Cover Image: F*cks to Give

F*cks to Give

F*cks to Give: A Gratitude Journal for When Life Hands You Lemons by L.T. Jenness is a great take on journaling and gratitude - especially when you have zero f*cks left! I have purchased this for a friend who has a birthday coming up. #FckstoGive #NetGalley
I really did enjoy this and the concept for it. A journal I actually use and find helpful and makes me feel like writing.
""F*cks To Give" by L.T. Jenness is a gratitude workbooks that goes through many different prompts that helps the reader come te see that they have many different things in life to care about. I found the journal prompts to be really fun and insightful, they definitely make you think hard about some things and I enjoyed that aspect. The writing space may be a little small for some people but I fund that having a journal near by allowed me to expand my thoughts further. You can really go into this guided journal and get as much as you put in. I thought the layout and pacing was wonderful, the use of uplifting quotes was well thought through and colours were fantastic.

Thank you to Netgalley and Girl Friday Books for providing me with this E-Arc of "F*cks to Give" in exchange for an honest review.
This was such a cute gratitude journal! I’m obsessed with journals in general so I’m always looking for new prompted journals that make me think and help clear my mind!
What made this book wonderful was how it makes you feel less alone when you're struggling. I was looking for something to give me hope and this book was funny and wonderful in how easy it was to read!
This book is designed to be an interaction between the owner and their own personal reasons for gratitude— as they answer the prompts, they build a record of little joys and honest moments.

It is becoming more widely-understood that the practice of gratitude can improve your general mental health. At your bleakest— taking a few minutes to specifically find the positive and list it out, or re-reading reminders of the good that has happened, can help your brain to re-focus and allow for the possibility for that good to happen again.

The prompts given are varied, and I actually recognise several from both therapy worksheets and meditation apps I’ve encountered. I appreciated the quotes spread throughout the pages as well. I could see this being useful to someone who doesn’t know there to begin a journaling or thankfulness practice, or someone who finds it easier to get their thoughts out once prompted on where to begin,

Thank you to NetGalley for an eARC of this title in exchange for an honest review.
Who doesn’t need a good gratitude journal? It seems even more important to be able to sit back and recount the things you’re truly grateful for with the world as it is. The fact that this journal is sassy as all hell is just a super fun perk to the whole thing! This is definitely something I’ll be purchasing for myself (and probably friends, too)! This wouldn’t so much be recommended to those who disprove of curse words, but I honestly think it adds to the appeal in this case.

Thank you to Remington8, L.T. Jenness, and NetGalley for the eARC copy of this journal in return for an honest review!
Thanks to NetGalley for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

Don't hesitate.. just get it.
It's cute, funny, and so very appropriate to the pandemic  / stressful times we are in.
If you're sensitive to cursing,  this isn't for you.
F*cks to give: 201 Reason to give a Sh*t is a light-hearted and quirky journal and meant for a bit of fun. Full of thoughtful quotes and tasks to get your brain thinking and make you feel good.
This book takes journalling to the next level. F*cks to Give, published by Remington8 Books, provides 201 prompts for you to remember why you SHOULD give a f*ck about the world again.

The cover of this book is adorable, and the layout is easy to use - it's a definite hit. This guided journal would be great as a gift for the average 20-something, looking for a reason to get motivated in these trying times (like myself)!.
Not what I was expecting. This is meant to make you ponder your life and and think of happier times. I love lists but it makes me question my self when the lists are not the same, 3 pages for movies 4 slots for songs and 2 for food.
A good prompt/journal book. Prompts may have more than one numbers to write down. full page to a small portion of page. Some quotes placed. Could add these to regular journal of bullet journal.
Thank you to Netgalley and Remington8 Books for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I love to journal so this book was right up my alley! And with everything happening in our crazy messed up world at the moment, this book was definitely perfect timing!

If you are looking for a little bit of positivity in these testing times then grab yourself a copy.
Seems a bit weird to review a journal but here I am.
F*cks to Give: 201 Reasons to Give a Sh*t consists of writing prompts and inspiring quotes by Barack Obama, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Ella Fitzgerald, Sylvia Plath, Charles Dickens and many more. It's a fun premise (swearing in book titles has been a thing for a couple of years now), prompts are pretty sarcastic (this could be a turn off for most), illustrations are nice and pastel. Overall it's a well put together journal. That being said - writing prompts are really basic and the main appeal of this journal is the sarcastic tone. It will look nice on your shelf tho.
This is a great journal. It is very thought provoking, which is surprising considering the tile. I was drawn to this journal by the title BUT I was pleasantly surprised by the topics. I like that this is a journal that you can bounce around in and you do not have to stick to a linear timeline. Great job on this journal. I will be purchasing it soon!
I don't know what I was expecting when I downloaded this journal but I was definitely expecting more information and motivation than what it contains. Instead it is more of a workbook for you to take a moment out of your day to find things that make you happy and to reflect on life with a sarcastic youthful tone to it. Then you write down those reasons and that's how you end up with 201 f*cks to give. Although I like the idea of this journal and found the quotes to be really great it wouldn't be something I would sit down and use.
I LOVED this journal and plan to purchase it. It is so relevant now with a larger focus on mental health than ever before. While it is meant to be a funny take on mental health, I found the prompts incredibly relatable and encouraging of positive mental health. When I first stared reading the prompts, I was expecting it to be cranky and bitchy, and it ended being neither. The prompts provide positive takeaways to bad situations and help process a healthy response. I loved the colors and pictures that were used. The only thing I didn't like and found a bit distracting was the font used on the cover and throughout the book. I think it cheapens the book a bit and it would be more aesthetically pleasing with the straighter, thin font used throughout the book. Thank you for the advanced preview of the journal. :)
I was so excited to receive a digital copy of this journal from Netgalley and really wanted to love it. I loved the beautiful cover and catchy title. If I were browsing in a store, this journal would have caught my eye and I would have definitely picked it up to look through the prompts. This journal is marketed as a journal to get you out of a funk when you have “no f*cks left to give”, so as I was reading through the journal prompts I imagined myself picking it up when I was feeling down. This journal is written in a sarcastic tone and has surface level prompts. Realistically, this is not a journal I would use to get out of a bad headspace and would feel talked down to when I am already in a negative space. One specific part of the journal that I had an issue with was the use of the word “tribe” to discuss friends. As it is culturally insensitive to use tribe in that way, I wish another word like “friends” or “chosen family” were used instead. Other than that criticism, I think that while this journal was not for me, others may enjoy it.
This is a very easy exercise journal. The premise is that you can list your way to giving a f*ck. Once you've filled it all out you'll have 201 ways to refill your emotional bucket; 201 ways to remember that life is good after all; and  201 tips to perk you up when life is giving you lemons. It is great fun. A good gift for a woman in her twenties.
First, let me start this review by saying this is more of a workbook type journal rather than a book to be read.  It is filled with prompts to start writing and familiar quotes scattered throughout.  What I really liked was the raw wording and sass the author used in the titles of the journaling exercises.  The curse words, to me, make it more enjoyable to journal,  What I wasn't crazy about, though, is the repetitive nature of the prompts.  Although worded differently I imagined myself writing about the same things.  Also, prompts that asked to think of songs that had a memory attached generally have a negative connection to me and speak of difficult situations I have been through.  I admit that I am more of a reader than a writer though, so this offering maybe more suited and beneficial to the folks that journal often.

Many thanks to Netgally and the Girl Friday Productions for the opportunity to review F*cks to Give in exchange for an honest review.