Cover Image: Buck Naked Kitchen

Buck Naked Kitchen

When life for the entire universe and planet turns on its end and like everyone else you "have nothing to do" while your place of work is closed and you are in #COVID19 #socialisolation,  superspeed readers like me can read 250+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. (I have played a zillion games of scrabble, done a zillion crosswords and I AM BORED!!!)

Beautiful and delicious gluten-free, grain-free, and dairy-free recipes, fully endorsed by Whole30.

As millions of people know, one of the toughest things about completing the Whole30 is figuring out what to eat the other 335 days of the year. Kirsten Buck, the creator of Buck Naked Kitchen, struggled with her weight and chronic eczema for years before she transformed her life through food. She adopted a mostly paleo way of eating--gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, healthy fats, no refined sugars--and experienced dramatic weight loss.

Soon after she went on to win the first-ever "Next Whole30 Star" competition and is now a certified holistic nutritionist, sharing delicious and beautiful recipes on her blog and Instagram with thousands of fans. From her Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwich for lunch to Moroccan Lamb Stew for dinner, to the stunning Summer Berry Galette to satisfy your sweet tooth, there is something for every taste. In addition, there are recipe basics for making your own mayo, yoghurt, salad dressings, tahini, and more, which prove that healthy eating doesn't have to break the bank.

I actually bought this book and it arrived yesterday and I read it last night! I am all for cooking with ingredients, not boxed foods and Kristen Buck is a rock star when it comes to whole food. By the cover, one would think that it is a vegan cookbook but there is meat in here. If you are a fan of gluten-free, grain-free, and dairy-free recipes, this is the book for you - and if y like playing around with recipes, this is also the book for you. ( I personally believe that cheese makes everything better and I LOVE steel-cut oats so I break the gluten and grains rules as well ... oh, well. )

A great book for Whole30 people and anyone looking for a downright healthy cookbook. (Her previous book is yummy as well!) It's full of great recipes and advice, too.

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube  Millionaires/etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑