and Quercus for my digital ARC to read in exchange for an honest review.
I love books by this author and this one was no exception.
It's an entertaining and engrossing read, well written and with a cast of great characters.
It's an excellent and heartwarming read, highly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
booklover BEV

This is the third book in the series that I have loved all of them. The Bluebirds, three English vocalist, Bea, Rainey and Ivy on tour entertaining the troops, in the year 1942. Visiting places they never dreamed of, Burma,Egypt, India, even Scotland, and were looking forward to getting back to Gosport . Rainey is deeply in love with Charlie Smith, and news of an American tour and startling news from the couple means Bea and Ivy are going to miss out on a chance of a lifetime, is this the end for the trio? All the girls have different goings on in their private lives, with sad happy moments as you read. Sirens are still going off and Germans are still giving grief but these are strong girls bringing such a ray of you are my sunshine to this wonderful story. I loved every bit. The forces sweethearts live on to bring us so much entertaining.
Another brilliant book in  this series. Love sagas this will be for you. The authors books are so lovely to read and feel like you are actually there in person
A brilliant book and great to catch up with the Bluebird Girls and their families and friends.The girls are entertaining the troops in the Libyan desert and also worrying about those love back home.I do so love Rosie Archers books they make you feel as if you are there with the girls.5*
Fantastic to catch up on the favourite bluebird girls loved the friendship and wartime adventures of these girls. Great wartime saga and can’t wait for the next instalment.
Brilliant book I haven't read any from this series before but really enjoyed this book will be definitely be looking for the others . The story was beautifully written and characters fantastic I will be giving this a 5 rating and definitely recommend to others.
Wonderful addition to the series the characters the setting has drawn me in to each book in the series.For those who love reading sagas grab this one.#netgalley#quercusbooks.