Cover Image: Take a Hint, Dani Brown

Take a Hint, Dani Brown

This was another one sitting read by Talia Hibbert. It doesn't lack in steam and I enjoyed the main characters...even the side characters. I like how the story included more of internal conflict vs outside conflict within the main characters. I'm looking forward to reading the next one.
This was super cute. It was extremely predictable but it was still such a feel good read with a diverse audience of characters.

Dani is working hard towards her PHD, teaching classes in the same building as Saf. The sweet brooding security guard who spends his spare time reading romance novels. After Dani gets stuck in an elevator, her daring rescue by Saf becomes a viral sensation. Even though Dani is very anti romance, the two agree to a fake relationship to help Saf get his non-profit organization off the ground.
I love the Brown sisters. They're well developed and complex, and they feel like real people. Plus, their love interests are so good. I liked Dani from the very start, but I was sooo invested in Zaf. I stayed up half the night to see him get the HEA he deserved. I would recommend this book to romance and non-romance readers alike, and I appreciate that the diversity just is, rather than being a self-aware, congratulatory "look at our diverse characters."
This another great romance from Talia Hibbert.

In this book, we get Danika's story.  Dani's focus is on her career and not romance. Things start to change after Zafir Ansari rescuers Dani from a fire drill, and the rescue goes viral.  The internet falls in love, and rugbae is born.  Zafir sees the publicity as an opportunity to help his charity.  So the two fake a relationship for social media to ride the wave of rugbae virality.  The problem for Zafir is that he is romantic, who loves romance novels, and he wants more than a fake relationship.  Plus he has had a crush on Dani for sometime.  He wants the real thing with Dani, but Dani is opposed to relationships.

I love this book.  I have enjoyed the diversity in Hibbert’s romance and this one is no different.  Outside the diversity, I love that the male lead is the romantic, and the female lead is the one with hesitations when it comes to relationships.  In similar tropes, this is almost always the opposite.  I’m thoroughly enjoying reading Talia Hibbert  and the diversity she brings to romance, and would definitely recommend this book.
I loved this a whole lot. I adored Chloe's story and didn't think this could meet my expectations but it did and then some. I love a fake dating trope. The readers know they're going to fall in love but the journey there is always full of new feelings, angst, and lots of will-they-won't-they.

Typically when I read romance, I tend to like one of the main characters over the other. This is one of the rare occasions where I love both Dani and Zaf so much. Dani is such a charismatic character. She's brilliant at her work, full of life, boldly sexy, but also full of vulnerability and fears when it comes to romantic relationships. She prefers to keep things casual with friends with benefits. Then Zaf comes along and breaks down her barriers.

I fell in love with Zaf. I haven't read many books where the male protagonist has anxiety. I've read plenty where they have depression but not really anxiety and panic. The fact that he runs a non-profit organization where he teaches youth about healthy emotional expression through sports. There's no room for toxic masculinity in this book! I loved how underneath the attraction, Dani and Zaf have a strong friendship where they just understand each other so well. There's one moment where Dani talks to Zaf about his anxiety and it just brought tears to my eyes. I felt like Talia Hibbert was speaking to me directly.

Hibbert writes such beautiful descriptions of attraction and love. There were so many times when Zaf looks at Dani and thinks these wonderful thoughts about her. I feel like every person who desires romance deserves to find someone who loves them so unabashedly. The romance in this just made my heart feel so full and happy.

In conclusion, Dani and Zaf truly are relationship goals. #DrRugBae
I’m a big fan of this series! Talia Hibbert writes diverse characters with real issues & obstacles. It’s refreshing! Another impossibly fun one knocked out of the park by Hibbert.
3.5 rating

This book out the gate came out very strong. I enjoyed the character development. The reason for 3.5 stars is because with romance, I wish there wasn’t conflict to get to the happy ending.

I got very excited when Chloe and Eve made an appearance. I wish the friend and Danika’s sisters was in the book more so that Danika could of leaned on them before the “conflict” between her and Zaf came.

I like the mention of anxiety but wished that it discussed ways of “coping” with it. Methods his therapist suggested for him. It mentioned he had a therapist but didn’t discuss if he still sees his therapist.

Danika and Zaf are fun characters to read about. I wanted more romance vs I mess up, I make it up to you, we fall back in love.
Dani is a witchy, bisexual goddess and definitely one of those heroines who checks all the boxes for me, but unfortunately I didn't connect with this book. I keep trying, but I don't think Talia Hibbert's writing style is for me. I'll continue to recommend her though for her diverse characters.

Thanks to Avon Books and Netgalley for my copy to review.
This book is definitely on everyone’s list and I was very excited to get a copy to read but it fell flat for me. Don’t know why but I just wasn’t feeling it.
I loved this book, even more than the first one! Dani is feisty, funny and smart (everything I want and need in a female character)! I finished this book in one day because I could not put it down. Zafir is a sweet, caring, and rugby loving romantic interest who respects Dani's career and know that she's incredibly smart. More romance needs to be like this! Mutual respect, there is nothing hotter, Talia Hibbert knows how to write romance!
Take a Hint, Dani Brown is a fun romance. It is a bit on the spicy side for readers looking for something simply sweet. I'm not sure if I liked it as much as book 1, but I enjoyed it a great deal. Fans of Helen Hoang should definitely give this one a try.
I really wanted to love this book. So many people have read it and think highly of it. But I just couldn’t get into it. It wasn’t for me. Thank you to netgalley for the ARC.
This was phenomenal, hands down my favorite book of the year. I can't exactly find words yet to describe how much I cried, laughed, and enjoyed reading Take a Hint, Dani Brown.

Talia Hibbert is an author that I know I will enjoy; I love her messy and grumpy heroines, I love her lovely soft and lovely heroes, I love how well she writes their interactions with all the puns and flirt, I love how she unpacks heavy themes in her books and delivers just the perfect, hopeful ending, I love the smut!

And you can guess, this was exactly what I got from this second installment in The Brown Sisters series. Huge Ravenwoods vibes (read A Girl Like Her). There's a very good balance in the novel between Dani and Zaf growing their romance, while also working separately on aspects of themselves that they need before entering a healthy relationship. They have different needs and they leave space for that, but they also push each other to do better and keep growing. They are both so lovely, grumpy Dani who doesn't believe she can be in love and soft Zaf that is scared to love again. The way they find each other, how comfortable their relationship is, how domestic and wholesome is, CHEF'S KISS ALL AROUND.

I appreciate how this story deals with grief, panic attacks, anxiety, and depression. As I said, Talia gives space to the heavy themes while still making the novel funny, adorable and so hopeful.

Also, the tropes, please! Friends to lovers sprinkle with fake dating and the grumpy/sunshine dynamic. Yes, yes, yes!

I mean, if there's a romance book that I want you to read this year (or ever) is this one. Give Talia Hibbert a chance, you won't regret it.
4.5 stars! Liked it even more than Chloe’s story, because Zaf is the ultimate alpha on the outside gooey cinnamon roll on this inside MC. Hibbert is so bloody clever and her characters are convincingly clever, too. In previous books Hibbert has gone a little overboard (for my tastes) with the swelling crescendoes of FEELS, but I think she got it pitch perfect in this one. Swoony, but grounded. Just a delight!
3.5/5 stars. This was really good! I can't quite say for sure, but I think I loved this one better than the first one. Man I've gotta say, Zafir was amazing. He was such a grumpy little sunshine of a hero. I must also say though that Dani was quite the sassy character and I loved that.
I loved the first book in this series, so I was excited to receive the 2nd book! I read this book in one day, I loved it so much. I love how the author incorporates different illnesses (anxiety/mental illness) in each of these books. I loved both Zafir and Danika. It was all so great.
Okay, this picture has been sitting in my drafts for ages and I’ve done nothing about it. I’m reading, but just not in a posting mood. That being said, I freaking LOVED Take a Hint, Dani Brown by @taliahibbert. It’s sure to be one of my top (If not the number one) romance reads of the year. The characters are amazing, the banter is on point, and it was just the perfect happy romance read. I give it ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and highly recommend it! For reference, I also read and enjoyed the first in this series, but I think this is totally doable as a standalone.

LOVED THIS BOOK.  LOVED IT.  Best romance of the year!
Dani is a workaholic who does not believe in love, romance, or commitment. She is studying for her PhD as well as teaching a literature class. She is a workaholic, ambitious, and doesn’t let people in. That is until she meets Zafir Ansari. Zafir is an ex rugby player, security guard, and runs classes to help kids overcome anxiety. They see each other every morning on her way to class. One day when she gets stuck inside for a fire drill, Zafir comes to her rescue, and everyone captures it on camera. Now everyone thinks they’re together, and Zaf asks her to play along. What can go wrong?

Oh my gosh, I loved this book so much. The characters in this book are absolutely wonderful! They’re likable, relatable, and have amazing personalities. I loved the focus on anxiety in this book, and how she made it be something normal. As most of us probably have anxiety, and are finding ways to cope with it. The banter and bickering between Dani and Zaf was hilarious. The romance and chemistry between the two was off the charts. This book is extremely steamy, and I absolutely loved it! I would highly recommend this book to all romance lovers!
I really enjoyed this installment by Talia Hibbert. I enjoyed the first one more but this one was pretty good too. I cant wait to see what she writes about eve.
I loved Get A Life, Chloe Brown, so reading this second book of the Brown Sisters series, I knew this book, Take A Hint Dani Brown, was a must read for me. Talia Hibbert’s writing style and humor really put me in the best mood! The writing was incredibly sexy and fun - I really enjoyed Danika and Zafir together.

If you haven’t read this one yet, I recommend the series for an amazing read I know you will enjoy!